Hitesh portfolio

kaushal, I think I would like to see some consolidation in both canfin and repco and then take a call.

RK, PI Inds q1 results have been good but I dont have any projections. To me stock seems fairly valued at cmp.

amey, I discuss most of the stocks I buy or sell in this thread but wont be posting the portfolio due to personal reasons.

hi hitesh , we all have a way to value stock like i look at eps , growth and overall market scenario…

Would love to know your style of valuing the stock price to enter

Hitesh bhai,

I came across this company: Hester BioSciences.They are into the veterinary business,based in Gujarat…& sell products like vaccinces,vitamin supplements,etc.I know,there is a very outside chance,that you would be tracking this company.So,I just wanted your view on the sector,as a whole.Extremely underpenetrated,large market size,we need to check on the receivables angle,but just needed your view on the sector.It would be helpful.
Thanks

@navtej, there is no single way to look at all the stocks. e.g For most of the growth stocks you would like to look at various parameters like sales, profit growth, debt levels, cash flows, div payout ratio, return ratios, besides the obvious things like promoter/management track record, prospects for the company in question etc. For financial stocks its price to book, NPA levels, return ratios esp ROA, etc. A lot of details on these things are provided in Pat Dorsey’s book.

@sagar, Hester looks like an interesting story on the verge of good growth. Seems worth looking into in details.

2 Likes

Hi Hitesh Bhai,

I have joined this forum recently. It is really a resourceful forum. Recently I have rejigged my portfolio and entered some new stocks. I still hold Tide water oil, Shriram city union.The new stocks that I entered are **Capri Global, Prima Plastic, **Kesar Terminals, Savita Oil Technology, Munjal Showa and Basant Agrotech. It would be great if you can share your views on any these new stocks if you follow them.

Hitesh Sir

Need your views on Foseco. And your top 3 picks now ?

@soumya … I dont have much idea about any of the stocks mentioned by you.

@ravenrage, Foseco can be a proxy to economic recovery. But I havent tracked it closely recently. Coming to stocks which look attractive currently … those would be repco, canfin, gic, lic hf, mps ltd.

Dear Hitesh , what is your view on KSCL already down 20 percent from the peak and currently looking to slide more . Do you think market predicting results are not going to be good . Do you have this in your PF.

Disc Invested , Looking to book profits if the slide continues also asking for your opinion if one wants to hold for another one year what will you suggest

Thank you

rk

RK, I have booked out of kaveri so no holding there. But I think it is likely to have decent fy 15 if the recent research reports on kaveri are anything to go by.

Regarding whether to hold or not for one or more years, it is an invidual’s own call.

Hi Hitesh,

Would like to know your rationale for completely booking out of Kaveri? as it was one of the high conviction picks.

Anything particular about kaveri or good opportunity elsewhere?

Thank you

-Niranjan

Dear Hitesh,

Most of the multibagger stock threads in valuepickr has been initiated by you.You had spotted a lot of great companies during its primitive stages itself.Ajanta, Astral and Kaveri are few names.

But what makes you exit most of these companies at very early stages ? I am not mentioning about recent kaveri exit,but generally speaking as I have been watching your portfolio movements keenly during last 2 years…curious to know your thoughts,…

Shanid

@Niranjan, I always thought kaveri doesnt deserve valuations higher than 15-20 times trailing earnings. but the markets thought otherwise. :slight_smile:

Shanid, part of the problem in early exits was that during buying those stocks I was often too early and by the time the run up had started I was out of them. So thats a work in progress. Learning from guys like Donald and Ayush and Naga how to stick to winners like the proverbial leach. :slight_smile:

Hi Hitesh, you seems to have existed VST tiller , Kaveri , Ajanta… i was wondering what are you holding now ?

Dear hitesh,

Couple of questions regarding technical analysis… Has Kaveri formed a double top near 800 levels. The first time it crossed 800, it touched intra day high of 875 and then there was a drop with very high volumes. Is there a flag pattern on MPS?? Many thanks

@pankaj, I have exited vst tillers and kaveri. Holding ajanta. Among others I hold canfin, repco, gic hsg, hgsl, shilpa medicare, page inds, hawkins, mps etc.

@rohit, I am not too sure about the double top in kaveri. MPS also I cant detect a flag but overall technical setup in MPS appears bullish.

Hitesh , What is HGSL story? The stock is not discussed on the forum .

nani,

HGSL is a BPO belonging to the not so fancied hinduja group. From the announcements they have been making, they seem to be increasing the capacity. Growth has been decent though not spectacular.

Based on above factors stock is languishing at current valautions. cmp 635, eps for fy 14 around 87. div paid rs 20.

If they can increase sales and profits and dividends, stock can provide decent returns.

Technically the stock has broken out of a flag pattern with targets of close to 900.

Firstsource is another BPO which is doing a good turnaround. Though the stock has run up & valuations are not cheap anymore, the business continues to pick up.

@Hitesh bhai,

One basic ques…why 3 stocks from same sector? whts rationale for selecting these…as somewhere you mentioned about **canfin **will grow faster in the sector?

@vishal… Basically I consider all these three stocks under one heading only or as a single stock. All three have different attributes. e.g canfin is going to grow fastest while gic has good div yield.