Hitesh portfolio

Hitesh Bhai,

Me also searching for answers to the same questions.

Your and other senior members guidance at these times would be of immense help to a novice investor.

Regards,

Markets seem weak at current juncture… But predicting where markets will go next in shorter term is a difficult thing to do… Regarding buying your fav stocks and watching them go down, one should not be unduly perturbed about stocks going down if one has a view to hold them for next 2-3 years…

Another strategy discussed earlier to counter such situations is to do staggered buying. i.e Buy a fixed amount of shares at each decline…

Are you buying anything Hitesh JI in this fall?

If yes, what?

Regards,

Jatin

** years…Another **

decline…

hi jatin

Nothing much currently as I am almost out of gunpowder… PI Inds and Kaveri remain attractive picks…

What about ajanta pharma hitesh ji ?Is it the right time to start buying it in a staggered manner ?

assuming an eps of 60-65 for fy 14, ajanta trades at around 12 times… Its not at levels of 5-7 PE which it was at not so long ago…

Having said that ajanta looks likely to grow at around 20-25% as a base case for next 2-3 years atleast, so at cmp it does look attractive.

Hitesh paaji

Thanks to Subhajit and Hemant bhaiya… Looked into Torrent pharma again.

Some of the extracts are

The Company hascumulatively filed****450 patentsfor NCEs from these and earlier projects in all major markets of which, 211 patents have beengranted/accepted so far.

Most advanced discovery program of the company is Advanced Glycation End-Products (AGE) Breaker, of which the recruitmentof Phase II clinical trials for the indication of diabetes associated heart failure in India and Europe is completed.The Company believes that its AGE Breaker Program has attractive development potential in the poorly served diabetic heart failure segmentand other long-term complications arising out of AGE formation. The company has so far published four research papers in peerreviewed international journals describing various finding of the lead molecule.

During the financial year 2011-12,the company has completed Phase I clinical trial of its second NCE. The company intendsto initiate further clinical studies in near future to ascertain safety and efficacy of the lead molecule. The company believes thatthis program isuniquely positioned to address the consequences of relative chronic over-nutrition which are assuming alarmingproportions of health hazard in India, other emerging economiesand also in the developed countries.

If the below info are true i believe Torrent can capitalize nicely.

Salesin Pharmerging markets is expected to grow at an impressive CAGR of 13-16% to reach a size in the range of USD 315-345billion by 2015.

Global growth is expected to accelerate on the back of robust growth coming in from, 17 high growth emerging markets led byChina, India, Russia, Brazil, Turkey,Venezuela, Poland, Argentina, Mexico, Vietnam, South Africa, Thailand, Indonesia, Romania,Egypt, Pakistan and Ukraine (known as Pharmerging markets), which are expected to contribute 28% of total spending by 2015,up from only 12% in 2005.

In mexico they have commenced operations and in Thailand they have planned to register 15 products in Cardio, Neuro and Diabetic segments.

Financials :-

Consolidated : Net sales 22.6 % ( June yoy )

Standalone : Net sales 31.9 % ( June yoy )…

Profit figures as you have mentioned not able to get a clear handle…

Is not Torrent undervalued…

Will be of immense help if you can guide us…

Regards

mallikarjun

hi hitesh,

curious to knowportfolio updates &what stocks are on your immediate buy list :-).

thx.

mallikarjun,

I havent looked at torrent pharma closely so not too much idea about that…You can start a thread on it if it is not already existing…Looking into pharma stocks in details takes up too much time and hence I prefer to restrict myself to few stocks which I follow.

mvalue,

portfolio remains broadly as outlined earlier… based on current market levels, stock picks remain kaveri, pi inds, unichem, monsanto, hawkins, page etc at current levels and ajanta, gruh, hdfc bank, etc on declines… There are many more promising stories out there due to current market condition which are under consideration but not yet finalised…

Some stocks wherein current market price reflects absolutely zero growth based on prices also could provide good returns…e.g fdc, oriental carbon, narmada gelatin etc but these would not occupy a big portion of portfolio in terms of allocation.

Hi,
I have been interested in this co from sometime.The best part is the valuations,which don’t seem to reflect the possible growth…the multiple assigned to the stock is around 12.The co also has an excellent div. payout.The thing that surprises me is the fact that inspite of being a decent sized company(almost as big as Ipca),having a good track record & no corp. governance issues,the stock never rallies much.The reasons for the rallies are also not encouraging: last time it was bonus declaration,this time it seems the Cadila-Torrent merger.They have some tender biz in Brazil I think,which maybe a concern.
I do like this co. but it seems the market knows something we don’t(why should a co like this be trading at such valuations when many others are at much better multiples??)

thanku paaji…

@Sagar ya may be you are right… I think markets are treating torrent as a second/third rung player in product/quality wise…

thanks hitesh.

Hitesh bhai,

I am trying to be modest in your praise, but am absolutely in awe of your stock picking abilities. The very reason I am on Valuepickr is hit2710.

I have been following your posts since TED days and am fascinated with the way you have been able consistently spot and pick winners, who have become multibaggers, way before the crowd could develop conviction on those stocks.

Being a small time investor with a small portfolio, I am just trying to understand the methodology you follow in your pursuit to spot these gems from the dust. Could you please tell what specific techniques / key paramaters and any specific sites ( apart from Valuepickr) where you look for information on a stock before going ahead in tracking the same.

Thanks

Vijay

This is the secret wish of everybody here on valuepickt to know the secret behind his success of stock-picking. Well, as far as I know, he has the art of stock-picking and has passion & openness to continuously search for the new opportunities in the stock market. He is very swift to change according to the market conditions.

Hitesh bhai,

vijay,

There is no specific technique I follow for stock picking… Mainly for growth stocks I try and look for consistent growth with improving balance sheet and still available at reasonable/cheap valuations… Thats usually the starting point and then if I feel that the growth will be maintained going ahead, I work more on the stock.

screener.in is a good beginning point for screening stocks based on various parameters…and a single click provides you with financial data and balance sheet for 10 years.

regards

hitesh.

Hitesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Vijay

Thanks

vijay,

There

** stock.screener.in **

years.

regards

hitesh.

stock | percentage
1 | kaveri seeds | 15
2 | mayur | 12
3 | unichem | 12
4 | hawkins | 12
5 | page | 8
6 | fdc | 8
7 | atul auto | 8
8 | tbz | 5
9 | guj reclaim | 5
10 | muthoot capital | 5
11 | ajanta | 5
12 | cash

Dear Hiteshbhai,

How do you see FDC now. As per SEBI rules company can not do any new buy back for one year. Business model although good growth is not seen although equity capital reduced due to past buy back. I am still holding intact my total qty. Not doing any addition.

Also your views about UNICHEM . Last quarter numbers were released.

When can we expect sp dividend from sales of ESZ at Devas.

Regards,

Manher

stock | percentage
1 | kaveri seeds | 15
2 | mayur | 12
3 | unichem | 12
4 | hawkins | 12
5 | page | 8
6 | fdc | 8
7 | atul auto | 8
8 | tbz | 5
9 | guj reclaim | 5
10 | muthoot capital | 5
11 | ajanta | 5
12 | cash

Dear Hiteshbhai,

How do you see FDC now. As per SEBI rules company can not do any new buy back for one year. Business model although good growth is not seen although equity capital reduced due to past buy back. I am still holding intact my total qty. Not doing any addition.

Regards,

Manher

stock | percentage
1 | kaveri seeds | 15
2 | mayur | 12
3 | unichem | 12
4 | hawkins | 12
5 | page | 8
6 | fdc | 8
7 | atul auto | 8
8 | tbz | 5
9 | guj reclaim | 5
10 | muthoot capital | 5
11 | ajanta | 5
12 | cash

Dear Hiteshbhai,

Regards,

Manher

stock | percentage
1 | kaveri seeds | 15
2 | mayur | 12
3 | unichem | 12
4 | hawkins | 12
5 | page | 8
6 | fdc | 8
7 | atul auto | 8
8 | tbz | 5
9 | guj reclaim | 5