Hitesh portfolio

manherbhai

regarding fdc from current levels downsides seem limited… But triggers for upmove also dont seem to be forthcoming… growth seems slow in terms of sales and profits. Company is loaded with cash and doesnt seem to know what to do with it.

Unichem results expectedly were lacklustre. regarding dividends from proceeds from devas sez I dont think there will be special dividends. management has mentioned that they would utilise this fund to augment capacities at goa plant.

hi hiteshbhai

No canfin homes in portfolio is asurpriseto me . any reasons ? Recently i read aboutBangaloreproperty market and sales there are much better than q1 , can fin home is very large nbfc there.

Kunal Shah

Hi Kunal,

The above portfolio is from Aug 2012. Hitesh has updated them, you will find them when you go through the posts.

Hi Hitesh,

Have you been buying anything recently?

Can you please share your latest portfolio if that’s OK?

Thanks!

regards,

Niranjan

Recent portfolio update.

Stocks include kaveri seeds, unichem, canfin, gruh, page, hawkins, vst tillers, shilpa medicare, polymedicure, dhanuka agritech, navneet… starter position in biocon.

recent exits include PI inds and alembic pharma…

HItesh bhai,

Any specific reasons to exit PI inds and alembic at this juncture ?

Mainly to do with stretched valuations post run up. And shilpa and kaveri etc were looking more attractive so shifted to them.

Hitesh Bhai,

I have a query. As you have already mentioned that kaveri mainly delivers in first quarter i.e.next june qtr which is a few quarters away then why can’t we deploy the cash in any better opportunity which has a greater potential of providing returns early and start buying Kaveri fropm the onset of next year 1st quarter to maximize returns.

Please note that this is just to understand the rationale so that I can improve my own understanding.

Regards,

Rajarshi

rajarshi,

kaveri currently looks attractive based on its fy 14 projections… the recent correction seems mainly on fears of lacklustre three quarters post a stellar first quarter… And maybe the overhang of rumours/news of selling by idfc etc may also be playing out…

For stocks to correct/consolidate, a number of reasons will be put forward… I consider most of it as noise… At the end of day stock prices always tend to follow earnings.

Based on fy 14 estimates of 125-130 per share, kaveri currently is available at a PE of 12-13 times… And this for a company which has grown 40% cagr in last five years and with a debt free balance sheet.

Thanks for answering Hitesh Bhai.

Regards,

Rajarshi

Nice to see someone like you being on the same page,as regards Biocon.I myself made an entry into Biocon.The excitement about its new drug AlzumAb waned out pretty fast…looks good.Any estimates on results? I would consider anything above 110cr. as excellent :slight_smile:
And don’t you like anything in the Teck space? Or avoiding it coz its ‘overheated’?

sagar,

biocon… I like the chart pattern better than the actual fundamentals… Maybe fundamentals will follow technicals…:slight_smile: they do have a good presence in insulins and statins… Annual report describes a rosy picture and now it needs to be seen how they deliver.

tech pack I missed the whole rally and now dont feel the urge to enter now.

Hi Hitesh, I was looking at Symphony charts. Am I right in saying that it is developing a flag pattern?

Hitesh,

Does Unichem looks attractive at CMP or are there better bets available?

too early to say… maybe another 2-4 trading sessions with range bound moves with low vols would confirm it.

It depends upon the investment horizon… I dont see it going anywhere for next 3-6 months… But over a period of next 2 years it looks good.

Other bets are discussed threadbare on valuepickr.

Hitesh Bhai,

Have you made any change inyour percentage allocation to Unichem in the last 6 months ?

Regards,

Rajarshi

inyour

I had reduced the holding some time back to increase allocation to kaveri…Since then its the same…

Hitesh,

How do biocon numbers look to you?

Overall numbers are quite good… the research arm clingene and syngene has shown excellent growth.

Hi Hitesh

Do you still track Greenply? Any opinion on its Q2? Had taken some starter position recently.

Thanks and Regards

Sudheendra