Hitesh portfolio

Hitesh Ji what’s your take on 2 of my largest holdings TCS n Icici bank ? Shud I continue to hold on to it or convert to some fast grower like Kaveri or Repco or GRUH ?

Any views on Visa immigration bills n it’s implication. I feel the entire India story whether consumption, RE, pvt banking is linked to IT only. If IT slows down everything gets impacted .

OFS are generally at discount to market n hence good opportunities to accumulate substantial qty at discounted rate.

I think Gillette, Bajaj Corp, Adani Port, wheels India, Oberoi Realty, Schneider , Novartis, Wendt, Tata Communications, Jolly Board, Essar Port all hv to pare down promoter holding to 75% by June 3 hence good time to buy these quality cos at discount.

Any Of the names u like amongst above!

Hitesh Bhai,

What are your views on Symphony at valuations of around 20 pe ttm? Does it make sense to include it in long term portfolio?

Regards

Ankit

@ankit, symphony seems a good bet at cmp looking at the hot summer. june qtr should have good sales. Not too sure about the long term potential of symphony though. It could be an opportunistic bet.

@ vivek gautam, tcs remains a good hold and buy on declines. icici can be converted into gruh or repco. since kaveri has run up a lot, one has to wait for it to cool down. OFS - no views.

Hello Hitesh bhai,

I know you are averse to high debt names, still Jubilant Life Sciences seem to be interestingly poised at current juncture. What are your views on this as a short term opportunistic bet ?

Problem with these kind of companies is that they will inevitably find ways and means to end up in trouble.

If u are sure u can play it for a bounce but I dont think it merits a longer term look.

Hitesh Sir,

Request your guidance with an opportunity I sense in HUL Buyback

Definitely this is not a buyback like Reliance. HUL wants the buyback to be successful.

• Most of the shares are held by MFs and FII - LIC being a major shareholder @ 3.2%
  • Now since HUL is a part of all major Stock Indexes, selling/tendering HUL would mean the fund is basicallyUNDER-WEIGHTINGthe HUL stock in their portfolio.
  • In my humble opinion, any fund which has BSE/NIFTY as its benchmark would not commit the mistake ofUNDER-WEIGHTINGHUL in its portfolio, especially when HUL itself is showing so much confidence in its own business.

*In such a scenario, I think these institutions will not tender the shares at 600 unless the offer is further sweetened â say atleast upto 700 or even higher.

Scenario 1 â Offer is not sweetened

We buy at CMP of 580, and tender at 600. Our loss is the opportunity cost.

Scenario 2 â Offer is sweetened

We get the benefits of the upside. Should be substantial. Even at 700 Rs. it comes to approx 17% returns.

Please let me know, if I am going wrong somewhere in my hypothesis.

1 Like

DEAR HITESHBHAI

AGM OF ATUL AUTO IS IN JULY

I AM IN AHMEDABAD

DO PLAN FOR A MEET

THANKS

MY E MAIL IS okmehul@yahoo.co.in

@ashwini damani, I dont have too much idea about how these open offers work, so not much idea about HUL open offer. But I guess if there is no sweetener, then there could be a short term knee jerk correction. Else it could go the GSK cons way where post open offer stock rallies hard.

@dr mehul shah, Till now nothing is decided but will update once things are finalised. I will be on a mini vacation for next four days so will start deliberations next week

enjoy to the best of time&fullest to your moods and cheers

Hitesh Bhai

Whats your take on Atul Auto, Poly Medi as buys at CMP? how do you rate them in terms of size of opportunity & any moats associated with them?

Any other pick you like at CMP?

polymed seems a good bet at cmp. among others i prefer unichem, canfin, hawkins (on declines). In most of these stocks one can bet a good amount of portfolio.

atul auto might be impacted by some slowdown issues. if it corrects sharply it can be a good idea.

Hitesh Bhai,

What are your views on Alembic Pharma? I think it is one of the most underrated stock in our Valuepickr stable… Is it a buy at CMP?

Regards,

Ankit

Stock seems to have run up recently. I think it can be considered on declines.

Personally I am not too comfortable with promoters’ past antics in shreno etc.

Hitesh Bhai your take on following scrips at CMP as conversion candidates from laggards(like BOB & Icici) of my PF

1. Astral Poly

2. Kaveri seeds

3. Repco Home

4. Indusind bank

Are all these steady 25-30% CAGR stories??

Hitesh Bhai

I already have Hawkins,Unichem & Canfin in sufficient quantities.

Hi Vivek,

Why dont to look at Yes instead of Indisind as the expected growth is more or less same on both the scripts and there is higher scope for PE rerating on Yes than Indusind which is already available at 25 ttm PE.

regards,

Sandeep.

All of them seem good candidates for replacement but since these have run up a lot, u can wait for dips to enter to accumulate gradually over a period of time.

Has started my annual reading of “One Up…”, following the “picks and shovels” strategy for the following two sectors, which all companies can get good business out of the recent sectoral headwinds.

a) the e-commerce retailers - flipkart/jabong/myntra etc

b) media companies

For the group a) as Lynch mentioned courier companies and network players can be good bets. Which all such other names we can focus upon which will get some air from the sectoral trends.

Hitesh bhai,

I have made recent purchases of ARBL at 290/- and at 260/- hoping for a bounce back to 300+ levels. Would it be prudent now to exit ARBL and convert to Astral. Overall I am sitting on 30% profit in the scrip.

Also I wanted to ask if you are accumulating Unichem at CMP?

Regards,

ramesh

I dont know how buying at 290 and 260 gives u profits of 30%. But coming to ur question, I would advise u to read the ARBL thread and decide. Stock seems to be very strong in a weak market.

Yes. Its a good opportunity for me bcos I am getting the stock at very attractive price. There was a comment on unichem thread about stock being technically weak. If I am buying something for longer term, I would prefer it to be technically weak in short term so that I get it cheaper.