Hitesh portfolio

@hitesh2710 ji,
Amidst the lacklusterness of Pharma companies, Abbott India is posting encouraging performances in recent times. What is your opinion on the long term view of this company?

Thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@hitesh2710 Ji

How should one read the buy back offer from Star Cement at 150 per share when the CMP is 93?

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=a42e57f2-dd6a-4ce5-9ca4-073c9b97828b

Buy Back offer record date was 5th July, 2019. If you had shares in your name as on 5th July, you are eligible to tender your shares for buy back. Entitlement for small shareholders (reserved catagory) is 29 % of your holding. What ever is the quote currently is only Ex buy back price.
FYI

@hitesh2710 Recently, the CMD of RITES Ltd confirmed that GOI will divest 15% of its stake in the next 3-4 months. How can this divestment impact the ‘stock’ in the near term? Would the additional supply of equity distort demand-supply and soften the stock price? Thanks.

@sujay85

Abbott has been one of the fastest and most consistent growing MNC pharma companies in India. And that’s the reason why it quotes at a premium to most pharma companies.

It looks good to accumulate on declines if one is looking out for steady compounding.

9 Likes

@hitesh2710 sirji, can you please provide your view on Tata elxsi. Seems like worst in auto sector is done, can one accumulate this stock for 3 to 5 year horiozon?

@hitesh2710

sir, please share your inputs on garware technical fibres…

i see consistent growth in numbers, good balance sheet , consistent ROCE and ROA and the price action is testing the 100 weekly ma after almost 7 years and in a trading range with 27percent depth form the buying climax…

thank you.

2 Likes

@hitesh2710 Sir,
At the very outset please accept my pre-diwali best wishes. With Dhanteras knocking at the door and people rushing to buy gold, I thought of why not buy some share which is gold-like buy once sell only when in need. I thought of investing in stocks like HDFC, HDFC AMC, ITC and ICICI Lombard General Insurance. Without investing much time to track down these stocks individually. I am happy with an overall portfolio cagr return of 13-15%. Also, I will be more than happy if it mirrors return of sensex over a long time frame typically more than 7 to 10 years.

Views from an experienced person like you is highly solicited as at the end of 7/10 years I don’t like to find myself scratching my head over wrong choice of stocks.

1 Like
2 Likes

@bhaskarjain
Garware Polyester Ltd and Garware Technical Fibres are two different companies, run by different promoter groups, Shashikant Garware group and Ramesh Garware group of companies, respectively. Garware Polyester is a minority stakeholder (1.2%) of GTF. So, corp governance issues in Garware Polyester should’ve no material impact on GTF.

2 Likes

@ramanhp

The dates for govt stake dilution in RITES as yet are not announced. In govt decisions, as you know, 3-4 months can stretch up to 6-12 months. So as of now I would tend to follow the fundamental performance and developments in case of RITES rather than bother about issues whose timelines I am not too certain about.

Technically it has brokent out above 260 and posted an all time high and now is testing the breakout level of 260 again. Need to see what kind of strength it shows on any upmove henceforth.

4 Likes

@riddhi

If your aim is to mirror sensex returns then getting into index linked ETF could be a great way to go about things. Other option is to go for a large cap focussed or top 100 or 200 kind of MF.

However with the kind of names you have listed, where the sectoral growth prospects are good for next few years, I think chances of outperforming indices are high. Only thing to take care of is to go for staggered buying. As you are buying for next 7-10 years, it should be staggered over atleast next 7-10 months or longer.

6 Likes

@Capsule91

Garware technical fibres seems to be range bound between 960-1000 on downside and 1200-1260 on upside. I think since it has not corrected much during the meltdown, it has not become too cheap unlike other stocks. Hence I think earnings needs to catch up before a strong upmove.

As of now it seems to be consolidating above its 200 dema around 1130. I cannot find any specific bullish or bearish pattern as of now, except in case of it crossing 1250-60 above which there can be strong momentum.

5 Likes

@hitesh2710 ji,

Thanks as always for your continued guidance. :slight_smile:

I’d love to hear your views on Metal Tubes & Pipes industry, especially the diversified quality player like Ratnamani Metals & Tubes?

@sujay85

Metal tubes and pipes industry should do well going forward with increased govt thrust on infrastructure. I think the key beneficiary should be players like APL Apollo (and surya roshni to some extent) which make structural pipes used in infra projects like airports, railways, metros etc.

Ratnamani has undertaken a sizable expansion in carbon steel and stainless pipes and is likely to reap the benefits from FY 21 onwards. I expect FY 20 to be with marginal growth/flat. Management perception about company is very good and I have a couple of friends who have been invested in the company since many years and attend AGMs regularly and they vouch for management integrity and capabilities.

22 Likes

Good morning Hitesh bhai.
1 Many MNC dont do conference calls and hence lot of information is not available about them .As you had rightly said earlier, reading more about the company and its conference calls etc lend more confidence about the good company. But here many details are missing , so how does one find them out in case of MNC ? In such cases , how does one find out more about qualitative factors of the business as just financials do not give out such qualitative factors like ability of business to sustain competition , fight disruption etc. Annual reports management discussion and analysis section is also very very brief ( barring a few like Nestle ) . In such cases, how can one take trust on the business model in todays changing environment and how they are coping up with challenges ? unfortunately conference call too isnt a mandatory requirement. What’s the way out as one cant ignore these companies also as they are market leaders and have high ROCE ( eg p&g hygiene , Honeywell , Bosch etc )also . Request your guidance on how to get more qualitative and granular details about the company and other aforementioned factors.

2 3m India had a great past record . However its results are below average this time despite of huge number of products and innovation . Theres a view that there margins cant increase beyond here and hence profit growth would be lower . But wouldn’t great basket of products and customization help innovate ? Does it have pricing power ? What’s your view on 3m and how much growth rate can be sustained? Many thanks for your guidance as always

7 Likes

Sir what to do in this market, we are in very peculiar situation. Expensive share are getting more expensive and new sectors like insurance, Platform stocks (like HDFC life, ICICI Lom, Affle, Infoedge) making new high everyday whereas value stocks (in our perception:sweat_smile:) like (Hikal, APL Apollo, GAEL) are not moving at all…What to do sir… ?

3 Likes

@A_shah

MNC companies atleast the better ones do give information about their business plans in the annual reports. So some information can be obtained from that. Besides that the best alternative is to attend the AGM and ask relevant questions either on the dias or on sidelines and they usually answer.

The better quality companies have well recognised products and one can do some local scuttlebutt by visiting shops selling the products or getting information from stockists if one has access to them.

3M India is a multi year story and one has to build position gradually. It might not move for a few quarters and then suddenly move fast. So these kind of companies are for patient investors who dont bother looking too much at prices every few days. I dont track 3M too closely as its not my kind of company but am aware of the product quality and product range of the company and I feel it can keep growing reasonably well.

10 Likes

@sanu1802

The simple answer on what to do is to buy right and pray hard. :grinning:

It still remains largely a narrow market where money tends to chase the fancied counters and the peripheral companies remain out of favour. But one has to remember that “This too shall Pass”. Nothing is constant. Things keep changing and so will market dynamics and preferences.

One should monitor the progress of the companies one invests in and if fundamentally things are on track, one needs to keep the faith and be patient.

On another note, APL Apollo seems to be coming out from the dumps atleast on the charts. It has had a good consolidation between 1250 and 1400 and now seems to be gaining some strength. Need to see if and when follow through move comes about.

13 Likes

Hi Hitesh bhai,
Is it the right time now to buy high quality auto and auto ancillary stocks ? Whats your view on Minda ,Bosch ,Wabco and Suprajit? ? Many thanks