Hitesh portfolio

ankit, pl find my answers in bold

1).

Not too much idea about it but we do have a thread on valuepickr.

2).

If you are convinced about the story then staggered buying can be a good idea.

3.What

Best method seems to be to identify some great stocks for long term or whatever your investment period and do SIP kind of investment.

Or else if you find attractive opportunity at a point of time then take a loan of around 6-12 months and buy the stock and pay the amount back in the time period in monthly instalments.

Thanks a lot Hitesh

Hiteshji,

Currently, my major holdings are Atul Auto (7%), Muthoot Cap Services (6%), Unichem (12%), Astral Poly (4%), Kaveri (10%).

I have some idle cash which I intend to deploy among the above + ajanta, mayur and blue star. What do you suggest is the best bet among the above at current prices?

Regards

I

** cmp.Mayur **

quarters.

Hitesh ji,

I am an avid follower of all your posts.I had a question.Will the new drug policy to cut cap prices of 650 common drugs have an impact on Ajanta,Unichem,Dishman? If the impact is negative would it be prudent to close positions in the companies that I mentioned ?

Rishi

Forgot to paste the link

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/healthcare/biotech/pharmaceuticals/new-drug-policy-to-cut-cap-prices-of-650-common-drugs/articleshow/17538408.cms

ajanta and unichem are mainly present in speciality pharma segment like dermatology, cardiology, etc where these price caps will not have much effect. dishman is only into CRAMS and marketable molecules so will have no impact of these policies.

vivek bhauka,

I dont have any idea about sml isuzu but you can start a thread so those tracking it can provide more details.

Hi Hitesh,

I am silent follower of this blog. Absolutely admire people like you, Donald, Ayush and Hemant gupta andallthe senior boarders. Reading your posts is absolute joy.

Mayur Uniquoters iseveryone’sfavouritebut I am looking for afavourableentry point to this stock. Could you please advise the same?

Thanks!

Niranjan

hi niranjan,

regarding mayur dont buy it bcos it is everyone’s favorite. try to look into the company and if u develop conviction then only buy it bcos otherwise if price drops 10% from here you wont be able to buy more or maybe even will sell out with a loss.

regarding entry points if u are convinced about story then u can buy some at cmp and add more on declines closer to 450.

2 Likes

I should have framed my sentence better, Yes I am convinced about the stock, just wanted to get an idea on the entry point. Thanks Hitesh!

-Niranjan

Ah!!! How did you discover this one Hitesh? I had taken a look at this one since its located in my hometown and my roomie had bought some of its shares. Biked to tuition every day crossing its corporate office and factory, pretty old, haven’t seen it in last 10 years. The promoters, pretty well known, they have a website about the group, the info on the website is genuine and I know most of it, I have visited Murudeshwar, where they have done all development as charity. Promoters sons seem to have taken the infra business to next level, they have a few 3/5 star hotels in Bangalore , Hubli, Murudeshwar. The Naveen tiles, saw some energy few years back, and since then, may be they are not as focused, will gather info. When I saw last it looked undervalued, stopped following for long time. The promoters name was among one of the corruption case in Karnataka, complaint was registered in Karnataka Lokayuktha alleging some corruption in one of the irrigation project they did to local govt. if I remember the case was decided in favor of company after the inquiry.

Will learn more about the current situation in the tiles business and update here.

thanks mahesh for the updates on murudeshwar.

Its a combination of good charts and stock available well below book value and even I think below replacement value.

Would eagerly await your updates.

hitesh.

Hi Hitesh,

This is my view. On Point and Figure chart, the stock looks good. It has made a double bottom at 18.10 and the next strong support is at 17. If the stock breaks 19.50 then the next target is 23.50. The stock has not fallen below 16 since Feb. The risk reward ratio is better too. Not much down side from here. The stock is also trading above its 50 DMA and 200 DMA which are 18.14 and 17.36 respectively.

Await your views

Here is the chart too:

Thanks a lot Hitesh bhai.

ankit, pl find my answers in bold

1).

Not too much idea about it but we do have a thread on valuepickr.

2).

If you are convinced about the story then staggered buying can be a good idea.

3.What

** Best

** investment.Or **

instalments.

Hiteshji what is your view on GSFC. On charts also it looks as it is in prolonged upward movement. Being from your home state can you throw some light on it. I believe that all gujrat govt owned companies have to share 30% of their profits with govt for welfare.Is it

true? If political lanscape changes in gujrat will we see rerating of this company? This is an old darling of reliance MF fund managers and any positive news is immediately cheered.

Thanks in advance

prasad,

GSFC is based in the city where I live i.e Baroda.

Only problem as you highlighted is the perception of being a state govt run PSU. Along with it comes all the baggage of being such a company.

Plus i guess it depends a lot on the govt policies related to urea etc. As Dhwanil mentioned in his blog, GSFC remains a Peter Cundill type of value pick. downside looks limited but when upmove can begin and how much it can go up is anybody’s guess.

Personally I would give it a miss with many other better opportunities in the market.

1 Like

I think GSFC could be downgraded if BJP loses the election. I have seen the Congress govt making mess of all the public sector enterprises(particularly mfg companies). Narendra Modi had revived GSFC by getting in Mr. Luke (IAS rank) as MD and making Principal Secretary as Chairman.

Future expansion into Potash in Canada is key. Also need to monitorthe project execution capability of the current MD as expansion is lined in the near future.

hitbhai,

I would like to know your views on Globus spirits and Supreme Inds. I have been holding onto globus for 1yr+ and only it is hovering around my purchase price. Sometimes I feel like selling it off but I keep holding on thinking it will zoom any day(!).

Supreme seems to be holding onto its 200 dma and I’m asking more from a trading point of view.

HG,

Supreme Inds seems a good pick for long term investment. technically it is stuck in a range.

Globus spirits will give the ocassionaly bump ups in price. Fundamentally it has not lived up to its promise.

Hiteshji,

Do you have any comments on the business structure for Marg. Although it has not been in good news lately. I got hold of a few Edelweiss report 2 years back and they seemed quite upbeat on it. I am not sure where that story lies now.

There has also been a SEBi circulation around last week.

Thanks!!