Hitesh portfolio

Thanks hitbhai regarding EON electric.I got attracted to this one because

1)Cash on books

2)Presence of Ashish Dhavan who is onboard for quite some time now. Anyhow this company should take atleast four more quarters before they turn in black hence we have plenty of time till then.

Hitbhai, I have been following your portfolio since last four-five years (TED DAYS) and know that peter lynch has huge influence on your investing style. In beating the street one can find that most of his multibaggers came from food sector (casual,speciality dining).So far I have not seen you taking any interest in speciality restaurant kind of play. Do you find no potential in this sectors in India or you are just sticking to lynch’s other famous quote invest in business you understand bests (pharma). Please share your ideas on speciality kind of plays. Previously when I asked you about barbeque nation (sayaji hotels) your opinion about integrity of management was not very high? How you feel about speciality management headed by Anjan?

Thanks in advance for lot of questions…

Hi Hitesh ,

Aurobindo Pharma looks attractive in pharmacy space. I have read one report and they are estimating EPS for FY13E is 16 and EPS for FY14E 31 and one of well know senior investor also suggested this one. Do you have any idea about this company ?

for me valuations looks attractive for Fy14E but not able to judge the pharma space.

vivek

claris – I dont trust the management bcos I was not happy with the way they took core healthcare to the cleaners. So no views on that one.

Indoco is attractive and with its foreign colloborations likely to start contributing meaningfully from fy 14, it could give good returns.

yes aurobindo does look good bcos it has huge capacities and in the past had demonstrated good growth.

Not tracking it actively so not too much idea about projections or valuations.

bought murudeshwar ceramics which forms around 3% of the portfolio.

It is a lottery ticket for which I have given a time frame of around 2 years. If it works out then its fine otherwise plan is to exit.

cmp around 18. company seems to be struggling with debt and other operational issues. But given time and preference for vitrified tiles in which company has good manufacturing capacities things can fall in place. If that happens then stock can give 2-3 times returns within 2 years. Charts are encouraging.

Major risk is opportunity cost and hence small allocation.

There seem to be only two worthwhile plays in speciality dining business- jubilant foodworks and speciality restaurants. I find valuations for both exhorbitant. So they dont come up on my list.

Hitesh Bhai,

Looked at the financial ratios of Murudeshwar ceramics. The ROE, ROCE numbers are pretty low. DE ratio ~0.5, Valuation seems very expensive at a PE of 30, Net profit is decreasing every quarter, Half yearly, and Yearly basis.

The only sensible reason why to invest in it is that it might be a turnaround candidate. Are there any sign, story for the same ??

subash,

This is a bet based on charts only. financials as I mentioned is in a mess. In turnarounds you will always get poor ROEs , high PEs etc.

dil se liya hai isko dimag se nahi.

so I cant offer much by way of investment logic in this one. It is as I said before a lottery ticket.

Hitesh bhai did you go through my Jewellery note? Regards,

Hitesh,

Congratulations on bagging a ten bagger on mayur, when its price crossed 500. I believe you had bought it when it was 100(before bonus). Hope Many more baggers to come!!!

hiteshbhai,

please post your recent portfolio !

thanks krishna.

I bought mayur back in dec 09 when I posted it on TED at around 104 or so. Post bonus it has indeed become a ten bagger.

and lets hope that many more baggers will come our way.

Superb! Hiteshji,

A 10-bagger in less than 3 years!!! Even Peter Lynch would have been proud of this :slight_smile:

From the March-2009 lows of 9.53 the stock has returned 50x. Phenomenal wealth creator !!!

Hitesh,

Congratulations on bagging a ten bagger on mayur, when its price crossed 500. I believe you had bought it when it was 100(before bonus). Hope Many more baggers to come!!!

thanks krishna.

I

** bagger.and **

way.

Most of the holdings remain but percentages vary somewhat due to price changes.

Sold off half of holdings in kaveri seeds as my targets are exceeded.

keeping rest to keep riding a winner.

Will update full portfolio in jan 13 to make it a quarterly exercise.

congrats, hitbhai, on the 10 bagger!!

1 Like

congrats hitesh bhai!!! bhai do you find any problem in thangamile jwellery?

have you reduced your portfolio allocation in atul auto too.and do you find dishman a risky bate

at this price?

thanks in advance.

Hi,

This is a Noida based company, and I know the promoters quite well. Both Integrity & Competence are suspect, please proceed with caution.

Regards

Vishal

nothing wrong with thangmayil except the cmp due to run up.

atul auto i am still riding as fundamentally it still does not appear too expensive.

dishman has had a good run up and could still go up more but my preference in pharma space is for unichem, shilpa medicare and fdc.

fdc has not run up and I think if they can somehow manage to show even marginal growth, it can provide above average returns because of positive surprise and its effect on stock price. Plus downside looks very limited.

1 Like

Hi Hitesh Bhai,

Am a regular reader of ur posts in Value Pickr and The Equity Desk and have become a fan of your investing style. Hitesh Bhai I had fewqueriesand would appreciate if you could address them:

1). Your views on RS Software?

2). Does it make sense to enter Amara Raja Batteries at such valuations (>15 times P/E) for long term?

3.What strategy would you recommend for people like us who have monthly cash flows (salaried employees) and would like to invest regularly?

Thanks and Regards,

Ankit Gupta