Hitesh portfolio

One more update. There was an error in Atul Auto as the bonus issue was in the ratio of 2:1. The same has been rectified. Sorry for the error.

One more comparison of shares is included. The portfolio of Hitesh Patel is also compared to Forbes Capital Preservation List as mentioned in Forbes India December 2011 issue. The results are self explanatory. ATTACHED FILE.

Thank you Donald, Hitesh, Ayush, Dhwanil and the rest. I have made a tag line for Valuepickr.

ADDING VALUE WITH EVERY PICK.

HITESHPORT.xlsx (14.2 KB)

I completely agree. Hitesh has been an inspirational figure on this forum and will remain so for the amazing clarity of thinking and ability to separe wheat from chaff withimpressive accuracy. I have also noticed one more quality is that Hitesh does not get bogged down by the historical data and thinks through the story in current context with right perspective. This ability has helped him uncover lot of turnarounds that one would have potentially disregarded if one would have projected future with yardstick of past. He has brilliantly avoided that. Kudos Hitesh to you.

Best Regards

Dhwanil Desai

I started on my journey of stock investing pretty late and I have been fortunate to stumble across forums like TED and now Valuepickr. And in both these fora, hitbhai has been a shining light and guiding star for newbies like me. Best wishes always!!

Hiteshji,

Currently, my major holdings are Atul Auto (7%), Muthoot Cap Services (6%), Unichem (12%), Astral Poly (4%), Kaveri (10%).

I have some idle cash which I intend to deploy among the above + ajanta, mayur and blue star. What do you suggest is the best bet among the above at current prices?

Regards

So Hitesh bhai’s portfolio has beaten TED top 10 by a wide margin. I am comparing for sake of comparing and not to offend TED. no doubt TED has also done a great job last year. Now as we all are in thanking mode let me also salute Hitesh Bhai. I have never followed anyone’s picks and started with Hitesh bhai’s picks TBZ and muthoot and have been amply rewarded. TBZ is up 160% since I bought (I have been following this one since listing but I would credit Hitesh for helping me in pulling the trigger). Muthoot is a small name and it is the conviction of Hitesh and Ayush which forced me to look into the details and pull the trigger. I would say this to all. Keep it up, keep this great community alive and thriving my contributing maximum possible quality ideas and analysis on those ideas. Thanks to all Excel

Thanks a lot Hitesh Bhai. I have not had an opportunity to be your follower for a long time but have lately followed a lot of your picks. They are trulyphenomenal.

It is not a surprise that many ppl from different forums have flocked here.

The good part is that for small investors (like me), and not stock analyst (like me again) havebenefit from your guidance through knowledge and above all its free:).

Thanks a lot Hiteshji and God bless you.

Any thanks to Hitesh bhai will still fall short of the kind of boost our portfolios and our investment morale :slight_smile: got from following his ideas. Truly he has done a wonderful job and yet unlike so many others over the net never bragged a bit anywhere. THAT I truly feel is a mark of a great human being. Many can become great stock pickers, but only a very few can become truly great human beings. It’s his humility that is his crowing jewel.

Regarding Hitesh Bhai’s portfolio and stock picks what amazes me more than the return is the frequency of stock picks and rotation of capital. If his portfolio would have been analyzed as a stock we would be astonished at the capital turnover!

In my discussions with many senior investors - who have made tons of money - they always emphasize on holding on to your winners and see them multiply. And here is a portfolio which have left behind all other portfolios way behind by sheer amount of capital rotation. So portfolios like Hitesh Bhai’s and Ayush’s make us realize we should never be in a pre-conceived bias and always try, learn and adapt to new strategies alongside what have worked for us in the past.

In the end thanks again to Donald and the core team at ValuePickr for providing us with this wonderful opportunity here. Kudos!

hitesh,

What hppnd to Lakshmi energy. promoter seems to have bought a huge stake in open market.They have huge inventory at low cost also.

Is it a buy now considering the price??

I understand that it was a leader in non basmati and now the whole sector is a goner and it has to compete in masmati now with krbl etc… But still considering the price, I feel it could double in one year time…

ur views?

Hitesh Bhai,

We would love to hear your thoughts on what Rudra has touched upon. What is your view on your strategy/investing style. It is evident that you have a great talent to spot multiple types of opportunities - turnarounds, growth cos, technical plays and deep value picks as-well. Great mental models at work for sure.

Yes your favorite guru Peter Lynch had detailed different types of opportunities including some of the above, but I don’t think even he would advocate high capital t/o. Is it probably the specific market conditions in India right now due to an inefficient market or due to the stage of the bull/bear cycle? High capital T/O also means you are able to time better - technical analysis strengths? Will this investment style work in other phases of the market? Has this always been your style? What are your thoughts?

Another point is that the actual capital t/o in your portfolio could be less than what we perceive, because you come-up with lots of opportunities but do not endup investing in most of them.

Somebody had already asked you earlier about how you scan the market for so many opportunities. Thoughts on that aswell please.

Thank You again

Vinod

One more note worthy point of comparison of Hitesh Patel portfolio which has give a return of 85% is that the Nifty has risen from 4705 to 5879 during the 11 month period. A return of just 24.95 %. Kya Hit hai.

thanks guys for all the praises and wishes.

For me the joy of knowing that I have helped a lot of fellow investors make superlative returns with my efforts helped by other members and experts at this forum gives me a lot of satisfaction and happiness.

regarding the investing style that I follow, there is no fixed method that I tend to follow all the time. it tends to vary according to the opportunities available…

regarding capital turnover, usually this is not too much bcos almost 60-70% of portfolio is locked in long term bets esp in the top five picks.

All this trading and short term investments form a small part of the overall portfolio. But over the past 6-9 months I have observed that they also tend to make a good positive impact on the overall portfolio returns.

I never use leverage for my investments and hence capital available for investment is limited. So the capital turns may be relatively higher as compared to the Buffett type of guys who buy and sit to watch their investments grow.

For adopting longer term approach to investing which I previously lacked I am indebted a lot to guys like donald and chinki who were instrumental in me adopting this approach in a large part (60-70%) of my portfolio.

1 Like

I had observed the promoter buying from lakshmi energy guys. Stock price was then around 17-18 and has increased currently to around 23-24. I think the stock chart looks encouraging and might provide good returns but due to big debt on the company books I have avoided it and not likely to get into the stock except maybe as a short to medium term trading bet. Currently I am not invested into it.

So Hitesh Bhai, it seems u have included Granules into your core long-term portfolio?? Any disclosures on that front :smiley:

Hi Hitesh,

Can you please check, how wim plast is technically. And what could be its targets on the technical charts…

Thanks for all the help

:D

bought a small quantity yesterday. intend to add more gradually.

Hitesh Bhai please have a look at EON ELECTRIC. The company is operating in interesting electric consumable space and trading at 1/3 of cash on books. Big investors like ASHISH DHAVAN hold good amount of equity.Company is absolutely debt free and is in this field for

nearly last froty/fofty years with established set of distributors and marketing offices.They have launched CFLS two months back and will be first Indian company to manufacture lithium batteries for mobiles/laptops/cameras.Market opportunity looks huge but except lithium batteries other products markets are very fragmented with havels/crpmpton/bajaj/

leading category.

wimplast is at all time highs and technically in a free zone. so no fixed targets for it.

Eon electric market cap is around 60 crores. There was some scheme of amalgamation or such other thing which resulted in stock price dropping from 50 to around 27 and now currently it is at around 36.

Promoters seem to have allotted themselves zero coupon warrants convertible into shares.

Looking at the half yearly statement of accounts, current investments have dropped to 62 crores from around 150 crores in march 12. Similarly non current investments have dropped to around 30 crores from 83 crores back in march 12.

Plus short term debt of around 18 crores has popped up which was not there earlier.

Coming to business of the company major part of revenues comes from wires and cables which is not a great business. I am not too thrilled about the lithium ion battery business as well. I think gilllette burnt their fingers in their duracell venture.

So I think it needs more digging and some investment arguments should come about other than the cash o balance sheet. Bcos promoters will always find ways to piss it off unless they really show them to the shareholders.

1 Like

Hiteshji,

Currently, my major holdings are Atul Auto (7%), Muthoot Cap Services (6%), Unichem (12%), Astral Poly (4%), Kaveri (10%).

I have some idle cash which I intend to deploy among the above + ajanta, mayur and blue star. What do you suggest is the best bet among the above at current prices?

Regards

I think ajanta and blue star look better at cmp.

Mayur has broken out again by posting new all time highs so in short to medium term it is likely to outpeform but if your view is for next 12-18 months bcos of uncertainty in ajanta and blue star they are likely to offer better rewards once this uncertainty goes away if both companies keep reporting good numbers as they have been since past two quarters.