Hindware Home Innovation Ltd on to rapid growth post demerger?

Q1- 2024-Investor presentation

1…Inflationary concerns and rising interest rate have slightly
impacted the demand for mid and lower priced offerings

2…Integrated marketing spearheaded by vibrant IPL campaign
further boosted brand recognition and appeal

3…Expanded our reach in the Indian tiles market, with plans to expand the
network further

4…Marketing Initiatives
 Hindware partnered with two IPL teams Royal Challengers Bangalore & Punjab Kings for this IPL season
 Launched “5 star Hotel like Bathroom” campaign featuring players from RCB & Punjab Kings
 360 degree campaign was launched on TV, OTT, Digital, Radio & BTL activations
 179M impressions were served during the campaign with a reach of 45M
 The website traffic during the IPL season was twice the normal traffic

5…TRUFLOW
= We continue our momentum towards achieving higher market share despite slight headwinds in
Q1 on account of lower demand and reduced input prices

 Diversified into PTMT Faucets and Accessories to offer comprehensive plumbing solutions for
customers’ needs

 Exclusive collaboration up with RWC Reliance Worldwide Corporation to launch Truflo Sharkbite,
a range of innovative multilayer composite pipes and fittings

 Establishing a new manufacturing facility in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, and construction of the facility
is underway

TRUFLO by Hindware, is the fastest growing plastic pipes and fittings
brand in India
o With 2000+ SKUs already being offered and many more being
added, TRUFLO aims to be amongst the top 5 CPVC players in
3 years
 In-house manufacturing for better efficiencies & end to end logistics
and supply chain control
 The Company offers CPVC pipes for hot and cold-water plumbing
applications, along with lead-free UPVC pipes, SWR pipes, PVC pipes
for potable water, column pipes and overhead water storage tanks

6…Successful launch of the Hintastica Private Limited (JV) line of heating
appliances at its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Jadcherla, Telangana,
is delivering as per expectations

Disc…invested

2 Likes

If we study P and L of last 3yrs, thers is good growth of operating profit.
However, net profit is largely affected by interest and depreciation

Disc…invested

1 Like

@Pragnesh - Appreciate if you could revert with your viewpoint for below items since you follow the business closely?

• What’s your opinion about the management?
  • Could Hindware’s margins (operating | now @ 9%) reach anywhere near that of Cera/Kajaria/Astral (@ 15~17%)? Note: Q4 FY23 conference call indicates that “should be able to unlock around 1% to 1.5% overall EBITDA margin in the next 12 to 18 months period.”?
  • Do you think that their overall sales growth guidance (~20%) is conservative? Note: Per Q4 FY23 conference call - overall guidance that we should be able to maintain our momentum of 18% to 21% sales growth
  • What might be the reasons for valuation gap (P/S, EV/EBITDA) compared to Cera/Kajaria/Astral?
2 Likes

1…EBITDA

EBITDA margin of Hindware business

A…Bahthware@16.7%

B…Plastic pipe@6.6%

C…Consumer@1.3%

Cera opm is 16%

…We can not compare opm of hindware to cera as hindware has other businesses also like plastic pipe and consumer businesses

=Bathware segments of both companies have similar OPM

2…Hindware want to leverge hindware brand for plastic pipes and consumer segments.These are high turnover/low margin business

=Many of these products are outsourced ,so they can grow into these segments by leveraging hindware brand and less capital.

3…I have done scruttlebutt for their chimney.I can definately say that hindware is among top 5 for chimney

I have also installed hindware chimney at my new home and we are happy for this product.
There is some noise but function is superior than glen chimney that i was using previously.

4…They are aggressively branding Truflow, as i had posted in my earlier posts

5…I dont know about other products performance

6…I had not found anything wrong about managent .Instead most of top positions are outsiders.They may be overoptimistic.

7…Only one thing i donot like is they have over diversified their business ,perticularly in consumer segment.(DIWORSIFICATION !! Fan, air cooler, even AC in future😀)

Rather ,they should limit consumer segment to kitchen products.

Disc…invested

4 Likes

Thanks for a detailed response. Much appreciated.

I think that Astral would be a good benchmark for steady state Operating Margin. However, Hindware as of now is more focused on revenue scaling being in growth mindset.

I like that each of the division has a seperate CEO. Also, I am impressed by the commentary of the group CFO around strategies and funding of the business.

New CEO is onboard. He mentioned in Q1FY24 call that products need to be rationalized in CAB division.

1 Like

Hindware home will scale business easily due to strong branding, current quarter is one off and gives opportunity for new investors. Its cheap seeing growth plans, sales/Market cap, EV/EBIDTA levels. Fair valuation of market cap should be 5500-6000 cr. I entered this at 75 levels in 2020 and moved out at 470, today got opportunity to enter again​:joy::joy:

1 Like

In chinaware which is their forte, they have been continuously challenged by likes of Kohler and Jaquar with new and contemporary designs. I do agree that they have strong distribution yet to remain a leader specially in North India , they have to do lot of leg work . Only time will tell whether the brand emerges ahead with flying colours or not , as new style and tough competition is for real.

1 Like

Do you know who manufactures these Chimneys or whether Hindware does it in-house? I think Inflame Appliance in one of their con-call or interview (can’t remember where) had mentioned that Hindware is one of their customer for Chimneys (Glen is too btw)

1 Like

Inflame is one of the supplier

Notes from Q4 Earnings calls of FY21, FY22 and FY23:

Overall:

• 3 Divisions: Building Products (Sanitaryware, faucets, tiles, and Pipes), Consumer Appliances (Chimney, Water Heater, and Cooler), and retail (franchise stores + e-commerce site evok.in)
  • Brand Hindware owned by the company
  • Well established Channels. Possible to introduce new products with minimum incremental cost
  • Targeting 18% to 21% sales growth, 14~16% EBITDA margin
  • Densifying network in Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4, Tier 5
  • Acquired the Building Products Manufacturing Business of the erstwhile HSIL for 700 crores. Transaction is effective FY23 | Around 3% EBITDA margin should increase due to the acquisition.
  • Advertising budget around 4~5% of sales
  1. Consumer Appliances Division:
  • Started in 2015-16
  • Key products: chimney, Water Heater, air coolers and kitchen furniture and fittings
  • Overall retailers (1,10,000) | ~ 25% sell company’s categories. Onboarded 35~40% of that.
  • Water Heater: JV (Hintastica Private Limited) with Groupe Atlantic, French multinational for heating products and hot water solutions. Will set up a state-of-art facility [600,000 pieces annually] for manufacturing in Telangana| Product’s brand name “Hindware Atlantic”.
  • strong #2 player in chimney category with a 20% share
  • Seasonality in sales: Q3 peak season for water heater and Q1 peak season for air coolers (65% of the annual demand)
  • Present in 1,700 towns and more than 11,000 pin codes across the country | created a network of close to 400+ authorized service centers. In 3-4 years, service centers count will be ~ 1,000
  • In kitchen furniture and fittings business, tied up with the world’s third largest kitchen furniture and fittings company FGV(Italy)
  • Strategy is to capture the market first. Margins can always follow through. Expect consumer business to be 1000 crores by FY27 (was by FY25 earlier). Expect 7 to 8% EBIT margins in 2 yrs.
  • Operating at 3% to 4% EBITDA. But has a potential to do around 10% EBITDA margin in steady state. In the interim, another 2% to 3% expansion should also happen.
  • Working to in-source products to reduce the cost as well as working capital.
  • Risk: Industry cannot pass on raw material inflation because of the high level of fragmentation. FY23 performance was impacted.

2a. Building products division- Bath ware (Sanitaryware, and faucets):

• Sanitaryware market is growing in upwards of 10%-12%.
  • Project business 26%-27%. Retail 72% to 73%
  • Aspire to outperform (1.5x) the market in both sanitaryware and in faucets
  • Own plants running upwards of 88%-90% in sanitaryware and 65% in Faucet.
  • Started getting back lost some channel partners with innovative products, increased marketing spends, and channel friendly policies.
  • Prioritized the development of luxury brand Queo
  • Bath ware business have an influencer program for plumbers
  • In FY24, expect higher growth from faucet than in sanitary, driven by new launches
  • In bath ware, looking to unlock about 1% to 1.5% EBITDA expansion over the next 12 to 18 months over fourth quarter margins of 15.3%
  • Bath ware: 65% Sanitaryware and 35% faucets. ~10% contribution of volume is imported from China | Plant to reduce China dependence and bring the production in house.
  • Working capital improvement ongoing exercise
  • Faucets growth rate indicates gaining from both unorganized and organized sector
  • Utilization ~90% for sanitaryware and ~45% for faucet. New faucets products are being developed within our plant. Also working on in-sourcing of a lot of Chinese products and outsourcing basic products to the domestic suppliers. Changeover may impact Q1/Q2.
  • Risk: input gas prices for sanitaryware

2b. Building products division- Pipes [Brand ‘TRUFLO’]:

• 5 years old (started in FY18) into the market, but able to target Pan India markets.
  • Optimistic to reach INR 1,000 crores revenue by FY24.
  • Current capacity 48,000 TPA. Roorkee plant should be up by Q2FY25- initial capacity 12,500 tons that can be scaled to 25,000 tons at a lower marginal cost.
  • When it comes to CPVC category, we are very strong in Southern, Northern and Western (to a certain extent) part of India, East it is a little bit new.
  • Next 2 years, plan to go into the rural markets in existing markets, Central and Eastern India.
  • Collaborated with Reliance Worldwide Corporation to introduce and market multilayer composite pipes and push-to-connect fittings under the brand ‘TRUFLO SharkBite.’
  • Margins cannot be compared with the peers - new business. plan to grow fast. Constructed 3 plants in short span. CAGR is more than 40%. Employee costs are 4~5% higher than them, which in due course will come down 1% a year. will be at par with competitors in 3~4 Yrs.
  • Pipes business shall improve margins by 1% i.e., 11.3%.
  • Started manufacturing overhead water tanks at Telangana plant for key southern states.
  • Risk: Fall in raw material prices leads to Inventory losses. For e.g., pipes division had inventory loss ~INR 43 crores in FY23.

Debt:

• Total Bank Debt as on Q4FY23 stands at INR 712 crore.
  • Not inclined to be debt free. Always be at an optimal level of debt. In the last 4 to 5 years, we have invested our capital for creating new channels in the market. Cheapest cost of funding today for a tax paying and 18~20% ROCE business. Helps faster expansion.
  • Debt repayment schedule - repay odd 100 crores of debt in FY24
  • Capex funding: ~ 70% debt. Any surplus cash used to settle the working capital.
  • Profits primarily used to reduce the working capital. In case surplus, repay the loans.

Capex:

• Pipes capex INR 180 crores
  • Sanitaryware and faucets debottlenecking INR 30~40 crores
  • Creating brand stores across the country INR 50 ~ 60 crores

Network Matrix:

Inference:

I sense that business would continue with:

• Network densification.
  • Seeding of new products.
  • Debt (may reduce by half from the current level but will not be eliminated).
  • Margin expansion and sales growth.

Overall, I expect that sales would grow at 18~20% cagr for the next 3~4 Yrs and consolidated operating margins [EBITDA] to reach at 14~16% [Sanitaryware & Faucets @16~17% | Pipes & Fittings @14~15% and Consumer Appliances Business @9~10%]

Relative Valuations:

10 Likes

Read few concalls post COVID, my view on business and management -

1. Management’s guidance is not to be relied upon. In mid FY22, they were saying 1.5-2x market growth which then came down to 1.5x by end of the year and then now it is 1.2-1.5x given variations in consumer sentiments. While I know that consumer durables sector has been under pressure overall but I would like to see them remain consistent and conservative throughout.
  2. They guided for 20% growth in consumer appliances business with 7-8% EBIT margins in Q4FY22 but it seems nowhere close as of now. They are struggling to do topline growth atm. Anyway this segment is pretty crowded so I doubt this can drive much of the value for the business.
  3. I doubt that overall growth will be sustained at 18-20% CAGR over 3-5 year period without consumer appliances taking off. As of now my expectations are capped at 15% with something less than that won’t be surprising as well. Most of this would be driven by bath and pipes business.
  4. Margins could go up to 11-12% by FY25 given the acquisition and softening of RM costs.
  5. Deleveraging could start in next 12 months reducing interest costs and giving boost to PAT further.

Overall, given my apprehension on management’s focus and capital allocation I would wait for some margin of safety to make any buy decision. My calculations suggest 5000-6000 Cr MCap is likely in 2 years.

Plus, my learnings of past few years say that always bet on market leader in consumer categories. So I am slightly biased as well.

6 Likes

Hindware- update

HINDWARE

A…Performace

• operating
    growth@19%cagr(2019-2023)

B…Less growth due to
=challenging macro environment whereas demand has been subdued coinciding with the period of interest rate hikes and high inflation leading to slow down in consumers discretionary spend

=Low pat due to high interest, high depreciation and very high tax(82%)

C…Future growth triggers

1…Capex

A-Pipes capex @ INR 180 crores

B-Sanitaryware and faucets debottlenecking INR 30~40 crores

C-Creating brand stores across the country INR 50 ~ 60 crores

=Establishing a new manufacturing facility in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, and construction of the facility
is underway

2…Acquired the Building Products Manufacturing Business of the erstwhile HSIL for 700 crores. Transaction is effective FY23 | Around 3% EBITDA margin should increase due to the acquisition.

3…Ipl branding
=360 degree campaign was launched on TV, OTT, Digital, Radio & BTL activations

4…Successful launch of the Hintastica Private Limited (JV) line of heating
appliances at its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Jadcherla, Telangana,

Disc…invested

1 Like

Feb 2024 concall(hindware)

1…Performance

=Despite the challenging macro environment, our performance for the quarter and nine months
has been stable.

=While demand sentiment across categories and regions has been muted, the resilience of our business model and the strength of our brands have enabled us to continue
delivering value.

=We are confident that as the market improves, our performance will further strengthen.

B…pipe

=Despite challenges such as sluggish demand and fluctuating raw material prices on a downward
slide, our quarterly revenue reached at INR174 crores with INR531 crores in nine months FY24.

=Our Q3 EBITDA stood at INR13 crores with a margin of 7.7% and INR45 crores in nine months with a margin at 8.5%

C…Consumer

=Consumers businesses have been facing headwinds since at least last two quarters.

=Our growth was subdued due to muted consumer demand and inflationary concerns.

==============

FUTURE GROWTH

1…New products(bathware segment)

=Customer response to our new offerings continues to remain encouraging as reflected in the
increasing share of new products, which contribute to 24% to our sales in the first nine months for FY24.

2…Distribution network

=We continue to penetrate new markets, recognize untapped potential in Tier 3 and Tier 4 cities.

=We’re actively expanding our distribution network to broaden our reach.

=Simultaneously, we’re investing in strengthening our presence in Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities by opening more brand stores.

3…Branding and advertising

=Our commitment to enhancing brand visibility remains steadfast.

=We advertised throughout all 48
matches in World Cup during quarter three with an overall expenditure of ~INR7 crores plus.

4…PIPE SEGMENT

A…Roorkee plant

=The construction of our new manufacturing plant in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, is underway, and we
anticipate its operational launch in December of FY24-25, marking a significant milestone in
our journey.

B…New products(pipe segment)

=We are diversifying our product portfolio with our introduction of high value-added items commencing with foam core, that is underground drainage, in Q1 FY25.

=We plan to manufacture double wall corrugated pipes and fittings and also fire sprinkler systems which will go till Q3 FY25.

=Our underground drainage machines have come, there will be
trials, we’ll apply for BIS licenses. And I think in the next Q1, we will be definitely able to sell
these products.

=And the other two categories which is double wall corrugated, the machines have been already
ordered. I think, almost around Q3 of FY 2025, we’ll be installing these machines, and we will
have a direct commercial production, and also fire sprinkler systems which are now gaining lot
of ground, if you have seen recently that the normal conversion from conventional GI piping
systems is now converting to CPVC piping.

=The categories like underground drainage, double wall corrugated, fire sprinklers, column pipe systems have come now on a very higher side from government space, that is huge, Jal Jeevan Mission project, which is going on, which is Prime Minister’s Modi Ji’s dream, Har Ghar Jal, and that’s all HDPE pipe.

C…Growth
=If you see our YTD growth, that’s almost around more than 11%. This is similar to all the peers.

=We definitely assume a positive cadence of around 15% or more
in the next financial year from the volume growth.

D…Huge opportunity

= Piping sector is a very huge sector. There are around 11 categories of different products where companies are operating. So if we talk about Supreme and Astral, they are into all the 11 categories. We were there into four categories. And we will
be entering into three categories in year FY25. So we will be into seven categories.So pipe segment has huge space to grow.

=when we are talking that we will enter into different categories next year, there will be an
incremental growth which will come from those categories. And all those categories, since they
are new into the Indian market, if you understand because there will be only four or five players
who will be manufacturing, in fact only 3 players that is manufacturing in this category. So the GP margin of those products is on a higher side. We will definitely realize a better EBITDA in
future.

E…Cpvc

=Our market presence remains strong with CPVC pipes and fittings contributing over 40% to our
revenue

F…Network
=Currently, our network includes over 300 active distributors and approximately 30,000 retailers

5…CONSUMER SEGMENT

=Our Kitchen Appliance business remains resilient and continues to grow.

=Our chimneys continue
their dominance on both the online platforms, Flipkart and Amazon. We are number one on
Flipkart and number three, reducing the gap with number two, on Amazon.

=We are actively expanding our portfolio in Kitchen Appliances, adding more products doubling down on the
overall portfolio where we are doing well

Q=When do we see this business once again going to breakeven levels at EBITDA? We have seen a significant amount of time where the growth has also not come, and also the margins have sort of dwindled away.
I understand the overall demand environment, but can you give some estimates by when can we
see breakeven coming in this business? And what kind of growth do we expect in this business
in the next couple of years?

Ans=There are two themes that we are currently working on.

=The first one is our rationalization of the portfolio, where we are doubling down on the kitchen part where we are doing well.

=We’re also exiting some non-performing and low-performing categories so that we can focus the resources on the areas that we are doing well.

=And the second theme is to put the business hygiene in place
where cost, both product as well as operational, is under focus.

= These initiatives should lead
to us getting to the positive EBITDA in a couple of quarters.

6…BATHWARE SEGMENT

A…Competition

Q=In the Bathware segment, what we observed that the peers or even the smaller peers who has ventured out in this business are doing
far better in terms of the growth. And looking at the nine-month numbers, their growth rate is better than ours. So is there a market share shift we are seeing in the Bathware segment?

Ans=We have seen in the last 3-4 years, just about every tile company has got into Bathware segment
in a notional way.

=And to the best of our understanding, none of them have achieved any significant revenue as of now.

=The way the market is structured, we already have some network
and when you place your first product into the market, a primary dispatch happens and revenue
gets booked in the books.

=We have seen many companies, when you do initial revenues, you do it on zero volume, so your
growth look very high. But not many companies have been able to follow up on similar growth.

=So to answer your question, yes, the competition has intensified across sanitaryware and faucet
business because existing tile brands have come into this business.

=However, we don’t believe this business will be a building materials business. We believe this
business will be a consumer business wherein brands are very important and basis the brand consumer buys the product. So I’m sure that we will see consumers coming to the bigger brands over a long-term period.

=So to answer your question, yes, there is competition. We can’t stop competition from happening.

=But yes, have they made a dent? Yes, initially they would have, but we don’t believe in a larger scheme of things, with larger competition in mind, we have lost any share. We have actually
performed better than all the other listed peers as well if you look at their last quarter results or
you know even over the last 8 to 10 quarters, the answers is evident

7…Capex

=Capex in pipe business

Hyderabad plant@350 cr
Uttarakhand plant@100cr(2024)

=We intend to spend INR100 crores of investment in Uttarakhand
because we will be commercially operating this pipe plant by end of December next year.

=So we will be operating with a higher capacity of around 12,500 metric tons per annum. This will again add
up to the sale.

=At the moment what is happening is, pipes only for the agricultural or SWR pipes, we’re not able to sell in these market. We’re only able to sell the other products, because we didn’t have a manufacturing facility. And as the freight part in pipes is so high, you cannot transfer pipes at a larger volume to these places. So once this plant is operational, I’ll come back
to your question, we definitely have a chance to score better than our competitors.

8…Margin

=We have absolutely no issue and I would also like to bring to your notice that for the nine-month period, our EBITDA margins improved by 200 basis points from 13.4% to
15.4%

=But on a nine-month basis, even after doing this extra spend in this quarter, we are 200 basis
point higher. So there is no adverse product mix. There is no margin pressure, in fact, we’re on
track for our localization initiative as well, which is bound to give us further gains as we go forward

=Safe to assume that the 16%, run rate would continue from the coming quarters for Hindware

9…DEBT

Q=Sir, just one last question, especially for Sandeep ji. Sir, we look at now the nine- month
net debt numbers, we are now closing INR1,000 crores, and we were planning to bring this debt
levels down. Definitely, it has gone the other way. So any realistic number in terms of when do
we see this debt level or any sizable correction in this debt numbers because even on the working
capital part as well, we are not seeing any major improvement across categories?

Sandeep Sikka: We had given a sort of a statement at the start of the year that we should be able to run off the
debt by about odd INR100 crores with the profits which we are earning.

=The whole market
momentum has not moved the way we have planned the growth numbers are muted. But in terms
of our EBITDA margin protection, I think we have been able to demonstrate it on the Bathware
side.

= I think give us another two quarters, we should be able to demonstrate on what we talked about
because there is no other exit of the money. Whatever is Hindware earning, actually its being deployed towards reduction of the debt only.

=What I think our investors should bear with us for another quarter or so. Once the market momentum starts growing, the inventory liquidation will
also start happening fast.

=Definitely, there has been some increase in the debt on account of the incremental capex, which
is relating to the pipes because it’s very critical.

=We are looking at a very
aggressive pipe business doing almost INR2,000 crores plus in the next five years for which we
will require some sort of an investment because it’s not a business wherein outsourcing can
happen. Rajesh has spoken about entering into newer categories around the core product. We feel, give us one or two quarters, I think some level of debt should come down, but most of the debt which we are now contracting is for a long-term growth. Had we not taken Roorkee plant, then that quantum of money would have definitely come down also.

10…Negative ebidta in pipe and consumer business

Q=In the first nine months, on a consolidated basis, we’ve done INR91 crores PBT in the Bathware business, but overall consol
PBT is INR 30 crores.

=Actually, we’re losing some INR 31 crores in the other businesses. So I
guess the question was, we had around INR32 crores loss in the Consumer Appliance business
also in the nine months.

= So any internal guidance or aim you have, what kind of ideal EBITDA
margins and net margins you are aiming for in the, one, pipe business, and two, in the consumer
appliances?

=Because as a shareholder, if I look at it on a INR2,000 crores revenue, our net margin is only 1.5%. So how do we move up this goal of EBITDA margin and net margin going forward?

Ans=

A…Pipe

=The fixed cost structure for pipes is still high. And as the volume builds up,this fixed cost wull come down.

=There, we have already given a
double-digit 10% to 12% EBITDA coming through in the next 18, 24 months with all the investments which we are doing.

B…Consumer

=We are doubling down on the kitchen part where we are doing well.

=We’re also exiting some non-performing and low-performing categories so that we can focus the resources on the areas that we are doing well.

=On the consumer side, I feel another two or three quarters will be required in terms of rationalizing the whole things, and we should be back to the market the way we were around 1.5
years back.

= Right now, this business is facing an extreme headwind not only for us, when you see the competitors and the peers also, a similar sort of numbers are coming from there also.

=But good part is that we have a core kitchen business today, which is now the focus area. And we
are working on a strategy. given the fact that we are in this business for almost eight years now
and we are charting the path that in next three quarters ,we should make it a profitable business

11…Growth and ebidta guidance

= I think from our side, we have built a robust business model. We have the first-mover advantage. The rest of the players are now experimenting in the
market in terms of expanding the horizon for the brand.

=We feel that we should be able to
continue our growth trajectory somewhere in the range of 15% to 17%. And what I’m talking is not immediate quarters, but I’m talking a trajectory of say 2 to 3 years CAGR.

=If you see it on a combined basis over the next 24 months, our ebidta should be in the range of around 13% to 14%…

12… your kitchen appliances business contribute what percentage of total Consumer Appliance business?
Salil Kappoor: 60% to 65%.

13…if you look at its segment-wise, we’ve also seen a huge buoyancy also in the upper part of the segment.

14…As per management, they see an extremely positive market sentiment as we go forward, be it on the top line, be it on the way the margins are structured right now.

Disc…invested

2 Likes

When we study financials of hindware, its PAT has not grown at all in last 5 yrs.(2019@55cr…2024@50cr)

===============

However, when we dive deep, the picture is somewhat different

1…Its revenue growth @11%(5yrs)
2019@1671 cr
2024@2795 cr

===============

2…Its operating growth@16.40%(5yrs)
2019@124 cr
2024@ 265 cr

===============

3…Why PAT is very low?

The reasons are:

A…High intetest and high depreciation due to purchase of asset from AGI greenpack(sister company)

B…Loss making pipe and consumer businesses.

=In 2024, Company has
A… Around 120 cr PBT from bathware segment(91 cr in 9 months)
B…1.5 cr PBT in pipe segment
C…(-32cr) PBT in consumer

=That means ,company is losing around 30 cr profit in pipe and consumer segment.

What management says about these businesses?

A…PIPE BUSINESS

=The fixed cost structure for pipes is still high. And as the volume builds up,this fixed cost wull come down.

=There, we have already given a
double-digit 10% to 12% EBITDA coming through in the next 18, 24 months with all the investments which we are doing.

B…CONSUMER BUSINESS

=We are doubling down on the kitchen part where we are doing well.

=On the consumer side, I feel another two or three quarters will be required in terms of rationalizing the whole things

===============

4…Valuation

A…As Hindware has very high depreciation and interest cost, i think EV/EBIDTA is better metric for valuation

Hindaware’s
Pe ratio@58
Ev/ebidta@ around 15

B…As consumer and pipe business are new businesses and they add atound (-30cr) to PAT, it actually inflates PE ratio.

=I think PE ratio dont give actual valuation picture here considering potential turnaround stories of these two new businesses(pipe and consumer)

==========

5…Opm of bathware segment of hindware is around 15% which is similar to Cera
= Bathware segment of hindware has similar growth as cera.

==========

FEW NEGATIVE POINTS

1…Huge debt

2…stiff competition in bathware segment from some new listed players.However, these new companies have very low base as per management.

3…Consumer business is still loss making

4…I may be wrong about its valuation

5…I think ,they are doing DIWORSIFICATION by entering in some unrelated products(fans😮‍💨 etc)

=However, management has guided about exiting from few products in consumer segment and focusing on kitchen products.

Disc…invested

5 Likes

What do we make of resignation of CEO .

At present, Hindware has price sales ratio(P/S ratio) less than 1.

I think long term investment will give good return from here.

Disc …invested

In My opinion the management has very poor capital allocation skills

For a 2500 crore company they have created business like conglomerate

there are too many moving needles,
Once they say they’ll pay debt by 100 crores P.a.

now they say they’ll invest that 100 crores in Business and let the debt piled up if there’s growth opportunity

no matter how good the growth prospectus or market conditions are, you should be having sane rationale w.r.t. capital allocation in business specially

hence execution remains the key

See Cera, Hindware was giving tough competition to Cera but too many business Caused them to move away from the main business, they have good hold over Bathware and modular kitchen appliances, why PVC investment?

Thike the business will give them fruits but too much clutter Ness is business is bound to fail some day or other

Not invested, Happy to hear contradictory views though :smiley:

4 Likes

They are leveraging hindware brand into consumer and pipe segment .

They are definately successful into chimney segment(as per their numbers and my scruttlebutt) and may succeed into pipe segment as these are related businesses.

However, going into fans and many nonkitchen items is definately DIWORSIFICATION.

Management has also guided about (feb 2024 concall)

1…Withdrawing from non kitchen products.

2…Debt
They have 220 cr cfo in 2023.Due to huge growth opporunity, they are planning for expansion into pipe segment.All other cash will go into debt reduction.

Disc…invested

1 Like

I just started researching about this company. Hindware is a great brand. No doubt. I do think that management will realise about diworsification sooner or later. But what really dampens my enthusiasm is their working capital management. Unsustainable quick ratio, high debt. Are they using long term borrowings for working capital. Can they pay principal when they have to? Will cash flows be good enough at that time ? etc. I understand that if everything is fine such brands won’t be at such low valuations(p/s). Feel free to counter. Thank you.

1 Like

Let’s pray the later is lot sooner than we think
Or else it wont take long for havels to take away heir market share
Since they are expanding with huge share in Kitchen ware market

Infact they appointed Inflame for OTG and Chimney contract manufacturing

I feel the moat they have is being taken by them lightly

Just companre Cera and Hindware

How they have diverged from their main business to other business just because its Lucrative

Are bhai lucrative to Bulb lights bhi hee abhi fans k sath woh bhi banaoge kya? This is for a company whose sole purpose should have been selling chimney and kitchen tops

Imho if you want to play Hindware better to go with Inflame, the prudent capital allocation there will ensure that your capital is deployed properly
And if by chance havels takes over Hindware in market share inflame has win win situation for both cleints

Its like heads i win, tails i win stype of situation

3 Likes