Help needed in Book Reading Order

For those who haven’t benefited from IRCTC’s recent IPO … can do so by subscribing to Magzter via the IRCTC app for 589/- !! :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for recommendation of such good books and process for reading them

Almost all books are available in markets be it hard copy or soft copy but

"India’s Money Monarchs - compiled by Chetan Parikh"
is there any way to get access of above book as its out of publication and checked dozens of websites but there is no pdf or any other format of it, same goes for "Capital Account by Edward Chancellor"

May be I can help you with the second one. Lets talk.
Your mail id please.

I am also in search of the first book since last few years.

@Shawn_Lopes @12years

What is so special about the book India’s Money Monarchs?

People who were interviewed could have changed their thinking completely, as the book was published in 2005 it seems. So in 16 years those monarchs could have become different kind of investors.

Yes you’re right it’s 15 year’s book and lot ideas thesis might be redundant today, but i do like to read books of various era to understand thinking of that era to relate and understand of those triggers played out and if not where those thesis went wrong to update our rationale and i like to read books without any expectation be it old or new you never know where you find great idea or learning and plus if i don’t like book in first 2-3 hours i usually drop it so no harm in trying new stuff.

The list is not visible on the site. Please could you load again? Thanks.

I recently re-read Dhando Investor and One up on the wall street. Even though examples are same a revision just drives home the points harder. Both the books are to be read for sheer wisdom.

Please also add the ‘Wealth Creation Study’ of Motilal Oswal. Ramdev Agrawal is a known name in the investment circles.

They come out with this analysis every year. And it is always about long term wealth creation.

Right. I have found some books too tough going, ‘Intelligent Investors’ for example. For example Intelligent Investor, I need to go back to.

There are other books you will never want to finish, for example ‘Only Three Questions’ of Kenneth Fisher.

But there are books you read. You understand, and even buy a copy for your children and friends. ‘Psychology of Money’ by Morgan Housel, ‘One Up on the Wall Street’ of of course Peter Lynch, Parag Parikh’s ‘Stocks to Riches’, Greenblatt’s ‘The Little Book that Beats the Market’.
So yes, leave a book that talks down to you, or is too obtuse at the time.

1 Like

Donot miss the following

1. Joys of Compounding by Gautam Baid. Book is not just for investing but for prosperous life as well. You will be a different human after reading

2. Dhandho Investor by Mohnish Pabrai.
    Mohnish has a knack of simplifying complex concepts.

2 Likes

In fact, one of the best books I have read on investment is Richer, Wiser, happier by William Green

My Reading list in order

1. One up on the wall street Peter Lynch
  2. Beating the street Peter Lynch
  3. Intelligent Investor[Must read]
  4. Richer wiser happier
  5. Education of a value investor
  6. Dhando
  7. Buffett’s letters to the shareholder
  8. Nick Sleep letters to partners
  9. You could be stock market genius
  10. Where are customer yachts