Great articles to read on the web

A primer on Web 3.0 from Andreessen Horowitz. Covers Decentralized
Autonomous Organizations (DAOs), Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Stable coins, NFTs, etc concisely.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Hi,

Conservative investors should be focused more on achieving goals, and as long as they can keep Debt : Equity ratio, close to the required ratio, for the specific financial goal, they should be all right.

When prices of some assets go up in one direction, one can use this to reduce that asset allocation, and balance the Debt : Equity ratio for few financial goals.This allows you to book profits when required, and also invest more money at other times when required.

There will be tendency from time to time to justify such exorbitant prices of certain assets like Equity, or Gold, but that should not be the worry for most. Major worry should be - Are you moving closer to your financial goals? If that is happening, in the end, you should be satisfied as an investor who is focused on achieving your financial goals. In fact, such high prices can help you to achieve certain goals faster (by booking some profits and shifting that to fixed return assets), and you can then allocate some funds for other financial goals which you may not have considered earlier.

It is not as simple as it sounds, but an investor is better off practicing it to the extent possible.

2 Likes

What I Learned from Warren Buffett by Bill Gates | Harvard Business Review, 1996

2 Likes

Diamond from Prof…As usual.
The title says “The Illusion of Smart Money - Webinar with Aswath Damodaran” - discussion is on passive vs active investment…
Liked hence sharing…

5 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

Very insightful analysis on the EV industry by @Worldlywiseinvestors sir.

4 Likes
4 Likes

As always @ckn makes an insightful & forceful point

3 Likes

Very intensive and filled with wisdom and wits of Mr Bharat Shah. Worth listening to multiple times.

1 Like

China is shooting itself in the foot…

Full article:

China’s Seven-Week Port Quarantine Snarls Supply Chains Further (yahoo.com)

3 Likes

Why china shooting itself ?
It seems to me like they are doing this on purpose…

1 Like

Synopsis is that Reading should be a part of your investing or other pursuits’ framework. Even WB spends his time not only reading, but travelling, meeting people & establishing his network that provided him with ideas & insights.

Very intersting read on balancing reading with other developmnt skills.

9 Likes

I like hence posting.

Presentation by Rajiv of PPFAS. Risk of investing in China (Russia and similar countries). The low PE assigned to those markets is an indication of the risk associated. Some parts of the presentation may surprise you like the ban of foreign investment in many lucrative field and companies like Alibaba etc…

6 Likes

What works in general can be different from what works for you.

1 Like

Fascinating article. Lyn writes “To the extent that an investor chooses to speculate in digital assets other than bitcoins, they should always be able to answer the question “what are the trade-offs?” for one protocol compared to another before they decide to buy. Overall, I conceptualize bitcoins as monetary assets, and smart contract platform tokens as equity securities.”

Current AI models train for single senses, like sight or hearing but not both. Google states that such a model will be able to understand a concept in all the relevant senses together. With Pathways Google can understand text, images and speech together in a single AI model.

1 Like

Speaker: Amit Jeswani, Founder, Stallion Asset

interesting and insightful session; I liked hence sharing it.

Nifty 50 total profit in 2021 is Rs 661315 Cr.
Out of that IT 91 k, Consumer 41 k, Pharma 36 k and private bank 75 k.
He provides good data set of companies in each sector with a profit pool.

Later in the discussion, he gives the rationale for new-age companies like Nykaa and Zomato. His pov is convincing.
In the last question, he gives a rationale for not investing in B to G sectors like power etc.

As per me must-watch session.

18 Likes