Great articles to read on the web

A 2017 documentary on investing in China. Interesting watch. This is the trailer. Search on YouTube of what I’m guessing is an unauthorized copy.

3 Likes

Educative and informative from Saurabh. Thanks.

Liked hence posting.

10 Likes

Insightful analysis on Sigachi Industries by SOIC.

10 Likes

This year’s wealth creation study event. Very insightful discussion on bits cos

7 Likes

Every year I wait for this. But this year I found it to be exceptional the way he explained Bits and Atoms companies and how their valuations needs to be evaluated.

Truly a life long learning machine.

2 Likes
5 Likes

An insightful report on the performance of the recently listed start-ups.

Attached below.

Motilal Oswal 26th Wealth Creation Study 2021.pdf (2.9 MB)

9 Likes

Samir Arora at his usual best. Though the whole interview is worth listening, the 5 minutes patch on “why the auto sector is a bad sector to invest” (starting from around 18:50 minutes) is a must watch for all those who are invested in car / 2-wheeler companies.

https://youtu.be/B5_291C2ibE?t=1132

17 Likes

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-the-gpu-became-the-heart-of-ai-and-machine-learning/

The GPU has evolved from just a graphics chip into a core components of deep learning and machine learning

1 Like

Ray Dalio summarizes his new book “Principles for dealing with changing world order”. Excellent interview.

SPEECHLESS

13 Likes

Nicely Compiled List
Valid Till Our Markets Mature
and there’s no insider trading, no favoritism, institutions have a free and fair play, etcetera…

7 Likes

Page 2 Point 4 - Growth Estimates

Page 6 Annexure - Percentage Change in Main Indicators is interesting

Numbers quantifying the sharp uptake in Cement Steel and IIP numbers (upto Nov’21)

1 Like

Sir,
Thanks for sharing this. It was an interesting read.
Few of the points mentioned are advising us to have a financial advisor and paying for them is a good Idea!
I do believe in the above concept to some extent. I have following concepts needs clarity from you:

1. I believe, long term wealth creation happens from sitting tight, which needs conviction and conviction comes from our-own study and experience. Financial advisors have little role play here.
  2. Even for idea generation, we have several sources to identify new ideas - Financial advisors may not help much here too.
  3. For small retail investors like us with about 20L accumulated capital and which is growing with the help of savings, finding a good financial advisor is not easy and even if we find, we may not be able afford their fees. (As real quality is priced for sure!)

My understanding till date is managing our financial things with few hours of effort on our own is best, rather than looking for financial advisors.

Do guide me how to look forward, thanks in advance for your time.

:pray:

15 Likes

Morgan Housel as usual…

7 Likes

Top notch content as usual from @Worldlywiseinvestors sir.

2 Likes

I found this interesting, hence sharing.
“Ruchir Sharma Discuss Top 10 Trends of 2022” - Covid impact on birth rate & its effect on growth rate - interesting.

8 Likes

It was great reading about the pattern and distribution of Indian listed companies, after analyzing 2800 Companies in INDIA.

Article updated on : 23-Nov-21

Kudos to @drvijaymalik for giving such a good compilation!

An interesting read for me was the realization of " Small cap segment is full of SMEs", I have blindly kept few screeners in microcap category looking to find future Mothersumis, Pedilites & Tanlas. Who where only popping with these SMEs, which were simply draining my Energy and time…

Happy to learn any good insights / suggestions from you!

Happy reading and Happy investing! :+1:

14 Likes

Hi,

I also found Ruchir Sharma’s observations useful though different than most of the financial experts.
We need to be watchful of various financial parameters and trends going forward.

1 Like