Demergers on the radar

1 Like

Financials of eureka forbes . At present nothing exciting…

Source- screener

1 Like

The numbers are not correct. Eureka Forbes revenue will be greater than 2000 crores since before the demerger Eureka Forbes contributed to 75% of Forbes and company limited(FCL) total revenues. I will wait for the next quarter result to get more clarity on margins, profits and debt.

3 Likes

Yes u r right… this is a Big mistake from screener.
Was not expecting this, but error can happen to anyone …
This gives some clarity on revenue. Might b helpful
Or Flag it

6 Likes

When can we do trading in GMR power and urban Infra as they are listed today.

As in starting 10 days, the scrip will be in T2T basis. After this period u will be able to trade in the same.

when is domestic wiring harness business of motherson sumi getting listed ?

2 Likes

Mother sumi wiring harness business is going to list on 28th march 2022 as per bse .

7 Likes

The Mcap of 1000 cr is too less. The company generates a PAT of 350 cr, and at 10 P/E valuation would be 3500 cr. It should be listing at more than 5000 cr in my opinion.

Some brokerages gave price targets which are upwards of 25,000 cr.

5 Likes

Have seen this kind of dumping on demerged companies before in Adani green, aarti surfactants and meghmani finechem - mostly it will be the mutual funds which can’t have companies of smaller mkt cap in their funds. Once their dumping is complete, the price will go up faster. This is just an observation from previous demergers, I could be completely wrong wrt motherson sumi wiring.

5 Likes

Yes, there could be a case like that, and have observed this happening in the option that you have mentioned and many more.

But before that, any way to get proper data of that business and its whole analysis should be done but due to it being a very small entity of mothers and even their own balance sheet is very hard to wrap around how will you value that business as I personally was trying to see in the last 1-2 years earning report and it was way more complex to find the pure data for that business at least for me if possible anyone can tell where we can look and compare this business to see is it an opportunity to buy more or not as business as in macro frame looks good and might deserve a higher pe that its parent company.

If we see it has one of the largest market shares and the only big competition is with spark minda corp and to add with ev having more complex wiring it can grow at a faster rate and also have long term visibility.

Have one of the lowest position sizes in mother and after the demerger, this stock especially is below 1% of my portfolio that is very small and to even in my watching portfolio so if I am not able to get any info will not invest more then that at least for now.
Disc:- Invested and watching

5 Likes

Has anyone done SOTP valuation for Allcargo demerged biz : -

I beleive the warehouse leasing business is the one where lot of unlocking will happen. Still,haven’t studied this completely yet.

4 Likes

Another interesting special sit is IDBI bank disinvestment :-

The way govt. is going about it, seems they are eager to close the deal here, and regulatory leeways provided might fetch them good premium over the 1.3X current market price.

Of course, govt. as a promoter brings with it a lot of uncertainties and delays, so the impact on IRR might make the arbitrage not worthy.

I got sort-of burnt in the other disinvestment play - SCI, so speaking from experience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would like to discuss here the special situation emerging in Simplex Infra, as there is no specific thread on this. It is really surprising to see that thare is very scanty information in media on this game changing development, as it implies change in management control. Apparently Swan Construction is an Australian construction Company. But there is no information on restructuring of debt, which is an albatross on the Company’s shoulder. Any updation on development will be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

A bit late in reporting ( recovering from sm failed arbitrage bets :stuck_out_tongue: )

OCCL has decided to demerge its IS chemical business into separate subsidiary. The source documents are on the company’s thread :-

The existing company will hold stake in 2 chemical cos. - Duncan Engg and new IS company and other investments. The total carried on books is 184 crs.

If anyone tracking\participating, plz share more info regarding the same.

Disclosure:- Not invested

2 Likes

I am not able track whether demerger happened in Rupa & Company, Dhampur sugar mills. Can anyone help me how to track these. Earlier i used to track in investkaro india. it seems they had disabled that link.

1 Like

Investkaroindia special situations traker link: Workbook: Special Situations Dashboard by InvestKaroIndia

8 Likes

see the connection here …I was not aware that AMEERA SHAH of METROPOLIS sits on board of TORRENT PHARMA…This was out of the blue that i pasted the above news in this page

There is good chance that METROPOLIS might bring in TORRENT PHARMA as their investors and gradually release their stake since some whispers were heard that METROPOLIS are in process to cash out.

4 Likes

Kamdhenu demerger record date - 7th sept 2022.
Share holders to get 1 share in paint biz for each share held.
Listing might take 2 to 4 months depending on approvals.
Paint biz is in growing phase, holds good future amid increasing competition.
With thanks

8 Likes