DCX Systems Ltd

So I downloaded the financials of RNSE-Tronics Pvt Ltd from MCA via Tofler. This is the same promoter owned company which supplied components to DCX. Here are my findings.

76% of the shares of this company are owned by the MD.

Margins are not that great. It made a profit of Rs 8.8 Crores on a revenue of Rs 754 crores.

However it does not have any borrowings, meaning payments are made swiftly by DCX.

It has a given a loan of Rs 7.6 crores to the MD pf DCX.

Apart from the loan of 7.6 Cr I do not see any red flag. I fail to understand why the majority of components are sourced from this company.

5 Likes

Low profit margins are not the issue here. Its more about the nearly 13% more profit (even more when buying economies of scale etc are considered) , that the minority shareholders didn’t potentially earn.

The company’s trade receivables would be a better indicator of DCX’s payment timeliness - which appears to quite good in FY23. It also seems to be a trading co since it has just INR 55 lacs in fixed assets - so im not sure if it is adding any value here.

Unless an independent supplier offers worse terms or price, I would be sceptical.

Few points.

1. If it’s a related party transaction then I am assuming transfer pricing rules will apply. Certainly at these volumes.

2. Therefore, RNSE cannot/should not keep huge margins. And this is good too, meaning they are transferring at a basic cost + system to DCX. (Positive)

3. This may be done to either ensure QA/QC of components, and/or to maintain IP/Know-how in-house, or some other similar reason.