Common Man's Portfolio

Hi

Any specific reason for small caps. If it is common man profile I think risk to reward is too high

Regards

Vikas

Based on my experience when a New Peron enters Market he gets attracted to penny stocks in search of making quick money and then he looses a lot. few will continue to make the same mistake and few will learn from it.
While picking stocks one shall be clear about why is he buying the company what is there that attracts him. Once he start filtering that info I am sure he wont loose money if not making profit.
Portfolio is more about the process than stocks.
Yes by High Risk Reward ratio I am Testing My Process and Learnings.

Major Revamp in Portfolio in last 2 Months:

Rajratan Global: Sold Half of Holdings close to 770. Will Reenter if come in between 500-600. long term story is intact.

RACL Geartech: Sold Fully. Debt Increasing with pressure on Margins due to commodity and Shipping will wait and watch for Few Quarters.

Stovekraft: Sold Fully. Margin Pressure and Topline is not going anywhere . will wait and watch. long term story based on Indian Consumption is Intact.

Galaxy Surfactant: Sold Off all Positions. Not Seeing any growth for next 1 year and recent fall has opened gate for few new entrants.

Jubliant Ingrevia: Sold Off Fully, Growth Seems far away for next few quarters at least

Ishan Dye: Sold Fully , Margin Pressure, Will Wait for next few quarters before entering again and understand their business model how can they demand high Margins.

MFL: Sold Fully in Recent Run, Will Reenter later

New Entries

SJS Enterprise : Company is able to grow more than underlying market indirect play for Automotive, Consumer Durables. Company is growing topline at more than 20% and aims to double it’s size in next 3 years.

Intellect Design Arena: Company Posted Good Results. Strong Dollar is positive. Product based IT company so revenue visibility is good for Medium to Longer Term .

Sanrhea Technical Textiles: Microcap, Nothing Special, Financials look good and size of company is very small so there is strong room for growth. “China + 1” #China+1

Bemco Hydraulics: Microcap, Nothing Special, Financials look good and size of company is very small so there is strong room for growth.

1 Like
  1. Rajratan Global(8%)
  2. Credit Access(17%)
  3. Shivalik Bimetal(9%)
  4. Acrysil(6%)
  5. Hester Bio(5%)
  6. Gulshan Polyol(4%)
  7. IEX(5%)
  8. KIMS(3%)
  9. AYM Syntex(2%)
  10. Calcom Vision(2%)
  11. Rajshree Poly(2%)
  12. Optimus(2%)
    13.Gufic Bio(2%)
    14.Dynemic Product(1%)
  13. Gujarat Themis(3%)
  14. MAS (3%)
  15. Intellect(4%)
  16. SJS (3%)
2 Likes

Slightly Disappointed with Hydraulic Segment. Rerailing growth continues and Subsidiary
Bemco FLUIDTECWIK PRIVATE LIMITED turned profitable.

dividend on preferential shares is still a Cash eating Fish

Latest Update on the Portfolio

Exits: Rajratan , DFM Foods, KIMS

Entry: Shivalik rasayan, Best Agro, NEsco

Details Allocation and Size wise

1. Credit Access Grameen (16%)
  2. Shivalik Bimetal (12%)
  3. Hester Bio (8.5%)
  4. Acrysil (7.7%)
  5. Shivalik Rasayan(7.5%)
  6. Gulshan Polyol (3.5%)
  7. MAS Financial(4%)
  8. SJS (4%)
  9. Intellect(4%)
  10. Gujarat Themis(3.5%)
  11. Calcom(3%)
  12. Bemco (2%)
  13. Rajshree Poly(2.5%)
  14. AYM Syn( 1.6%)
  15. Sanrhea Technical(1.5%)
  16. IEX(3.5%)
  17. NESCO (4.5%)
  18. Optimus (2%)
  19. Dynemic (1%)
    20y. Gufic (2%)

Notes From Calcom Vision Annual Report

2 Likes

Can you please share your study on CALCOM please. I can’t find enough material to compare my thesis here

April 2022 onwards

BLDC

From Calcom Vision Chairman speech at AGM

1 Like

Portfolio Update:

Exits: Sold IEX Fully, Nothing bad about company just found better options, Sold Rajshree Poly will re-enter time to time, Sold Intellect Design due to Currency fears and Margins in near future
Entry: Pudumjee Paper Short term bet, Best Agro

1. Credit Access Grameene(16%)
  2. Shivalik Bimetal(14%)
  3. Hester Bio(12%)
  4. Nesco(10%)
  5. Acrysil(6%)
  6. Shivalik Rasayan(6%)
  7. MAS Finacial(4%)
  8. Calcom(4%)
  9. SJS(4%)
  10. Gujarat Themis(6%)
  11. Optiemus(4%)
  12. Gulshan Polyol(4%)
  13. Bemco(2%)
  14. Sanrhea Textile(1.5%)
  15. Pudumjee (2%)
  16. Best Agro(1.5%)
  17. Dynemic(1%)
  18. Gufic(2%)
3 Likes

Hi Ankit,

I went through your key learnings. Can’t say I agree with all of them, but I respect your tenets as they are specific to an individual’s investing style.

In regards to price, at some price - no matter how good the growth story is, the business losses its attractiveness. It then starts to become a game of speculation (where one hopes to find someone willing to pay a higher price). Your thoughts?

Also, I see a lot of movement in the portfolio (entry and exits). May I ask the rationale behind that? Is it momentum based or is it a case where business attributes/thesis has changed? If the later is the case, then why would one invest in a business where its future economics can’t be estimated with fair certainty?

Regards

One and only rationale is growth for pickings and for sacking there are multiple

1. better opportunity
  2. Growth is expected but Management is not able to execute well
  3. Margins/Balance sheet stressed for near future

Most of my pickings are in Microcap and small cap so i have to move in/out a lot but that’s ok as long as i find one good among 5 to take care of overall portfolio. Few pickings are just for value and sector trigger but not for mid/long term

Investing without reasoning is Gambling.
We may not be too good like professionals but still have some thesis.

Gujarat themis

Sell: Sold Gulshan Polyol fully. seems due to Ukraine war cost of grains(Maze) will be at higher end because of same reason Poultry Industry is struggling came to know about it while reading Hester Bio Transcript. Sold Hester as well fully for mentioned reasons. Both are fundamentally good companies will come back and buy once global situation improves.Sold AYM Syntex fully will come back and buy. Sold Best Agro but tracking for more clarity on Business.

Buy: Bought more of Nesco, India Focused Rental Space is 95% occupied ,Exhibition Hall has also started selling slots. Bought DCB Bank on Improving Macros and since they were conservative during Covid they can expand loan book at faster rate and less cost of borrowing. Increased stake in Dynemic Products on good sales in current Quarter, slowly margins will also improve. Entered NDR Auto on Superb results with Maruti Expansion and contract in place Revenue visibility is there for Mid to Long term

1. Nesco (17%)
  2. Credit Access(15%)
  3. Shivalik Bimetal(11%)
  4. Gujarat Themis(8%)
  5. Shivalik Rasayan(6%)
  6. Mas Finance(5%)
  7. Acrysil(5%)
  8. Calcom (6%)
  9. Opteimus(4%)
  10. SJS (4%)
  11. Bemco(3%)
  12. Dynemic(2%)
  13. Pudumjee(3%)
  14. Sanrhea(2%)
  15. Gufic (2%)
  16. NDR Auto(4.5%)
3 Likes

Portfolio Update:
Exit: Sold Pudumjee with loss, Sold SJS with nominal profit, Sold SJS Company is good opportunity market size is limited . Sold Bemco with 60% Profit will track it’s European Auto subsidiary and Rerailing Business now on to enter again
No New Entry
Increased allocation in NDR Auto, Nesco, Calcom, Shivalik Rasayan, Acrysil\Carysil, Dynemic Products

1. Nesco(20%)
  2. Credit Access(15%)
  3. Shivalik Bimetal(15%)
  4. NDR Auto(9%)
  5. Gujarat Themis(8%)
  6. Shivalik Rasayan(6%)
  7. Acrysil (6%)
  8. Calcom(6%)
  9. MAS Finance(5%)
  10. Opteimus(3%)
  11. Dynemic Products(3%)
  12. Sanrhea (2%)
  13. Gufic(2%)

Planning to Buy more of Shivalik Bimetal and Credit Access in Tranches and take allocation to 20% each in these 2

4 Likes

Hi Ankit, any reason for increasing your allocation on Calcom Vision from 2 to 4 to 6%? Any further updates on the company or any insights in general about the sector apart from the ones shared above that you would like to share here which has led to an increase in your conviction on the same?

1 Like

Why did you exit rajratan global?

Based on their future earnings and historical p/e , my target was 800. sold in haste at 770.
could have made some extra quick money had i stayed for 2-3 months more. still regret it.
its really difficult to hold something once it reaches desired target .
funny but it makes me nervous .
Rajratan was my first multibagger. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Ankit
Thanks for your piece of Information on Lancer Containers.
Just had a confusion regarding the sudden Raise of big money for capex , does it make their business viable for short term
Is it right time to enter at this market cap or it’s wait mode.
Thank you so much