Commodity and Cyclical Plays

Add ‘Bodal Chemical’ to that list. I believe this is the second response to some textile company-related stock movements in the past few months. If these are signs of the Industry bottoming out or just market euphoria… is hard to tell. But all Dye & Pigments players are commenting on demand revival in 2H-2024FY.

Dyes and Pigments: Revival Likely in H2FY24 After a Subdued FY23 -

1 Like

The 3 companies ,I’m tracking all do concalls and out of which i feel kiri is the most that can be trusted and have said they will be doing a buyback hopefully by this year.If it happens i will increase my holdings in the dye sector or wait for market to correct again before adding.

New episode…equally insightful.

9 Likes

I am new to cyclical investing.I guess Spinning sector bottom out , huge volume coming and downturn continue in Polyfilms?
Is anyone can correct me , where i am wrong in both the cases?

1 Like

Phthalic Anhydride looks like another sector worth tracking currently. Have done some work on IG Petrochemicals (Market leader). Would appreciate any thoughts.

2 Likes

Balance sheets for most players like Nahar and sportking are strongest in their life. Now we need to wait patiently for next upturn.

1 Like

US /Europe are the major market for many of them. If US/Europe gets into recession or inflation does not come down, demand will be weak. These companies may underperform for longer than expected . Request views of senior members on this .

1 Like

Where can I track the Zinc Oxide price and its historical data? Thanks in advance

1 Like

Tijori Finane: RM section

Cap goods companies have done extremely well in last few years with firing on all cylinders - robust order inflows, strong revenue growth and margin expansion. They have strong order books and now expanding capacities & foraying into new segments, which should help in next leg of growth. At the same time, valuations have become rich due to all rounder performance resulting in significant jump in stock prices.
Extracts from few recent press releases

indsil financials have been bad. but stock price is volatile. is there any reason for this. they also keep mentioning sale of overseas plant… and price moves up and then crashes…