CAMS - Indirect Bet on Financialization?

Can someone do the DCF analysis for CAMS

Cams Valuation.xlsx (77.5 KB)

I have done it recently attaching the same for reference, thanks

8 Likes

Franklin decides to move its in house RTA operations to CAMS.

I believe this is a validation of the value that CAMS provides to AMCs.

8 Likes

The QAAUM for Franklin was 82,441 crores in 2021 March quarter. It decreased to 60,192 crores in 2021 June quarter.

https://www.mutualfundindia.com/mf/aum/details

Their AUM is 71,598 crores as per Value Research.

And out of this 14,702 crores is from debt funds. 56,896 crores is from equity and hybrid funds. Franklinā€™s Flexi cap fund has the highest net assets of 9488 crores which is way below than HDFC balanced advantage fund which has an AUM of 41,796 crores or SBI equity hybrid which has an AUM of 40,924 crores.

The AAUM of CAMS serviced funds grew to 22 lac crores in FY 21 as per CAMS AR. Considering Franklin is not so popular fund house now, the addition of Franklin to CAMS does not bring substantial business, it brings an additional 3% or so, and as CAMS already has the top 5 fund houses as its clients. SBI, HDFC, ICICI, Birla and Kotak, and whose current QAAUM of 18,78,872 crores.

But as CAMS already has 69% market share, the addition of Franklin will take CAMS market share to more than 72% or so, and that is almost monopolistic. Perhaps this could be the reason why CAMS rallied today.

If Axis, Edelweiss, Mirae, Motilal, Navi, Nippon and Quant fund houses grow more than the top 5 fund houses, then Karvy will give stiff competition to CAMS, until then the leading position if not monopoly of CAMS will remain, of course subjected to the swings of the market and retail participation through MFs.

14 Likes

This post relates to CAMS, hence linking it here:

3 Likes

I think it is just a matter of time. In bull market everyone is an expert, here i am talking about small cases tooā€¦ Over a long period performance has to be seenā€¦ Moreover churn is more in smallcase than mfsā€¦

1 Like

Account aggregators with operating licenses from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) include CAMS FinServ, Cookiejar Technologies (Product named Finvu), FinSec AA Solutions Private (OneMoney) and National E-Governance Services Asset Data

Disc - Invested

1 Like
1 Like

Going on a different tangent altogether. I have been going through the audit reports and financial statements. CAMS is paying around Rs. 50 cr. Isnā€™t that a lot to pay an auditor considering the size of CAMS? Big players Britannia and Asian Paints pay about 1.5crs p.a. Even CDSL, which is similar in sector as CAMS pays around 20Cr p.a.
Disc-Tracking position.

3 Likes

Rookie question - What is the reason for such a huge volatility for a midcap size company like Cams without any reasonā€¦ 7% up yday probably justifies their mutual fund central platform announcement and 8% down today is not making any sense to meā€¦

I was also looking for the probable reson. This you tube video released just now explains the reasonā€¦I am not sure though if this could be the reason , but seems logical.

Discl : invested @2500 level.

2 Likes

Also the company has notified BSE that the trading window for designated persons would be closed from 30th sept to 17 th Nov.

(https://www.bseindia.com/Include/images/pdf.png)](https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/be87baa9-68fa-4daf-9a21-e38d1b463e38.pdf) 0.18 MB

Kotak MF currently has CAMS as its RTA. Kotak MF accounts for 10.9% of CAMS overall AUM

2 Likes

This video talks specifically about certain IPO allottees selling their holding since the lock in of 1 year has just got over ( the listing date was 1st October 2020 )
I searched for the relevant notification from SEBI, but couldnā€™t find anything to substantiate this supposed point
Can someone who believes this to be true or otherwise pls point me to the relevant SEBI notification

Thanks, not invested, but keen watcher in this business

1 Like

I was looking at BSE web siteā€¦ today 89,105 nos of shares have been traded out of which 54% are delivery basisā€¦and it could mean that balance 46% are short sellingā€¦

I could not verify if the seller is one of the designated persons of the company (please refer definition of designation person as per SEBI)
And I saw the notification from the company that the trading window is closed for designated persons from 30th sept to 17 th November.

So as per the you tube information, it may be possible that one of the designated person of the company who may be in need of urgent money must have sold some stake after his lock-in period of 1 year since he can not do so for next one and half months as the trading window remains closed.
However, we need to validate this if we are able to trace out fron BSE on transactions details ā€¦who exactly sold !

3 Likes

IIFL exits CAMS yesterday with a solid profit within a year !

CNBC interview with CAMS CEO

5 Likes

Most likely Kotak will continue to raise stake and then push for ipo sometime in future. Kotak Mahindra Bank seems to be a good bet considering almost all their businesses are still unlisted.

3 Likes

I was watching CNBC TV interview with the CEO of CAMs.
What I understand is there is no change in fundamentals of the company.
What I note :
1.there is no corporate governance issue
2. It is just that one investor did a profit booking by bulk selling his holdings which he had bought in IPO. What I gather, this particular investor had started booking profit from 4000 levelā€¦and did the bulk of it on 29 th and some traders started short selling the stock so that they could buy at lower levelā€¦which could happen with any stock.

I think considering the fact that Equity/MF have low penetration level in India Vs USA , stocks like CAMS/ CDSL should do well in the long termā€¦

Discl: Invested in both for the long term ā€¦added yesterday ā€¦and today ā€¦My views may be biased
It is not a advice for investment. Please do your own assessment before investing

6 Likes

Update on Account Aggregator Business:

Can you decode what it meansā€¦i couldnā€™t understand the revenue model in thisā€¦

1 Like