Bharti Airtel - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?

Let me tell you as a consumer my very recent experience with Bharati Airtel.
I had taken Airtel broad band connection @ Rs 999 some 6 months back.
As I wanted to Port a couple of Voda-Idea prepaid Mobile connections to Airtel, I just walked in to an Airtel outlet along with my Aadhar card as ID proof…
As I walked in to the outlet, it was crowded though one Airtel sales man promptly attended me while I was waiting / sitting on a chair.
He was asking me some questions which I was reluctant to answer , but later it turned out to be a money saving proposition.
He asked me if I have a DTH and how much I am paying? Then for the two idea Pre-paid connections how much am I paying? If I have any other Post paid or Pre-paid connection other than Idea in the family ?
In the meantime , I could understand his motive…Then after knowing all details, I found that I am spending Rs 2700 per month the break- up is airtel Broad band Rs999, Tata Sky DTH Rs 750 per month, 600 per month towards 2 idea prepaid connection and Rs 350 towards one Jio post paid connection.

He offered me @1999 in my family account - if I port from Tata sky DTH to Airtel DTH…He offered 3 Airtel Post paid connections ( in lieu of 2 idea and one Jio)… So it was attractive , I am able to save Rs 700 per month …Rs 8400 per annum…and all 3-Mobile connections are postpaid with unlimited data up to 75 GB per month for the family…all numbers ported from Idea/ jio to Airtel as postpaid
Plus 2 TV connections for my home - one X-stream apps for Netflix, Amazon prime, the other HD… So all in all it was really an attractive buy for my family … And by default I get one Landline connection free along with airtel broadband.

The most important point here is that I will have to pay only to one service provider (airtel) for all the services once in a month in stead of current 4 service providers (Airtel, Jio, Idea , Tata Sky). It saves my time and botheration for paying to 4 difference service providers on different dates.

In the process Airtel snatched away business from Tata Sky, Jio , Voda idea …at one stroke…
Though I am a share holder of Reliance, Many Tata Group companies…
I don’t think if Reliance or voda-Idea or Tata sky have such combined offer…voda idea / Reliance is not into DTH and Tata Sky is not into Mobile connections service, though recently Tata Sky has launched broad band.

Update on 23rd Feb : Bought Airtel stock yesterday & today.

14 Likes