Bharti Airtel - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/telecom/bill-and-keep-spells-profits-for-airtel-vodafone-idea-at-jio-expense/story/426651.html
Does this mean it is an advantage for VI and Airtel just for one year ? After that all the interconnection charges are no longer needed ?

1 Like

With the removal of tariffs on off net out going calls, volume of out going calls from Jio will increase. I fail to understand the logic of the writer of the article as Airtel and Vodafone Idea seem to be beneficiaries of IUC as of now. With the free outgoing calls to all networks, Jio once again provides an attractive proposition to customers.

Won’t it be neutral to all the players as all have about 1/3rd subscribers. Earlier they must have been paying equal amount to each other.

IUC charges were slashed from 14 paise to 6 paise from October 2017.It was proposed to be scraped from January 2020.However ,the same was postponed to January 2021 as the incumbents were strongly against scrapping of charges considering the large no of 2g customers they cater to .

As per the Q3 20 results about 20 million call heavy customers have ported out of Jio with the introduction of charges for calls beyond limits. Eventhough this has reduced the no of customers , this reduced the IUC bill paid by Jio to other telecom players and eventually
made them a net IUC earner.

VI on the other hand become a net payer of IUC from the largest IUC earner in the last 1 year. So scrapping of IUC charges will be beneficial for VI

[Airtel tops most network metrics in Aug-Oct: Tutela

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/telecom/telecom-news/airtel-tops-most-network-metrics-in-aug-oct-tutela/articleshow/80153257.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst](https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/telecom/telecom-news/airtel-tops-most-network-metrics-in-aug-oct-tutela/articleshow/80153257.cms)

1 Like

Airtel launches Amazon Prime Video Mobile Edition plans starting at Rs 89

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/telecom-giant-bharti-airtel-divests-stake-in-seynse-technologies-121011500772_1.html

No details are given, whether they made any profit on this sale or not

1 Like
1 Like

5G Launch

November Data :

BHARTI AIRTEL added 43,70, 466 SUBSCRIBERS
RELIANCE JIO added 19,36, 407 SUBSCRIBERS
VODAFONEIDEA lost 28, 94, 231 SUBSCRIBERS

1 Like

Bharti Airtel reports consolidated profit at Rs 853.6 cr Vs a loss of Rs 763.2 cr (QoQ)
Link

2 Likes

In screener, it shows other income of 5299 crore. Do you know what is the source of this other income?

They’re some one off gains like:

1. Re-evaluation of their infra, to arrive at a longer lifespan of some equipment
  2. Some gains related to tax related rebates, etc.
  3. One off income from one of their clients

Overall, I don’t think Airtel has performed up to expectations, and is in fact around 290cr in losses before exceptional items

Is there any update on MSCI?

Wait till Feb 10 3 a.m. (IST)
What do you think, there were rumours of its removal. On the other hand it seems more sensible that MSCI would increase the weightage

CNBC reported that it’s come thru

A separate listing/demerger/stake sale of the Digital business can be a huge re-rating trigger
3 Likes

Any updates on board meeting outcomes??

Airtel to buy back 20% stake in Bharti Telemedia from Warburg Pincus for Rs 3,126 crore

PTI FEB 17, 2021 / 07:29 PM IST

Bharti Airtel on Wednesday said it will acquire 20 percent stake in its DTH arm Bharti Telemedia from an affiliate of Warburg Pincus for about Rs 3,126 crore.

The Warburg Pincus affiliate had acquired 20 percent equity stake in Bharti Telemedia in 2018 after the announcement of the deal in December 2017.

The transaction will be discharged primarily via issuance of about 3.64 crore equity shares of Airtel at a price of Rs 600 per share and up to Rs 1,037.8 crore in cash, Bharti Airtel said in a statement.

Let me tell you as a consumer my very recent experience with Bharati Airtel.
I had taken Airtel broad band connection @ Rs 999 some 6 months back.
As I wanted to Port a couple of Voda-Idea prepaid Mobile connections to Airtel, I just walked in to an Airtel outlet along with my Aadhar card as ID proof…
As I walked in to the outlet, it was crowded though one Airtel sales man promptly attended me while I was waiting / sitting on a chair.
He was asking me some questions which I was reluctant to answer , but later it turned out to be a money saving proposition.
He asked me if I have a DTH and how much I am paying? Then for the two idea Pre-paid connections how much am I paying? If I have any other Post paid or Pre-paid connection other than Idea in the family ?
In the meantime , I could understand his motive…Then after knowing all details, I found that I am spending Rs 2700 per month the break- up is airtel Broad band Rs999, Tata Sky DTH Rs 750 per month, 600 per month towards 2 idea prepaid connection and Rs 350 towards one Jio post paid connection.

He offered me @1999 in my family account - if I port from Tata sky DTH to Airtel DTH…He offered 3 Airtel Post paid connections ( in lieu of 2 idea and one Jio)… So it was attractive , I am able to save Rs 700 per month …Rs 8400 per annum…and all 3-Mobile connections are postpaid with unlimited data up to 75 GB per month for the family…all numbers ported from Idea/ jio to Airtel as postpaid
Plus 2 TV connections for my home - one X-stream apps for Netflix, Amazon prime, the other HD… So all in all it was really an attractive buy for my family … And by default I get one Landline connection free along with airtel broadband.

The most important point here is that I will have to pay only to one service provider (airtel) for all the services once in a month in stead of current 4 service providers (Airtel, Jio, Idea , Tata Sky). It saves my time and botheration for paying to 4 difference service providers on different dates.

In the process Airtel snatched away business from Tata Sky, Jio , Voda idea …at one stroke…
Though I am a share holder of Reliance, Many Tata Group companies…
I don’t think if Reliance or voda-Idea or Tata sky have such combined offer…voda idea / Reliance is not into DTH and Tata Sky is not into Mobile connections service, though recently Tata Sky has launched broad band.

Update on 23rd Feb : Bought Airtel stock yesterday & today.

14 Likes

@akshatverma has built it. It is called One Airtel. One Airtel

1 Like