Bhansali Engineering Polymers - An Import Substitution Story!

It says 11% of the Net Profit calculated in accordance with Section 198 of the Companies Act, 2013. So you will have to check as per that. Google for more details:

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=82196215-35be-4def-8246-372b184234bc#:~:text=Section%20198%20of%20the%20Companies,one%20prescribed%20under%20Accounting%20Standards.

2 Likes

Hi, I was looking how stocks were shifted in hands between DII, FII and retail since the pandemic. I got this general question, What does it mean to have DII and FIIā€™s not invested or having very less holding (<5 percent) in a company over the time. Should this parameter considered for choosing to invest in a company. I understand FII and DII are the real market movers with their volume and their better access to information which helps them to identify good business.

1 Like

The fact that FIIs and DIIs havenā€™t bought shouldnt really be the paramter for not picking a stock. It is a thing to be noted at best. What institutional buyers can invest in is regulated(aka only companies with market cap > 10000 crores etc), particularly FIIs.

Sometimes if its a small business, the company may be discovered much later.

With regards to fund inflow, under public shareholding PMS and HNI could still be investing in it. Eitherways, institutional inflow isnā€™t a absolute necessity for appreciation is stock price.

I donā€™t track Bhansali, just responding with my thoughts in regards to the question.

4 Likes

Hi, Thank you for your response. I havenā€™t really used this as one of the parameter for picking any company. But there are more than 200+ companies of similar or lesser market cap (<2000) with holding more than 10 percent. When a stock is here for 15+ years and the shareholding of FII+DII didnā€™t touch at least 5 percent is definitely a concern for me. Invested a little in late 2020 (New to investing that time, didnā€™t do full analysis and wanted to hold only for short term, but missed to book profit &- exit ) and now at 25 percent loss. studying the fundamentals, happy to hold if it is good.

2 Likes

This is a small cap company. These companies do not generally have high FII and DII holding.

Try to sleep over this stock. With markets going down, it can dip further but fundamentally it is available at good valuations.

Disc: Not invested, these are my personal views and not a recommendation.

Thank you

3 Likes

In case, any of the VP friends are attending the AGM of BEPL, could you please ask them about the loans that they are extending.

1. Who are they exactly lending it to? That too long term.
  2. If those are trade partners, why is it not reported under Accounts receivable? Any accounting gimmick?
  3. if they are pending it to non-trade companies, does it mean they intend to get into lending business like NBFCs? Do we need any licence to carry out such activities and do we hold any of such licences?

Appreciate your support.

Thank you

5 Likes

email dated 28/10/2022 with regard to discrepancies in Financial
Results.

1 Like

What should we make of this recent filing regarding promoter buying? The acquisitions are each in the name of a company where Jayesh B. Bhansali is Director. Iā€™m just asking out of curiosity because there are some 7 different companies here.

Results are very disappointing but ā‚¹15/- dividend and 1 bonus share for every 2 shares announced.

https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/0ee8d74d-2b1d-4abd-85be-0222dd1c15cc.pdf

As per BEPL 38th AGM, 73122500052.pdf (bseindia.com)

Did anyone know where I can find the AGM video/Audio recordings for 2022 Year?

No PPT/transcripts/audio information available for Investors.
Questions:

1. Greenfield expansion is absolute, Brownfield expansion is completed? its not reflecting in Quarterly numbers? probably from next quarter?
  2. Margins are falling.
  3. No value added products.
  4. Who are present customers for BEPL?
  5. Very Undervalued stock with good reserves.
3 Likes

BEPL is diluting the reserves using dividend. No visibility to shareholders about future plans. If the company is not expanding. I think it may not participate in bull run, there is no projection/goals for the future. It is better to exit. Only positive: promoter is buying shares from market.

1 Like

Used to track Bhansali Eng but never found managet that enthusiastic no major capex plan and no proper future guidance.

2 Likes

Bhansaliā€™s results -

The results look decent. For updates on their expansion problems, check out the last 2 pages of the above earnings results document.

This foillows Styrenixā€™s positive results. Supreme Petro (an emerging competitor) has also seen its stock price rise considerably of late.

3 Likes

Second last paragraph:

As capacity expansion is ā€˜Need of the Hourā€™, the Management will endeavour to implement the project within the shortest possible duration of 18 months i.e. by September 2025. In any case, the project will certainly be completed latest by March 2026, with an estimated Capex of Rs.250 crore.

So the earlier target of Dec 2024 for implementation of capex is now shifted to Sep 2025 - March 2026. Is that what it means?

Stock up 15% this week on good volumes. Is this move in anticipation of benefitting from rising trend in increasing collaborations with Japanese innovators?