Bata India

Karthik Aryan is the new brand ambassador

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Bata India:

At current level @1300 Rs and with 200 DMA @1450 and considering recent changes wrt Mr.Sandeep has been elevated as Global CEO ,Are we seeing a good opportunity to build position for long term core portfolio.
Seeking views from the group to understand and specially contarian view why one should not enter

1 Like

icra credit report
https://www.icra.in/Rationale/ShowRationaleReport?Id=93765

Hi have just started researching this company. Wanted to understand what has led to the sharp increase in Gross Block in Balance Sheet for FY20?

Hi,

After elevation of Sandeep kataria as global CEO, Gunjan Shah(earlier chief commercial officer of Britannia) takes over as CEO of Indian Operations. He is an IIM K Alumnus and has worked with various big firms like Asian Paints and Motorola earlier.

Management rejig indicates Indian operations will have more weightage in future for BATA. In terms of Revenue wise Bata India is highest among their 70 markets where they operate. Now it needs to be seen how it overcomes challenges from competitors likes of Relaxo after the pandemic subsides.

Thanks,
Deb

Hi,

Pandemic Effect.

Thanks,
Deb

1 Like
2 Likes

Today went to Bata store.
As per salesman they have recently launched sports shoes, which looked quite good. As per salesman these were selling at quite good pace.
By looks you can compare them with some top brands.
Higher end range was around Rs 5000-/

IMG_20210927_182813|236x500

Disclosure: Not Invested

6 Likes
  • Operating income CAGR upto FY20 is around 9% p.a.

• As per the Management, Due to the Pandemic the operations and consequential financial performance of the Company during the financial year 2020-21 have been adversely impacted. Consequent to that, the Company had during the financial year 2020-21 incurred losses.

• On the other hand, Bata India has a healthy Liquidity position.

• Company’s PBIDT Margin has shown a regular growth till 2020, In the year 2021, Bata’s PBIDT margin got affected due to nationwide lockdown.

• On the other hand, Company’s PAT Margin is stable over the years except in 2021.

• Moreover, Bata’s ROE remains stable and ROCE has improved.

1 Like

Just sharing a personal experience, recently I’ve made purchase from couple of Bata showrooms in Chennai and I can tell the prices of the items have been increased a lot and the feel and quality looks promising at the very first look which makes you buy it, however after wearing it for some time I started getting second thoughts on my purchase decision especially when I take into account the prices I paid!

5 Likes
1 Like

Hello friends,
I was studying the technical charts of BATA India yesterday and I found that it has formed a Double Bottom chart pattern on the weekly time frame. However, it is still not the right time to enter the stock, since the downward fall needs to stop and the stock needs to show signs of consolidation and a slight upmove. This would be proven, if it closes on a weekly timeframe above Rs. 1420 and it will become ripe for a 6-8month timeframe. My first target for the stock in that case would be Rs. 1771 and my ultimate target is Rs. 1973, from where it started manifesting the double bottom.

Disclaimer - I am not a SEBI registered analyst. Pls do your own analysis before you take your investing decision