Bajaj Finance Limited

I can think of these negative points about the business:

1. Though Bajaj Fin had invested in Big Data & Analytics to process retail loans in 5 mins, but for future growth, they need to acquire new customers. Previously most new customer acquisition was via offline mode(Vijay Sales/Chroma). Lot of competition is there in online mode. Big Players like amazon, paytm & Flipkart are also giving 0% EMI in online mode.

2. The new online market place called Bajaj Finserv Market. I can’t think of any moat as why a customer will shop from there instead of Amazon/Flipkart.

6 Likes

Qrtly update…good AUM growth.

Rgds
RR

6 Likes

they have also become very aggressive in offering health care loans. for instance, their executives have been chasing patients in maternity homes for the past few years.

4 Likes
1 Like

Q3 Result

1 Like

3 Likes

I was just browsing the play store to see how Bajaj Finserv Wallet app is faring. Most of the recent customer ratings have been very critical of the app. Overall customer satisfaction at this stage seems to be low. Hopefully, Bajaj can wriggle out of this mess soon!

1 Like

In the Earnings concall, RJain mentioned that creation of superapp is a myth.

Its a work in progress, various apis matures through the stages and overtime with all the inputs matures into a superapp.

I think he also mentioned that next 18 months will be a warming up period.

UX see incremental improvements over time.

2 Likes
2 Likes

BFAL Q3 CONCALL WITH MY Notes
downloadfile.pdf.PDF (6.3 MB)

3 Likes

Nice update on SuperApp:

disc : Invested

1 Like
1 Like

Q4FY’22 Quarterly Results

Conference Call Audio

Investor Presentation

Concall Transcript
https://cms-assets.bajajfinserv.in/is/content/bajajfinance/bajaj-finance-q4-conference-call-transcriptpdf-3?scl=1&fmt=pdf

Financials

3 Likes

Results look exceptionally well and market didn’t like it and gave a 7% cut? was the market expecting that for the time being its the peak profits they can do?

Probably because their NIM decline QoQ (from 13.24 to 12.29%) and also their write-offs were at 5000+ crores over the last 6 quarters.

2 Likes

An update from MOS: -
Motilal_Oswal_Bajaj_Finance_Q4Y22_Result_Update.pdf (783.9 KB)

Q1 FY23 Results

ConCall Recording

Presentation

Financials

8 Likes

4 Likes