Angel One: Metamorphosis into a Fintech? (Previously Angel Broking)

I am new to the term Client funding book. Can you please explain what this means and in the context of the NPA?

Much thanks

Basically, Angel One offers Margin Trading facilities to clients. Clients pledge their shares with Angel One. Angel one offers them money for margin trading in return and charges an interest on the same

Since they have the pledged shares of the client as collateral, the chances of having NPAs are slim

So then are we saying that the client funding book is the value of the shares pledged by the clients who do margin trading ? That figure is 1777 crores ?

It would be the amount of loans disbursed against those pledged shares ie @ 1777 cr

5 Likes

Thank you so much. Was struggling to get my head around it.

https://www.wsj.com/finance/stocks/eighty-percent-of-the-worlds-stock-options-arent-traded-where-you-think-35a46ddc

Quite staggering numbers really. While good for exchanges and brokers, the trend might be worrisome for regulators.

Disc : Invested

2 Likes

Possible to share a .pdf?

how do you see angel one’s valuation now ?
inspite of raising QIP they could have stopped dividend and raised money for own.

next Q1 will be bad has market digested it already ?

3 Likes

Couldn’t export as PDF. Same content sourced from another website.

2 Likes

While this is good for the short term, if the trading volumes go down (which it will) this might impact the profitability of Angel One.

That’s why they foraying into the wealth managment with a strong team so that can be balanced with a new vertical and also capitalising on the cash market numbers getting strong and investors thinking of preserving wealth that they have mad in last 5 years through either derivatives or speculative investing

2 Likes

Angel One Wealth has incorporated a wholly-owned subsidiary, Angel One Investment Services Pvt Ltd, on May 30th, to carry out the business of providing distribution and referral of all financial products such PMS, AIF, insurance and others. It will also advise on investments, and provide financial and investment advisory and management services, conduct analysis, assessment and research and manage investments, assets and funds.

Technically, it may form a base around it’s previous high (now strong support apparently) around 2000.

1 Like

“Any unchecked explosion in retail trading of futures and options (F&O) can create future challenges, not just for the markets, but for the investor sentiments and also for household finances,” Sitharaman said. “Household finances have made a generational shift. We want to safeguard that and ensure that it is not going to be shattered,”

^ Nirmala Sitharaman

https://indianexpress.com/article/business/fm-nirmala-sitharaman-unchecked-explosion-in-retail-fo-trading-a-challenge-9329209/

Very scary, i had exited from Angelone because I don’t want a delta corp like hit on my pf

disc: personal view, not an advice of any sort.

Being sarcastic here. Why don’t we see the same comments for ciggerate companies?

Anyways…

Disclaimer: Not invested

Well according to my technical analysis, it should break its ATH pretty soon.
Disc - invested

1 Like

Could you explain which chart pattern is this

@Prashant_Karandikar Triangle pattern. Investopedia Link
But this is also forming lower lows. So we need to make sure the qtrly nos. are good/ there’s some trigger and confirmed breakout.

Don’t this AngelOne will go down Delta Corp way. The government is paying attention to the stock market, almost every top minister said before elections about the growth of markets in India. The government will not take any extreme actions.
Yes, overexposure to FnO is a problem but we need such platforms to increase the penetration of markets in India.

1 Like

@Nimit, Your fear has come true.

3 Likes