VP CHINTAN BAITHAK GOA 2017: Experience Sharing

Hi folks

Find attached the presentation i made on my investment journey at the recent VP Annual meet

My biggest learning which i realised as the meet progressed was there is no single way to invest. There were so many investment styles on display and so many different temperaments. However my aha moment came on the first day itself when Mr Vinay Parikh remarked “you need to have a framework & a structure around what you know and follow it in letter & spirit”. It was a simple statement but resonated with me.

Another statement made by @aveekmitra - was let investing not be the only thing driving your life and have many more things to do. That was also inspiring from a senior practitioner like himself.

The amount of deep diving done by @desaidhwanil is something all of us should aspire for. His presentation on the checklist he follows was an eye opener

The irrepressible @hitesh2710 & @manish962 follow their own styles that one can only marvel. Their understanding of techno funda is right up there.

@tirumal - with his humorous quips but very useful advice kept the sessions lively. In one of my discussions with him he remarked - invest where you have an edge. What do you know about the business that others dont know? These are the little insights that take you ahead

@ayushmit - His presentation on incremental learnings was superb. One key takeaway was what makes the business special & unique. I think ayushbhai thinks more like a businessman than an investor. That is the mental switch one needs make. Many thanks to ayushbhai for driving that point powerfully. Much respect for @pratyushmittal for his incredible tool screener.in & his presentation on algorithms to live by.

I will stop now waxing eloquent about the meet & post my notes so that everyone can benefit.

Do let me know your thoughts/views/criticisms on the presentation

Best
Bheeshma

47 Likes