Vivek Gautam Portfolio

Vivek Bhai can u pl share latest pick in last 3 months with your analysis for them. Will help lots of new friends
Thanks in advance
Regards

Recent purchases more then 3 months back has been Manapuram,Equitas,Ujjivan. Others more recent were Mosl,Edelweiss,Pel,REC.DBL These have been adequately discussed in VP itself

Disclaimer:
I am not a SEBI registered research analyst. The above portfolio is not a buy or sell recommendation. Please do your own due diligence before taking an investment decision. I may sell, switch, or further buy any of the stocks mentioned above on my discretion.

2 Likes

@Vivek_6954: Hi Vivek, since you have aggressively applied for IPO’s in the past was curious to know your views on the ICICI prud life insuarnce IPO coming up. I am also trying to do some scuttlebutt on ground by talking to a few insurance agents. However I read some very bad results on mouthshut

Pl dont rely much on these online feedback sites like Mouthshut as there mostly aggrieved parties post.

Investing in IPOs is comparatively easy. You apply on last day as late as possible n here applying through physical forms help. If QIB n HNI response is great and grey mkt premium remains strong you apply otherwise skip.

Coming to Icici Pru it’s a strong co with so far being the largest pvt player. Value migration can happen from LIC to these pvt players over a period of time. On EV value wise Icici Pru seems cheaper then HDFCMax Life. Huge wealth has been created by investors in insurance sector worldwide so interest will be huge specially in FII n instt category. India has a very young population n insurance penetration is v low so opp size is huge. Hence cagr is expected to be good. Co is already into profit and in future expected to increase only as op leverage might come into play.this could be a potential Nifty constituent stock and a core portfolio stock

Wait for Anchor investors list n price at which they will apply on 16 Sep. if they apply at 310 range one can blindly apply . Issue is large so chances of allotment would also be good

8 Likes

Some real good quality Anchor investors in Icici prudential IPO @334.
The anchor investors are believed to have included,MS, Government Of Singapore, Nomura, Monetary Authority Of Singapore, National Pension Service Managed By Oaktree Capital Management LP, The Boeing Company Employee Retirement Plans Master Trust, Russell Emerging Markets Funds, Oaktree Emerging Markets, Pggm World Equity Ii BV and National Westminster Bank Plc as trustee of the Jupiter India Fund.

The investors also included Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Copthall Mauritius Investment Limited, Integrated Core Strategies Asia Pte Ltd, as also DSP Blackrock, Chennai 2007, GMO Funds, HDFC Standard Life Insurance, Rochdale Emerging Markets, Legg Mason Western Asset Asian Enterprise Trust, Wasatch Global Opportunities Fund, as also various mutual fund schemes of Tata MF, Reliance MF, UTI MF, SBI MF, Birla Sunlife, L&T MF, IDFC MF, Kotak Mahindra MF, Sundaram Mutual Fund and Edelweiss Mutual Fund.

2 Likes

A slightly old but still useful article featuring self and other value investors

5 Likes

Link did not open for me.

Anchor investors can exit after 30 days of listing. I think it is not good idea to think/assume the issue/valuation is good based on anchor investors

1 Like

Hi Vivek,
The link is not opening up. Request to pl resend.

4 out of the 8 investors covered, had Kaveri Seeds among their big winners - I hope you and others exited long time back otherwise it’s probably made a big dent in the overall portfolio returns.

Yes Gurjot close monitoring and switching is also very imp.

Though I was late in converting Kaveri@ 450 but luckily converted it into Satin@200 odd nearly1 year back.Similarly PFS@48–55 got converted into Garware Wall @190-200 odd in April May 15. Still invested in both these stocks,

5 Likes

Great Vivekt ji…please keep updating so newbies like us can learn…wish you the very best, very inspirational.

Santosh pls use this http://m.economictimes.com/markets/stocks/news/heres-how-you-can-make-big-money-from-small-stock-investments/articleshow/45393570.cms

1 Like

just curious, if I may ask about CAGR here.

Dunno abt my CAGR but X in Nov 12 is now 6X,

1 Like

Vivekji was most of it in the modi rally? How much was it in 2015 and 16?

I was wondering if the best time to make money is over :frowning:

That may have helped but also the strategy of reducing large no of stocks may have helped.

Reducing large caps where cagr would have been poor like Icici bank,BOB,ONGC,OIL,GAIL, and converting them into high quality smallcaps with big opp size like Astral,Avanti,repco etc would have helped.

We need to stay focused on ind stocks with good promoters sector ROCE and opp size.

3 Likes

I applied in Icici Prudential IPO as discussed earlier in shareholder category.

Has anybody else also applied?

I waited to see over subscription then applied

I have applied for this…My thinking is that it should get ample interest among investors as it is a new sector. Risk seems to be valuation being on higher side considering the YtY growth and the bigger contribution in premium coming from ULIPs but then we have seen quality businesses sustaining high valuations specially in non-cyclical industries. Will keenly watch market response post listing.

1 Like