Vivek Gautam Portfolio

Indiamart 2225, Affle 1245 touched today

kaun kehta h ki IPOs me paisa nahi banta h even if u buy on listing

watch Spandana also

3 Likes

I have started a thread on both. Please have a look and put forward your views on both there.

So Guys whats the view o IRCTC listing today?

what price one will be comfortable buying ? any earning estimate for fy 20 n 21?

Superb listing at irctc.Besides allotment in ipo in hni n retail category I bought some preopen at 626 n some more on listing with 3 year pov.valns still seem good as ipo was priced fairly

1 Like

dude grey market is very much legal. anyway you asked and I mentioned it as I had read about the same in the morning.

not invested in IRCTC and not interested. dont buy PSUs.

never say never, keep open mind. Next 3 years PSU may outperform your so called quality.

1 Like

big mistake.study irctc thoroughly n go thru ramesh damani n RJ interviews.

its an asset light b2c good cagr good roce platform based model as told earlier in thread.

how did you come to the conclusion that I invest in quality. Do you means PSUs are not quality :smiley:

3 Likes

I have nothing against the company. But then again everyone has only so much money, their own investment style. You dont need to own all the winners. Anyway on an average I never own more than 10 to 15 stocks.

3 Likes

I converted few of laggards into irctc today aka cutting weeds n watering flowers. LAS useful in it for immediate buying with switching in illiquid counters over time .already got 20% profit on paper.

2 Likes

Sir It was regarding your quote ā€œdonā€™t buy PSU remarksā€
anyway there is no personal remarks.

How can IRCTC grow at 25% plus cagr from here on? The moment this monopoly ends by any change of rule from government, the flower will lose all nectar. So far so good and a great IPO choice.

How you managed to get allotment in case of heavy over subscription?

We didnā€™t get any under Retail quota

1 Like

for retail, its just a luck. i applied in through 3 demat accounts(3 different PAN to be clear ) and got alloted in 1. (1 lot)
What i want to know from Vivek is about applying through HNI quote(more than 2 lks). whats the surety of getting and is it equally divided ?
Say HNI quota is oversub 50 times, and you apply for 50 lot, you will get 1 lot ā€¦

Could you tell the definition of High networth Individual? On what basis one is considered an HNI?.

as per my knowledge, whoever applies for shares more than 2 lakhs rupees, is considered HNI.
In HDFC, when i apply fr IPO,i get a option to apply under either retail cateory/or as HNI.

One can use ones own savings or LAS or get ipo financing done from Bajaj Finance or some other nbfc.

IPO financing which though is risky at times if ones bet goes wrong then loss can also be big.

also be ready for IT scrutiny in case of HNI applications

1 Like

IRCTC ATH touches 789 .gave good buying opp to add more on listing day at 626 in preopen. what wud have been the mktcap for a monoply platform based internet sit having maximum hits in whole of SE Asia with Roce of 30% cagr expected to get a boost due to ecatering rail neer increasing e ticketing?

also bought manapuram today due to favourable tailwinds for gold loans like gold prices increasing,banks extending loans at lower rate of intt to gold loan cos ,upgraded rating of mana,doorstep n online gold loan facility plus other verticals also showing good growth.

5 Likes

good call on affle.how big is the patents filed today by affle in singapore n US ?

The description is generic so difficult to make a call and I am not an IT guy. Based on my own experience regarding filing patent, these patents appear to be defensive in nature. You donā€™t want to get caught using someone else tech and it is like erecting a pole in your long growth journey. I think they are trying to expand into vernacular ads which is a big market in the future and the competition would be less. Indian mobile ad market is unique in that sense.

This is borderline over communication. They are meeting every other guy and now this release on patent filing which is not as important to disclose it to the exchanges, IMO. the management need to be discrete and focus on work as the competition is high in this segment.

3 Likes