Vivek Gautam Portfolio

@Vivek_6954, any good stocks in this meltdown?

I like Indiamart Shivalik Bimetal Gruh Icici bank Manappuram

Is Indiamart a Alibaba of India(domestic) ? are there any competitors?
Any thread that discusses it?

Indiamart is the biggest B2b e commerce portal in india growing at good rate.run nby an ethical first gen technocrat owner entrepreneur with good execution track record it meets my criteria. Its moat is network effect and huge range of products ,

Also hv a look at the quality of PE n Anchor investors like Westbridge Steadview Intel Quonsa Malabar India Saif Capital Hornbill Syebra KIA n host of MFs.

If an investor does some research for a few hours, he can find how good (or bad) the promoter is. Clue: follow the IPO and money. One has to be very careful when giving character certificate to a promoter.

1 Like

Promoter trackrecord is there for 23 years.

One needs to do some scuttlebutt too before coming to some conclusion

2 Likes

Thanks gautam, just thinking what stops an amazon or Flipkart doing similar for b2b on a sister platform or are these companies not interested in b2b at all…and if that’s the case …then why…

2 Likes

It is not… Alibaba is a massive conglomerate, they have multiple businesses from payments (alipay) , b2c market places (Tao back and AliExpress), logistics (that name is confusing for me, but I guess it’s called canyon), investments, and then Alibaba itself which is similar to Indiamart.

1 Like

Anyone tracking Affle ipo listing tomorrow?

Promoter quality seems good but sector not much clarity. Tks to acquisitions consolidated EPS for fy 19 jumps to 20 from standalone 6. ROCE 67% zero debt and 35-40% growth rate. Marquee pre ipo n anchor investors.opp size seems good in mobile ad tech space.any moat?

Views invited.

1 Like

Bought some Affle today besides getting some in ipo in hni category.

A good interview of MD Anuj khanna ON BLOOMBERG N ETNOW to give a good idea about the company sector n promoter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Qdygc2I0o.

1 Like

ONE MORE ON BTVI

https://twitter.com/search?q=BTVI%20AFFLE&src=typed_query

1 Like

If I am not wrong, the max part of this ipo is OFS…right? Isnt it a red flag? The existing investors kind of knew that the scaling up could be risky or they are seeing threats in competition?
Just a novice view. Your thoughts plz.
Disc: not invested

Ofs is from holding co Affle Holding due to min ipo size required by sebi.None of pre ipo investor is exiting.

1 Like

Hi Vivek

Wanted to know if Malabar still holds Affle. They were invested pre IPO.

Pardon my ignorance I have yet to read the DRHP actually.

Thanks & rgds
Deepak

yes.yesterday they bought more alongwith reliance MF n KIA (kuwait) but sector needs to be dig further.

1 Like

Sumeet Nagar of Malabar Investments spoke about their investment in Affle last year.

Watch from 4:20 - https://youtu.be/MteBpLKJlNA?t=262

They also added more on the listing day - https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachHis/D1B1F1FD_3CC3_4510_BFB5_6619EE224B70_172155.pdf

for TCS these arguements turned out to be quite valid.TCS one of the best wealth creator ever since its IPO in 2004 @ 106. now 2270. superb wealth creation irrespective of misgiving on largecaps…

Affle’s peer in US i.e. Trade Desk has huge returns post listing, a multibagger to be precise, and this news could answer some of the concerns folks have regarding Google eating its pie.

Still we need to be watchful of the emerging competition. Vivek, how much do you allocate here? We should have a separate thread for the stock.

Disc: Invested with 7% allocation.

3 Likes

After excellent returns provided by Indiamart and Affle wud be applying in IRCTC IPO closing today. IPOS like Dmart HDFC life,sbi life HDFC AMC ,Polycab,Neogen ,Metropolis have been providing great returns in worst of recent bearish time.

IRCTC is an unique co with great cashflows ,ROCE,conveyance charges restored which may lead to big increase in EPS in fy 21, good div yield a monopoly business with lot of optionalites thrown in like catering, Rail Neer, profit sharing with on board tiffin providers etc .

May buy more on listing depending upon price.

2 Likes

start small and increase allocation gradually as the co executes.

2 Likes