ValuePickr - Chintan Baithak 2019

It was the first time I got to attend the VP Chintan baithak. It was one the best learning experience in my investing career. Got the chance to meet in person, great investing minds whom I have been following on VP for years. Learnt a lot from them about their investing journey and their investment process. What really amazed me was their humbleness and their will to share their knowledge, experience and ideas. Different people from different fields with such diverse backgrounds made past 4 days a learning marathon. Really thankful to all the organisers.

Few of my key learnings from the baithak.

• Do as much Scuttlebutt as you can. Meet the management. Attend AGMs. Talk to people in industry. Talk to people in the supply chain of the company.
  • Try to answer WHY? Why are the numbers growing? Why is the company at discount?
  • Look for Niche in the company. That one special thing which separates it from the competition. One insight which the market doesn’t know. It helps in increasing conviction.
  • Lear some basic Technical Analysis tools. It helps in getting the entry and exit points right and also when to keep on holding.
  • Share as much as you can. Sharing is Caring.
  • Travel and meet people. Nothing beats it. No amount of financial data reading can help you as much as meeting people of the industry does.

I am attaching my presentation on Parag Milk Foods. Parag Milk Foods Limited.pdf (390.6 KB)

Thanks & Regards
Harshit Goel

26 Likes