Valiant Organics - High ROCE, debt free

Any reason for such a sudden massive rally?

1 Like

sino-US trade war has given massive tailwinds to chemical sector, valiant is in position to exploit this as 50%+ is export oriented.

Do you reckon the same is the reason for the rally in NGL Fine Chem?

What will be the total Capex planned now with merged entity ? Stock ran up not just bcoz of trade war etc, These are speculative guess.

1 Like

Yeah i think it’s speculative too. Once the mood turns, it’ll go back to it’s usual range.

That exactly my thinking too… nevertheless growth plans look good. I will reenter once it cools down

I don’t think its all just speculative. Organic Chemicals exports are on a tear with latest quarter showing 84% growth.

http://phreakonomics.in/export-import/micro?type=exports&country[0]=0&commodity=132&startDate=2000-04-01&endDate=2018-08-01&currency=inr&consolidation=month

Most recent month in fact has had 96% growth driven by more than double volumes. This looks to be the start of a real mega trend with or without trade war.

Looking forward to the half-yearly numbers in Oct.

3 Likes

Capacity has to be ready to sell more, They were already running at full capacity. The capex happening at moderate peace, they never planned to expand capacity 5x in a year.

EC received for enhancing the mfg capacity from 400 MT to 1800 MT. Confident of achieving 30 to 35% more production for FY 19

http://www.valiantorganics.com/Annual_Report_2017-2018.pdf

1 Like

Very good news for VOL

1 Like

Valiant RM is phenol. In this case firming up of RM cost would squeeze its margins. Can u pls throw some light on this aspect?

1 Like

I had speculated on the possible synergies of Amarjyot acquisition in this post. Today I stumbled upon another company in this space named Chirag Organics. I was checking products on their website and found everything from Chloro Benzenes, Chloro Phenols, 3,4 DCNB, OCPNA listed in their products - This is essentially Valiant’s RMs and end products as well as Amarjyot’s RMs and end-products.

So this acquisition has precedence and synergies and also seems to validate my organic chemistry speculation. This means a significant backwards and forwards integration as well as common RM (Benzene) which would mean good bargaining power and better logistics and integration.

Disc: Invested

7 Likes

If we tally RM graphs with VOL then we can observe that VOL passes on RM cost increases. The scenario is that RM is rising because of demand for VOL products aswell, from what I believe VOL like other high value manufacturers works on spread basis and not fixed cost basis. So it’s safe to believe costs are being passed on with VOL’s spread aswell. You would be correct in the case if RM was high in demand but VOL’s products were not. Here both are in short supply.

1 Like

Since Amarjot had a pat of Rs 13 cr in FY2017 and assuming a 20% growth each year of FY2018 and FY2019, PAT assumed at Rs 18.7 cr for FY2019.

Valiant had a PAT of Rs 16 cr in FY2018. Assuming a growth of 30%, PAT assumed for FY2019 is Rs 20.8 cr.

Total PAT for Amarjot and Valiant will be Rs 39.5 cr in FY2019.

Post merger of Amarjot with Valiant, the equity will expand to 1.398 crore equity shares. Thus based on existing market price of Valiant of Rs 1142/share, market cap will be Rs 1596 cr.

Thus, post merger of Amarjot, is Valiant trading at 40.4x forward PE FY2019.

Am I going wrong somewhere? Have assumed optimistic PAT growth numbers.

anyone attended Valiant presentation at SME stars event held at BSE ?
If somebody attended, can they share the notes if possible.
presentation is not on their website.

Attached is the presentation at sme stars event

Valiant Organics Ltd.pdf (1.7 MB)

3 Likes

You can read the whole article here - Amarjyot-Valiant Organics: Consolidation to Grow

2 Likes

Results declared. Truly superb performance.

Numbers look good. Abhilasha Texchem numbers are included for H1 FY17 so the numbers are comparable.

41%20PM

1 Like

I have gone through all the posts here. Thank you for such in-depth analysis by all contributors.

How much capacity expansion have come online during this 6 months? Do we have any information on this front? How is the company in communicating with investors?

When is this company moving from SME platform to normal trading platform? I think its three years after IPO right?

It seems rising prices of phenol has not impacted the bottom line of the company. Superb numbers posted by the company suggests that its ability to pass the effect of rising in raw material to its customers.

Thanks in advance