Thomas Cook India

Any idea by when Quess shares will be credited in Demat account??

“Thomascook India has acquired the rights to the Brand, “Thomascook “ in perpetuity in India/Sri Lanka/ Mauritius.A historical day for us since we were sold 7 years ago and we have now purchased the Brand“

Thomas Cook (India) Ltd., Signed an agreement with AlixPartners, Thomas Cook
UK’s appointed Special Managers, to acquire the rights to the Thomas Cook brand in India, Sri Lanka and
Mauritius for a one-time payment of GBP 1.5 Million (approximately Rs. 139 Million).
TCIL was previously contracted to pay an annual brand licence fee of Rs. 20 Million to TCUK until 2024 for
usage of the brand.
Thomas Cook (India) Limited has operated the Thomas Cook brand name uninterrupted in India since 1881.
In 2012 when TCIL was acquired by Fairfax Financial Holdings of Canada, TCIL had entered into a Brand
Licence Agreement with Thomas Cook Group UK for exclusive use of the brand name until 2024 across India,
Sri Lanka and Mauritius. The brand license agreement also gave TCIL the right of first refusal to acquire the
brand in the event of the Thomas Cook UK Group going into liquidation before 2024.

The Thomas Cook India Group continues to remain financially strong with cash and bank deposits balances
of Rs. 10,883 Mn. as of September 30, 2019. On a standalone basis Thomas Cook India is debt free. The
Group generates an average annual free cash flow of around Rs. 2,000 Mn.

2 Likes

Any one has got the valuation report to get the cost split ? Now that the demerger record is on 5th Dec.

What is valuation assessment of Thomas Cook and Quess corp after discovery of new price due to de-merger ? Request to share your views on valuation and future expectations on this.

3 Likes

https://www.freepressjournal.in/business/thomas-cook-india-is-the-noise-hiding-an-undervalued-gem

1 Like

Any one received shares of Quess?

i have not received , when are we supposed to get them to account.

1 Like

They were credited in demat account on 6th. Do check with your broker

I also haven’t received it yet.
Spoke to broker (sharekhan) and they say they have no idea and suggested me ask company share registrar.

2 Likes

Thomas Cook Q2 Results!

Disc: Invested

I had called up TSR Darshaw, the share transfer agents for Thomas cook to enquire about the credit of quess corp shares.
I got a standard reply - It is under process.
On asking when should i expect the shares to be credited - Sir, We dont know.

2 Likes

Can i know, how to calculate the cost of acquisition of the original thomas cook share given that it is demerged now… also how to calculate the cost of acquisition of the new Quess stock which will be allocated to us?

1 Like

They are yet to provide the cost of acquisition document. When I called them they said its confidential and the investors will get it post Quess allocation. Waiting for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like you got a canned response. The record date is already gone and nobody can time travel. They should have announced the cost of acquisition after record date.

2 Likes

I got msg from nsdl for Quess shares credit. Surprisingly, the second account linked with CDSL has no credit yet.

The Quess Corp shares are reflecting in demat account but showing up as awaiting NSDL approval when transacting them. Any idea how much time will it take for approval?