NOTES FORM AR2016
• No of distributors have gone up from 2469 to 2699
• Value added product share has gone up from 34.2% to 36.73%
• Current average monthly borrowing is 401 cr. SIL expects to reduce it to 300 cr in FY17
• Supreme Industries Sharjah is exporting products to 15 countries - GCC, Africa, Australia, UK, Germany & Indian sub-continent. It has made inroads into Maldives and re-entered Saudi Arabia. It has also penetrated Solvent Cement market in Australia
• Statutory auditors M/s Choggmal & co have stepped down and has been replaced by M/s Lodha & Co.
• Polymer consumption has increased by 14% in volume terms which is double of GDP, something which did not happen in the last decade.
PLASTIC PIPING SYSTEMS
• New plant at Kharagpur has started production. Full capacity to be scaled up by June 2016.
• Further expansion of pipe manufacturing is expected at Kharagpur plant
• cPVC volume growth was 23.7%; cPVC manufacturing has stabilized at Kharagpur
• Roto moulding plant is being commissioned at Kharagpur, to start by April end.
• HDPE piping systems gorwth was at 24.09%
• SIL has launched a variety of septic tanks in technology tie-up with a South African company. Many other varieties are expected to be launched for underground water storage
• SIL has produced multilayer foam pipe of 200 mm diameter, BIS certification in process
• SIL has developed a cheap & economic model of manhole cover
• In process to setup a PVC plant at Jalgaon to produce 20,000 tons at full capacity and is expected to go on stream by Mar 2017
• Submersible pipes are getting good traction. Monthly sales are expected to rise to 750 tons in FY17 from 270 tons.
• Maharashtra Fire Department has issued a directive that makes installments of fire sprinklers mandatory in every room for residential building above 45 m and in common areas for buildings between 25m to 45m. SIL has tied up with FlameGuard of USA to manufacture and sell these sprinkler systems. SIL is planning to sell the same product in Sri Lanka as well.
• The portfolio of bath fittings has reached 90 items. Chrome fittings are likely to be launched this year
• SIL has introduced 8 new models this year and plans to add 7 new models this year.
• SIL is looking to expand into export market with their new line of furniture
• New plant being put up at Kharagpur; to start in the Q1 of FY17
• Increased distribution channel partners to 746 and have started selling online as well; partnering with flipkart, amazon, snapdeal, pepperfry etc
• SIL started manufacturing complete coolers for one company. Expects good growth in this segment.
• BOSCH, a new customer, has setup a large manufacturing plant for home appliances. SIL expects good orders from them.
• Working closely with Honda cars on multiple models
• New facility setup and started in Malanpur (M.P) for roto moulded products
• Two new plants being setup - at Kharagpur and Kanpur; to be operational in April/June 2016
• A specialty product - high gloss film has been successfully developed
• The PPD plant at Kharagpur is now fully operational and is expected to generate a revenue of Rs 50cr
• Received initial educational order from HPCL for 5 & 10 kg cylinders; dispatches expected in April 2016
• SIL received orders for 7.5 & 15 kg cylinders as well
• FY17 may be a transformational year for this division