Shemaroo Entertainment

(Dinesh Sairam) #333
  1. I made no comments about whether or not I’m going to invest in the company. Assuming such a thing and providing advice on that basis is unfair in my opinion. At this point, my research in the company is purely academic.

2. Nowhere in the thread is the issue with Vistaas Digital mentioned.

3. I did not doubt if the Shemaroo itself owned Divine content. They very well may. I doubted the integrity of the management which says they have invested in a company named “Vistaas Digital”, which supposedly sell all its content through Divine India, which is a non existent website. Even if the website was a mistake, why continue to show the Value of 10 Cr in the Balance Sheet specifically under that name itself?

(Susindar) #334

@dineshssairam divine India may not necessarily be a website. There is a YouTube channel divine India, section in Amazon and iPhone app in AppStore called divine India.

(Dhiraj Dave) #335
  1. Point well taken. However, you are raising valid concern and my limited suggestion was that in case you are not comfortable with the company and management, please do not invest. I feel, irrespective of whether you invest or not, that is generic advise. Also, I appreciate you point and apologise.

2. There are another couple of business like US Subsdiary and also company for distribution content in airlines. So rather then looking for each business, in my opinion, one need to understand that shemaroo in busniess of distribution of content digitally. There are various arrangement and association for same. Bringing Vistaas concern is valid, but have you read whole thread? I am yet to get answer on same. Had you said that I have read whole thread and raised specific query, it could have been different discussion.

3. I felt the language you use in previous message was bit harsh.

Having said that, your question on Vistass resulted in some work from my side. I am encloding same for benefit of all members.

So the concern of yours whether, the company deserve valaution of Rs 10 Cr or not is valid in my opinion. The company is reporting net loss which mean Shemaroo shall have write down the valuation in my opinion. Having said that, it would be good also to understand the otherside view point as well.

Thanks for bringing out valid concern. We may agree to disagree but I would still suggest careful choice of word. Hope this lead to more meaningful disucssion and better pespective about the company on the thread. :grinning:

(Dinesh Sairam) #336

Sorry for the late response. I guess I’ve been misunderstood out for context. I didn’t say Shemaroo’s management is a fraud.

I mentioned that in case it’s found out that Divine India actually doesn’t exist, it won’t have any relation to understanding Shemaroo’s business. It would be related to Shemaroo’s management being unethical.

Once again, I’m actively tracking Shemaroo and trying to understand their business model. I was playing the Devil’s Advocate to that extent. I did not mean to slander.