Shemaroo Entertainment

A great discussion thread here. Thanks Dhiraj for pointing me here some ~2months back :slight_smile: Like to acknowledge idea initiator @myprasanna, idea validator @dd1474, @anon34631667 playing a great devil’s advocate role, and most importantly @desaidhwanil for presenting his compact and very insightful Investment Note - it helped me come up to speed in just a couple of hours.

Using Dhwanil’s Note as a great starting point, and going through the excellent discussion flow on this thread - was enabled to do a top-down job and come to my own conclusions - in just a couple of days. It appeared one had - what we like to call an EASY DECISION!!

However despite Dhwanil’s excellent note, and the engaging discussion in the thread, I am SURPRISED this has not caught enough attention, and consequently perhaps the strengths of this uniquely-positioned business (at compelling valuations) at a very interesting industry/business inflection point?. While I will not be adding anything new, here’s an expose on the thought process and underlying-assumptions for Shemaroo investment decision-making. Hope this helps re-emphasise the key things to notice in this business in a bid to CONNECT the DOTS.

Disc: Invested, close to 10% of Portfolio. This is NOT a Recommendation piece, but a discussion-influencer on detecting a business in transition. I am not an Investment Advisor. Please familiarise yourself with the Risks in the business, and take advise of a registered Investment Advisor for any investment action.

11 Likes