Sasken - Not so good company but can be good investment?

Sasken has announced buyback and dividend at the upcoming meet.

Sasken has been quiet for a long time while 5g stunts are keeping other companies in the news.

Buyback announced.

How come Sasken is still trading at 600 if the buyback price is 825?

The record date is 05.07.2019. Typically after that stock prices adjusts accordingly to the difference of net worth if buyback takes place. In this case, it adjusted more owing to ongoing concerns with various small, mid cap companies.

What exactly does that mean - does that mean that only people who owned the stock on 5/7/19 would be able to participate in the buyback & people who bought it afterwards won’t be?

Yes. Only those investors who hold shares as on record date will be able to participate in buyback.

Company has declared 5rs dividend.

Company recently declared a 50 rs dividend. I would speculate that it has to do with the abolishing of DDT post march2020. Now the company has posted a poor bottom line.

Historically, sasken has always had an envious client list. Their new business direction is also future looking. Ironically, company has not been able to capitalise on a ya strengths yet. 5g and smart automobiles are a thing of the future.

Ps: another development is one of the promoter groups being classified as non promoters.

Q4 2020 result after mgt in invester analysts said it added new customer five

1 Like

Bought a goodish qty of Sasken in the past few days and the next purchase may be at lower levels in case there is a market crash in March 2021.

Sasken is focussed on 5G and once the theme catches on…the stock will get rerated. As of now the stock offered a good margin of safety with around 450 crores of cash for 1200 crores of market cap and a good name and products.

The fact that Edwin Moses is back at the helm and promoter has made a declaration to buy 6 lakh shares (around 4%) from August 2021 onwards gives me hope that the stock may get rerated sooner rather than later.

Technically the stock is coming out of a long consolidation and appears to be in the initial stage of uptrend. Low paid up capital of just 15 crores and a face value of ₹10 ensures that the float is quite low and once the uptrend starts, the price rise can be rapid.

Thankful to the promoters for doing frequent buybacks to reduce the float.

Since I am bearish on nifty for the next 2 months, I am buying Sasken with the expectation that the price may come down to 500-600 levels, which is a good level to add more.

For the next 2-3 quarters, Sasken may be a slow mover…moving in a narrow range. So it’s recommended only for the practitioners of slow investing. But the long term targets are quite good.

4 Likes

Anyone has any news about Jio looking to buy Sasken ??

I found this news

FII stake increased this quarter from 20.2% to 21.03%.

FII stake seems to have come down marginally. That is ok. Key issue has been topline growth. Now when sector growth is a tail wind, i hope attrition is not going to be a new issue. Amazing mgmt… thus always on radar.

I have been positive on sasken especially poet 2018-2109 when Sasken reinventd itself and announced the 5x5 vision.

But, the topline is far from achieving their goal. Although, The company’s definitely has good execution potential which is evident from the high opm it commands.

The buybacks and dividend have kept me invested but will I buy more? The topline has not grown in more than a decade now. Its competitors have far outdone Sasken in the same timeframe.

PLS SEE FII stake is INCREASING

Sasken closes down its wholly owned subsidiary in China.Stock has reacted positively to this development.

1 Like

Sasken is into semi conductor technology and automotive software segments.

Recently it was discussed on zee business

The YouTube link is below

1 Like