Sankhya Infotech - Rising Defence and eLearning Phoenix

Weren’t u inboxing me before about this company ? I think u would have read my comments here on this thread …

Should we block posting rights of some people

5 Likes

I realized this lack of capabilities in the company and posted about this almost 2 years back. Checking on linkedIn can easily give you a sense of the capabilities of any company, especially one claiming to be doing hitech qork

2 Likes

@basumallick @hitesh2710 @adminph2 : Can we have a Rating System or some other system, so that people who write extensively on shady stories (which end up being Pump and Dump) can be downgraded.

So for example in this thread , despite many Red Flag Alerts and concerns @j2eeprofession_ kept ignoring/bulldozing the people and today there is no way he can be held accountable.

If there was say a rating mechanism , people could report him/downgrade him.

Atleast in this case, his posting rights should be withdrawn.

18 Likes

can you point out where exactly i kept on bulldozing people? Also, which shady companies are you referring to exactly ? Are we saying that none of the companies we have discussed in valuepickr have gone down? In this case i think you should know what was the price movement since this thread was initiated. its unfair to vent one’s failure to make money on someone else.
@basumallick @hitesh2710 @adminph2

@ashwinidamani

All throughout the thread some guys like @bearorbull have cautioned investors enough number of times to stay away from this counter citing the history from the days of its being listed on bhubaneshwar stock exchange. Others too have cautioned investors about this being shady story.

All throughout the thread @j2eeprofession_ has been bullish on the company and has been refuting the warnings put up by other boarders. He claimed to know senior guys associated with the company without naming them. He had been opposed in his bullish views by @bearorbull in a number of posts. And the story has played out exactly as projected by the latter and his warnings have been borne timely and truthful for any investors who cared to read them and take action on them.

Having said that, while both @j2eeprofession_ and @sowrabh1818 have been guilty of being bullish on this counter and rubbishing the warnings put up by other boarders without providing enough logical reasons (for their bullishness) as of now we do not have any clear cut reasons to bar them from the forum.

But I would request all boarders to flag any posts which show unwarraned optimism and smack of operator activity so that admin and other guys associated with moderation can take appropriate action. Some time back I too had read the thread and put up what I felt about the story and warned about the fishiness in the story.

Usually these kind of stories follow the usual path. Someone puts up detailed story on the company and is super bullish on it. (with or without malafide intent) Then some more guys join the bandwagon. A few quarter numbers seem to be good. There is planted news item on accessible media whose link can be pasted here. This is supposed to give some credence to the bullish claims. Then stock price move takes over and a lot of gullible investors start entering the counter and dont pay any heed to warnings put up by well meaning folks. And all this while newsflow continues and bombarding of information continues. Finally when the cat is out of the bag, the pigeons are in trouble and shit starts hitting the fan. And stock price starts collapsing. Many investors who have bought near the top remain in denial for long periods of time and by that time, stock price has tanked a lot. Finally people give up and exit the stock at huge losses and story is over for the counter.

And it begins at an opportune time in another counter with another group of bullish guys. Retail investors need to read these kind of threads multiple number of times as it teaches what not to do and what not to buy.

35 Likes

Thanks Hitesh bhai for sharing your wisdom for the enlightenment of investor community, especially the small retail investors. In the hindsight everything seems connected, the sequence of events and positive news flow, order win announcements etc., however how much out of this is real and how much is fictitious, is the real hard part of the question and it is a learning in a hard way with such investments into these kind of companies.

In general, I wanted to ask this question, how much importance, one can give for the prominent personalities, industry veterans joining the board of a small company? if we see the below news also coincided during the flow of all positive news, and events.

Bhaskar Pramanik joining Sankhya board after his retirement at Microsoft, and few name like Anil valluri,(ex Sun Microsystem, NetAPp India) as a director at Sankhya etc.,
How much these people really participate or contribute to steer the companies to reach their goasl and ambitions?

4 Likes

@hashims

Regarding so called big personalities lending their name to a company in any capacity, i think we need to consider

Skin in the game. How much is he affected by the company’s performance and how much he gains/loses out of it.

Second is how much change does he make to the running of the company. Does he have any say in the company or is he just a figurehead?

Its often difficult to ascertain these points but sometimes it helps if some clues are available.

But besides these, the script follows a similar pattern I described earlier with some variations here and there.

11 Likes

Thanks Hitesh Bhai. Points well noted.

In IT companies at times senior people lose relevance and are directly or indirectly forced to leave. Then they get into small nameless companies more to remain relevant and to prive to themselves and others that they are still relevant.

I don’t know how things play in individual companies. But in general, as @hitesh2710 mentioned unless you see major skin in the game it is not very meaningful.

4 Likes

Thanks Abhishek da. Well noted and interesting perspective. Seems this is how market also perceived the association of such senior industry veteran(s)'s with the company. They did not add any value in terms of market view or else it could have helped in any manner to restrict the steep fall of Sankhya info stock price…neither market see any confident of their association.

Is this a common norm in IT? or is there any exception to this, with few personalities like NRN, Azim Premji, Shiv Nadar etc.,? suppose if they join or promote any such small company, would there be any value addition? or As Hitesh bhai said, apart from just going by their name & their past reputation, do we need to see the major skin in the game?

1 Like

There is no simple answer to this. You need to understand what their motivation and incentive is. In general, once a person has made both his name and fortune, incentive to excel goes away. Else, he would probably not leave the company where he made his name and fame. Also, very rarely second innings of someone is as successful as the first. Many reasons for this but main amongst them is luck plays a huge part in a person’s success and it is not replicable.

2 Likes

yes, that’s the most important thing to know and at the same time it is also not so easy to know for retail investors.

agreed…

Thanks

Agreed … sometimes, they say it in interviews. Need to read between the lines. No one will come out and say I am doing this for timepass :smiley:

1 Like

:grinning:
yes that’s the skill n the art side of investment.
To separate wheat from the chaff.