Prima Plastics

Standalone Q2 numbers -

Comparative revenue of the company, had the reported revenues in P&L stmt were shown net of excise duty.

Decent numbers. Though, with crude touching 65 today, RM price escalation impact will be there in Q3.

1 Like

Q3 2018 Results:

http://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/17c293aa-493d-4b98-9aa8-a94609d5763c.pdf

Results look bad on the face. @j2eeprofession_ please let us know if you are aware of the factors behind the results to assess whether it is a temporary one-off performance or some structural issue.

Thanks

i think its ok kind of results…i dont worry about this company to be honest…this is one of the better small caps i have :slight_smile:

Dividend from the overseas business is not part of this Q…which makes the big difference YOY… If that will be considered in the next Q, Q4 should be big.

That’s what I was thinking why the dividend hasn’t come. Is it because of low earnings or some CAPEX plan or it is just postponed by one quarter.

Any information on this would be very helpful.

Thanks

[quote=“armchairinvest_, post:27, topic:225”]
Prima Dee-Lite Plastics Pvt
[/quo

Is this camroon numbers? if yes, please give me a source of information

Thanks
Prashant

Q4 results

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=f0ed52b4-6935-4d58-964f-4564bead01fb

Guys, why there isn’t much growth since an year? Is it mentioned by management beforehand or oil prices acting as dampner

Possible reasons for down trend-setting

*Whole plastic industry is facing poor growth recently.When industry is down almost all in it are down.
*RM prices hiking.
*28% GST was applied by gov on moulded plastics.And,raw materials was on 18% GST.Company had to put 10% extra.May be this is resolved now and 28% has been changed to 18% hopefully.
*Big brands like Nilkamal and supreme are already having large market share.Almost upto 30 companies are there making plastic furniture in India.(however,prima has management which is active, hardworking and honest which would atleast give company in top 5 rank)
*Most of the public companies in India are in downtrend since year.Especially,mid and small caps are (minus 25-30% ).Trade wars/GST/demoneti/elections/industry frauds all are bulls now and market is :bear:.It doesn’t over here.2019 elections are coming ahead.May be till that all this will continue.

Why to buy it now?

*people’s are not going to stop using moulded furniture definitely.They are cheaper than wooden.Easily available.
*Increasing population, increasing functions/parties/elections/restaurants-everywhere you are going to need it.
*In most of the house out of 5,1 chair or table would be of plastic.
*In Mar2018- Sales were not reduced.but net profit is reduced due to finance cost.So, possibly it will be winner ahead.

1 Like

Along with the above mention points, Important thing which is missing in entire story is growth… topline is flat since three years and with additional capex which increases capacity by around 50% on consolidated basis, interest expenses would be higher and it would hamper net margins in huge way unless they are able to bring in growth from their capex in near future…

1 Like

http://www.fnbnews.com/Top-News/maharashtra-govt-announces-spl-cluster--rd-centre-for-plastic-sector-43502

If someone attended the AGM today, please share the notes. It would be very helpful :grinning:

1 Like

How do anyone track this company with hardly any information on it?

Got this agm notes as forward. Hope this helps. Agm nites from q2 fy18

Disc - Invested and adding.

5 Likes

Any idea why the top line is constant despite increasing capacity. @j2eeprofession_, any idea?

1 Like

Top line increased 33% QoQ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any idea why did they have capex at first place without any demand?

1 Like

Prima Dee-Lite Plastics S.A.R.L. (Joint venture Company) at Cameroon
West Africa, has declared a dividend for the period ended 31st December 2018, of which 3,65,148/- Euro
is receivable by Prima Plastics Limited.

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=4a72c34f-90b1-4c93-ae90-29af428c8db9

1 Like

From my point of view, this is the simple business strategy… Prima Plastics is in a market, which i consider as a commodity market. in a commodity market, if the company waits for the demand to plan Capex, it will lose its market share. Capex planning is not only considering the current demand but also the future demand.

I do not see this as a negative but positive. Management is preparing itself for the future and not for the present market condition.

1 Like