Prima Plastics

Hi Everyone,
I have a small question for guys following prima plastics. I came across this announcement https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/f6564197-14b2-43c4-bdc8-c9a4af4d59aa.pdf wherein the company’s JV announced 2.84 cr dividend. What was the dividend announced last year?

1 Like

It was not announced last year.
It was announced year before and it was around 2crore.

2 Likes

God knows what is happening with this company. Hardly publishes any information. Is it alive or dead? Any one tracking this company can help provide some info.

Prima plastics …looks like forming a falling wedge pattern on monthly charts …(correct me if I’m wrong) …btw anyone has seen their new website . ??

Look at consolidated numbers …it includes only Guatemala’s numbers and not Cameroon’s …I think company is doing pretty good …when India’s economy picks up even the standalone numbers should contribute …

1 Like

Hi guys …just spoke with the management of prima plastics …asked a few things about the average performance of the company in last 2 years …following points are the replies given by them .

1. They focussed more on government orders but govt has been very slow in giving out these orders
  2. Increased short term borrowings was done to secure tender from govt but as of now this has fallen to 10 crores from 23 crores 3 months back …I guess they will not pursue govt tenders aggressively hence forth
  3. Company is planning expansion in Madhya Pradesh and this will be announced in 3-4 months
  4. They are expecting crude to fall more and this will aid margins .they have not cut prices of their products . Expecting next 3 quarters to be good
  5. Both their subsidiaries are doing really well .
  6. More focus on b2b. Last month got an order of 10 crores from one Mnc (I think HUL)

Disclosure holding decent quantity .please do your own due diligence .

3 Likes

@sowrabh1818 @j2eeprofession

Are you still tracking this company? Results are on Monday. Would like to understand how theur african JVs are faring and whats the future outlook.

Disclosure: Tracking

I have trimmed my position in this stock after the lock down announcement …I’m pretty much very interested in this stock …and I will be tracking how they improve the bal sheet. .as per last interaction with them they said as I have written above that focus will be more on b2b and they will not go after govt tenders that much …they have already reduced the short term borrowings as per the CFO…however their expansion plans could take a backseat now …so let’s wait and see this coming Monday

1 Like

Results are Not Bad… Although the revenues were subdued. Profit from subsidaries are decent. It reported 3.7 cr profit vs 1.4 cr last year. This result is taking into consideration a healthy increase in Operating Profit YoY and QoQ .

Outstanding Results by prima Plastics…Finally the India business started looking Strong.

Another healthy set of numbers with good both qoq and yoy growth.
Company still available at reasonable valuations.
Q3FY21 Results

Disc: Invested from lower levels

1 Like

Yes good numbers…but rising crude price would affect their profitability …by how much should be seen…

Market cap is only 90 cr where as the TTM sales has been at 115 cr.
Guatemala unit has increased production capacity by 30%.

3 Likes

They have started selling baby/kids products on Amazon and other ecomm platforms. Ratings are also good. Can be a game changer if they can introduce more products.

Disclosure- Invested

3 Likes

https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/c45e26f1-54bc-4f7d-8661-29b1dc14db39.pdf

Great set of results posted by the co. The whole sector has benefitted from the softening of the RM prices. Nilkamal too had similar results and a decent run-up.

All the capex is now behind us as it seems and the OCF looks great. Would be interesting to watch this space for the next 6-12 months how the story pans out.

Discl. - Invested very recently and biased.

1 Like

NPM expansion and Margin growth expansion has been happening.

TTMNetProfitMargin 7.94 %

NPMGrowthQOQ 66.3 %
with increase in earnings…

Disc:Invested.

3 Likes

Good to see great margin expansion Quarter on Quarter Basis.

Is anyone still tracking this counter? Any Red flags for management as its very rare to get cheap valuation with growth.

Is anyone attended last year AGM to get sense of future roadmaps?

Disclosure: Interested in this counter as this will be proxy to Bharat’s per capita income growth. Not having any exposure to this counter yet.

1 Like