Optiemus Infracom - How much business Blackberry is going to bring for it?

16 companies have got PLI scheme approval for mobile manufacturing.

Read more at:

Disc: Not invested, find this very speculative

5 Likes

A recent interview posted on the linkedin page of optiemus electronics

2 Likes

adding this image in a separate post, due to VP guidelines preventing new users from attaching multiple media items in the same post

Very Interesting comments here by A Gururaj, MD OEL:

1. We can manufacture roughly about 1lakh to 1.5 lakh laptops per year. Customer is saying that I want more. We are in discussion with them (OEMs). We are at about a lakh and a half like laptops per year (in terms of capacity). We will start somewhere at that level to begin with in the next two to three months
  2. ‘‘The wearables market grew about 119 per cent on a year-on-year basis, as of June 2021. We had an output of about 1.1 crore units out of India, in that last one year, and strong shipments from homegrown brands. The homegrown brands in this segment, unlike say a mobile phone, are growing big time. Watches are fuelling growth. All these are reports from the IDC,’’ Gururaj said.
  3. "While we are ramping up capacity for Noise, we will also be working with more brands and OEMs to double-triple this business in the coming year. The hearables and wearables space is the homegrown brands are doing very well, you know, and I think their market share is substantial,’’ Gururaj said.
  4. The company at present has capacity to manufacture 3 lakh wearables and hearable devices at present which it plans to more than double to 7 lakh units per month by March, he said.

Disc: Invested

4 Likes

23K Cr for Wistron

2 Likes

Noise had last year partnered with Optiemus Electronics Limited (OEL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of

Optiemus Infracom

NSE 9.52 % Limited, to manufacture products locally.

OEL is designing and manufacturing hearable products for Noise at its two plants in Noida.

“We have a very strong joint partnership with OEL. So we are with them as an exclusive partner. We have built that R&D arm with them who are helping us in building …

Read more at:

1 Like

Truke Kick-Starts its Make-in-India Initiative Aiming to Produce 2 mil Audio Units/Yr by 2023

1 Like

949d9d8d-02e0-4949-9ef0-7cce5db27176.pdf (3.1 MB)

Good results…
And a few interesting things in the PPT.

Here is a great article by Forbes which acts as a starter for investors like me who want to decide on whether the company will walk the talk or fail yet again.

With this article I understood about the Management’s “Openness to Learning”. They have failed miserable in B2C business back to back with blackberry and then their own brand Zen. Hence, they have now imbibed the role of backhand manufacturing and hence B2B. Second, learning was that they have learnt from their earlier mistake and has moved beyond product concentration by diversifying their product mix.

Also, I observe that the appointment of Mr. A Gururaj has sparked the Optiemus 2.0.

Disclosure: I have entered a tracking position and will carefully watch the next quarters for whether or not these new advancements (partnerships + new factory +new* forray into hearables, laptops,etc) translates into growth of the company’s revenues. This will help me analyze and determine if the company can really scale upto the promised 38k Crore revenue in the next five years.

1 Like

Wistron already has a tie-up with Optiemus for assembling iPhones at their Noida plant.

I am a bit surprised with this news as to why would Wistron be looking for another partner for the same project even when their existing partner already has the advantage through the PLI scheme?

In case a Tata-Wistron deal goes through, and Wistron continues with the Optiemus agreement too, I doubt that Tata Group will want to play second fiddle to Optiemus.

So where does it leave Optiemus’ upcoming Noida plant and their plans to reach the 38k crore revenue mark?

As far as I can see its not the same project.Wistron has facilities in Bengaluru that manufactures Iphones . The OIL JV was for other stuff…
img_189181_optiemus2

Anyway, your link itself says that tatas can buy equity in wistrons India ops or create a new facility .None of it hampers OILs plans in anyway.
Disc. Invested

market is too vast and there is enough for every one. not only Taiwanese Indian brands will also look for manufacturing partners. Rift b/w China and Taiwan is another long term positive for India from manufacturing point of view. keep an eye on sales data, as long as it keep on rising ride the stock.

1 Like

The stock has been range bound since last one year and given tie ups with Harman, Noise and plan to set up more factory, growth should explode in a few quarters then stock will cross all time high. Holding with patience since Dec 20.

Going as expected .

3 Likes

Next quarter should be even better given increase in capacity, festive season. At some time it will come into radar of institutions also given vertical climb of revenue expected then will explode in valuation…

interesting article leads us to conclude OIL is in cusp huge market opportunity …

3 Likes

Interesting talk by Mr. A. Gururaj, MD of Optiemus Electronics on electronics manufacturing and design in India.

4 Likes

Dixon result and guidance both really poor. In a low margin business volume is vital. Hope optimums delivers this quarter as it will show tenacity of its business execution as it has announced many tie ups and it was festive season. They can do better in corporate governance also and make results timely and more transparent. It seems a convincing long term story, will hold irrespective of result

With Optiemus so strong focus on wearables and Mr. A Gururaj as a leader now, I expect Optiemus to deliver good results.

6 % topline, EPS growing by 75% QoQ at 1.46 quarterly and can hit double digit for next 12 months too going forward with PLI subsidy… Future looks bright

1 Like