Mylu long term Portfolio

Mylu…do you think Indigo and CDSL has pricing power?CDSL is at best a stable compunder. Pricing as per SEBI.I understand new stream coming up like education sector,demat for unlisted company, commodity trading
But Indigo ,is not this company in between transition. Where is the increase in yield even in this time when atf is trading higher, where will they deploy so many capacity in domestic routes.

What is your thinking if you can share.

1 Like

Last time i had it for 30 months as after it , I felt the stocks are very high priced and time to book profit. so closed out all the holdings. Currently my plan is to continue SIP and no plans to sell. I will post the progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

As you correctly pointed , CDSL is a very stable componder and patient accumulation is needed with long term vision.

I chose Indigo based on its market leadership and its management . They are in a stiff competition field and has been performing very well till date, I hope they continue this in upcoming days as well.

1 Like

If we could know if it is high, then we can sell when it is high and buy again when it has come down.

Please do post, thank you.

1 Like

I am a frequent traveler, and trust me even if price is not a deciding factor, I find myself traveling in indigo at least 95% of the time. They seem to have their services and schedules planned to well meet the market requirements. And they also have the best food and beverages among their peers. Most of the time indigo is packed to its full capacity but I have noticed other airlines are not so much. As long as the government regulations don’t crush them…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you choose another airlines if they offer a less fare?

Provided they offer the services at the time of the day that suits my requirements, dependable, good food and customer centric, I will. But I haven’t seen anyone doing these in the past few years, to the standards established by indigo at the least

2 Likes

Good to know that, thank you.

Thanks for your elaborate analysis . I have no intention of relooking on the stocks for now .

SIP Done with equal allocation . .6.25% overall loss now.

Stockname Quantity Average Price % Gain
Central Dep. Ser 163 274.99 -12.34
Interglobe Aviat 40 1122.89 -15.31
TCI Express 83 534.68 11.6
V-Guard Inds. 206 215.72 -9.67
4 Likes

Results are pretty good in current market. My portfolio is down by 20% from January which involved a lot of buys and sells like a turnover of4 Times! Yours seems to be a worry free strategy. But can you please explain the investment rationale especially considering you have a concentrated portfolio of only 4 stocks!

1 Like

@mylu I too am quite intrigued by your style of investing. I’m looking forward to seeing how your portfolio performs over time.

For how long do you plan to keep SIP-ing in the stocks you hold? And after you are done investing in it, how long do you plan on holding these companies? Lastly, what circumstances would make you exit the stocks you own?

All in all I think you have an iron will in not getting swayed by what others are saying and ignoring what is happening in and around these companies.

Wish you all the best and I look forward to seeing how your pf performs. Hopefully it does really well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@SlownSteady I have explained that in the beginning of the post. Hope it helps. Further i had followed similar investment fashion earlier with BHEL , POWERGRID , KVB , TVS and based on the learnings tweaked a few changes in selection.

Incase you need more information , do let me know.

Thanks @amangoklani . One bigger lesson learnt was to patience and have confidence on the investing company . May be that’s helping me to hold on the stocks irrespective any downs seen in them.

I don’t have any specific plans for SIP term and surely think it will be for 2.5-3 years (6 months over now) . Again on holding no specific plans and need to see at that time.

I followed the same philosophy last time and excited all the stocks once I felt their price has gone up too much (except BHEL) . As luck would have it all the stocks I sold off last or actually hovering in same price or less even after 6 months :slight_smile:

@mylu great to know the strategy worked out well for you the last time.

When you did exit the last time, what kind of returns did you walk away with following this strategy (I only mean to understand the CAGR returns)? Also what was your overall hold period? Was it 30 months that you did the SIPs for or was it longer as you continued holding the stocks post finishing your SIPs?

SIP Done. Latest Status

Symbol Average Price % Gain Sector Name
CDSL 272.33 -15.91 Finance
INDIGO 1113.1 -11.82 Air Transport Service
TCIEXP 538.42 15.1 Miscellaneous
VGUARD 215.48 -2.87 Capital Goods - Electrical Equipment
1 Like

SIP Done . Latest Status

Symbol Quantity Average Price % Gain
CDSL 188 269 -14.53
INDIGO 45 1116.02 3.03
TCIEXP 91 542.25 18.03