Mylu long term Portfolio

After this month SIP. Strategy is to bring CHOLA on par with all other 4 stocks in weight age:)

Symbol Quantity % Gain Weight age
CDSL 248 -10.66 23.02%
CHOLAFIN 18 -1.58 8.80%
INDIGO 56 38.92 22.82%
TCIEXP 111 18.63 22.40%
VGUARD 299 1.72 22.97%
5 Likes

After this month SIP , portfolio is 20% in each stocks from 25% earlier.

Symbol Quantity % Gain Weightage
CDSL 248 -11.06 20.14%
CHOLAFIN 44 4.31 20.18%
INDIGO 56 48.52 19.97%
TCIEXP 111 21.37 19.60%
VGUARD 299 13.63 20.11%
10 Likes

I have a question about allocation. If Indigo is up 48%, CDSL is down -11% but the weightage is same for both. Are you considering weghtage at entry level or at current market price. If its at current market price, wont it be less money invested in winners?
I like your approach and want to start similar approach for my kids but trying to understand more.

2 Likes

@tusharsp As mentioned earlier , I equally split my amount into these 5 stocks and buy them every month. So its current market price cost .

I dont worry about profit/loss volatility in the SIP times and after a specific period of 2-3 years look for a overall decent profit.

SIP Done.

Symbol Quantity % Gain Weightage
CDSL 266 -15.09 20.19%
CHOLAFIN 234 -2.01 20.23%
INDIGO 58 35.88 19.79%
TCIEXP 117 12.55 19.66%
VGUARD 315 12.76 20.14%
7 Likes

Airline share in long term portfolio is very risky. I feel you are lucky to be in profit. If it was me, I would have replaced it with a secular, relatively less risky business. Thanks

3 Likes

Having 20% weight in an unpredictable business can either become explosive gain or wealth destruction in the long term. It appears that Mylu ji is maintaining the weights at 20% and this may reduce exposure to Indigo when prices are going up. Will indigo be an outlier and can it earn wealth for us is a million $ question.

1 Like

Agree sir…In that context which business is not risky. If you see the recent business closures how many are the ones we thought are safe in long run?

i feel as long the management knows to run the business that score maximum point.

1 Like

Sensex has fallen from peak 39900 to 37400 odd today. My portfolio has survived this 2500 down onslaught and its neither gain nor loss now :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

12 Likes

SIP Done. I had done increased investment in CDSL as its at lowest price now.

Latest portfolio below

Symbol Quantity Gain Weightage
CDSL 391 -19.36% 24.49%
CHOLAFIN 249 -5.48% 19.19%
INDIGO 60 28.75% 18.57%
TCIEXP 124 0.76% 18.65%
VGUARD 332 6.78% 19.09%

With so many stocks around on sale, any reason for sticking to only these 5? Thanks to Jet and Air India woes, Indigo seems to do well for now. Had I been you, I would have converted it to some steady compounder when I still have profits. Also, CDSL does not seem to match with other consumption proxy shares that you hold.
At one point I held CDSL but not racking anymore. Disappointed to see only 1.8% div yield at even low price from it as it should hardly have any capex so why not a div yield of say 4 or 5% at beaten down price? Also, what has been its revenue and profits CAGR in last couple years since listing? Thanks

2 Likes

It based on my investing strategy to shortlist 4-5 stocks , invest equal amount every month for 3-5 years time frame.

I agree with your comments on CDSL not sure its beaten down left and right though they have steady growth. I continue to accumulate as I see it as golden stocks for my children.

1 Like

This means you have 20% or more allocation in 1 stock. If something goes wrong, you lose 20% and it may take over 2 years to get back what you lost. You could maybe think about finding 1 new stock a year and help reduce business risk.
Remember that we don’t have the knowledge of a promoter and hence we should not take the risk of a promoter.

7 Likes

I agree to your point. When i planned on this strategy , I have included that risk as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good to see an airline stock in a concentrated portfolio. I am also holding this stock in my core portfolio though it is not as concentrated. Like me you would also be ridiculed for having this in your portfolio.

Its better to hold business which you know very well. Indigo is certainly not just another airline. Its lowest cost (ex- fuel) carrier in the world.

It takes great courage to hold an airline stock knowing the risks. Proud of you for that. And keep contributing in the Indigo thread.

1 Like

Hi
Just a query , i saw v guard in your portfolio above . Am curious to know why have you not thought of Wonderla stock instead of v guard as it’s from the same management and has decent valuation and growth prospects . Am aware that they both are from different industry , however I had both vguard and wonderla in my watchlist . Am I missing something with respect to Wonderla?

1 Like

As you rightly pointed out i had KOCHOUSEPH CHITTILAPPILLY in mind and was evaluating same of V guard vs wonder la.

My bet on V GUARD was more on business perspective due its consumer goods nature than wonder la which is capital intensive plus patience of returns. Having said this both stocks are very good for long term.

Specifically wonder la can be Indian Disney if they started to playing out well.

1 Like

The park is excellently run but prone to abrupt close days due to political situations that keep arising. Plus a single mishap can set it back to point zero.

2 Likes

Very true . I agree on capital intensive part and I must admit even I am interested in these stocks because of Mr Kochouseph Chittilappilly in management. How does Havell compare to Vguard ? My only concern is havells has more products in consumer durables while Vguard has great ROCE and management but am concerned with their voltage stabilizers business as if 24x7 electricity comes , their stabilizers wont have that much demand . Request your perspective on the same . Am I missing something here ?

2 Likes

True . But How are the growth prospects vis-a-vis vguard ?