My mistakes with the stock market

When I started, in 2010, I ran into the same problems too.
Getting over authority bias is a tough psychological problem to solve.
Nevertheless, here’s how I got over it.
If I was to ever clone anybody again, (unlikely because I have my own system now, but because good ideas can come from anywhere and the very next one could come from cloning too) here’s what I would do, in order to get over the lollapalooza of authority bias + halo effect + availability bias and what not.

Here are some of my thoughts on this topic.

• Always start with a small position. I would gradually average up over a few quarters of good performance. The idea being, numbers don’t lie. So if I have a solid story, in the form of a thesis/recommendation/SHP data from a senior investor, then I’d wait for the numbers to back up that story. By doing this I may lose on the initial gains, but my capital is protected if that investor’s thesis doesn’t play out as expected. And the best of them get it wrong at times. And it’s okay for them to make these mistakes because failure and experimentation are inseparable twins.

• As Howard Marks recently said, you may have to be an expert in a field in order to figure out who the true experts are. And Prof. had said in one of his podcasts - No role model is perfect, so have multiple role models. Hence, try to inculcate ideas from a lot of great investors, that resonate with you, into your own investment style so you can build your own distinct style. Build your moat.

• Question everything. Pay attention to disconfirming evidence. What are the 3 things that could kill the idea you are considering? Try to validate the thesis using data. Data! Data! Data! I can’t make bricks without clay :slight_smile:

• Cut losses quickly. If the investment idea turns out to be wrong, my process needs to be such, that I can ruthlessly cut down my losers, rapidly, instead of slowly, because the difference between slow and fast could turn out to be night and day. One way I do this is by setting automated alerts, for cutting losses at pre-determined levels. This process removes a lot of bias and helps me avoid inaction, right when I need it the most.

• Consider the senior investor’s position size. It may be a small experimental bet for him after all. I may need to size my position accordingly too, depending upon how much unbiased work I have done on the company. Even if you don’t initially agree with his/her thesis, take a small position where heads I win, tails I don’t lose much. Maybe I will agree with the thesis few months down the line, after seeing some data that disconfirms my ideas.

• Eventually, I evolved a process which helps me find winners before other smart investors do. That should be every cloner’s end goal, than blind cloning. One needs to copy the senior investor’s thought process rather than his portfolio. The latter is short term compared to the former which is more long lasting.

• Cloning is a very powerful concept. If you are able to reverse engineer what another great mind has done in investing, and understand why they were doing it and why they made these investments, those decisions will tend to be better than something you just come up with on your own." Mohnish Pabrai

• My returns from the same stock could differ due to a lack of conviction / different holding periods. This was demonstrated by prof. in one of his interviews.

• Occassionally, the senior investor’s firm may have a team of analysts. So we don’t really know whose idea it really is.

• Beware of impact costs (for eg, he sells at 100 and you end up selling at 80, the impact cost is 20 bucks / 20% more). If a big guy exits the position before you do, the impact cost to your portfolio could be substantial.

15 Likes

That’s good points, would be great if you can share the process you mention above?

3 Likes

@Investor_No_1 The process is to look at a lot of quarterly results and choose from the best. The key idea being - the person who turns over the most rocks wins the game.

I have set up a lot of automated email alerts on screener.in to identity the next set of winners in the market. For example, laurus labs first showed up on one of my screens in Nov 2019. I didn’t look at it then but I did start looking at it in around April/May 2020 and what a winner it turned out to be.

Note: Split adjusted price for Nov 2019 works out to 70 bucks resulting in a 4+ bagger.

What has worked for me is to look at a lot of companies simultaneously, thereby maximizing the chances of finding the next big winner in the market.

11 Likes

My investment journey started after demonetization and next 1.5 years made good gains. These gains lulled me. Then came huge investment in Yes Bank where capital is locked and mostly will cause major losses. Few mistakes I made/learned are

1. By following valuepickr, I felt money can be made by identifying next multi bagger and missed the point that by sticking to large caps also returns will be satisfactory.
  2. Learn to handle relationship managers of brokerage houses/banks. Even though some are good but when they change it will directly impact us.
  3. Learn to fix max amount per stock, Stop Loss and max loss. This will help in not over investing in a single stock and allows quickly cutting our losses. Just this simple point would have helped me from yes bank losses.
  4. Once some setup is making money except risk management its better to not change the system much.
  5. Stay away from news. most of the news are advertisements or a way to manipulate. Latest fad is international investing. No one mentions about Estate Tax that needs to be paid in case of death by legal heirs. returns etc will be much based on currency fluctuations etc.
8 Likes

Love your third point. Im following this from my experience in investing

3 Likes

I entered the market in August 2018, we were in Bear Market till Elections.

I’ve made plenty of mistakes, many out of ignorance and some out of emotional frenzy. A major lesson from markets is that if you’re living a good/happy/woke life, the odds of you messing up psychologically reduces drastically which is the key to sustained wealth.

In my first year, I was dabbling with stocks and would swing trade and was largely clueless about the broader market activity. I would use Money Control to go through stocks, read some news, make my picks and the rest was jai mata di.

Soon, my portfolio had many bagholders usually the cheap PSU stocks and other cheap stocks like Jain Irrigation, South Indian Bank. etc.
I dumped most of them during 2019 post election rally, but felt left out of the bull run that lay ahead.

I learned to ignore Financial Television and stock forecasters soon.

Upon checking my P&L calculation I realized that I was losing more money than i was making and learned about DP charges.

Then COVID19 came and wiped out my portfolio, 25% down. Now what? I started using reddit investment forums like r/IndiaInvestments and r/IndianStreetBets. It helped me learn quite a bit about markets and business. Still there were so many gaps in my knowledge and I learned each of them by putting my skin in the game.

Post COVID19 the stocks the cheap, but Gay bears in Reddit created an atmosphere of panic and started throwing predictions of NIFTY 6000 and like any supposed clever investor I waited, waited, waited… and NIFTY went to 10k.

I started buying here and there, though was afraid to commit too much of my capital. My Portfolio was a zoo with 30+ stocks.

I started selling them the moment I started seeing greener days. It was a huge mistake. I would make profits of 200-300 bucks missing out on 1000-1500 buck profit had I held them a month longer.

I learned that it was called Disposition Fallacy. Never sell your winners, not too soon.

And then I joined ValuePickr. I love the atmosphere here, but I must caution newbies you could get waylaid even here too if you’re not value conscious.

If you don’t know why you are holding a stock, if you don’t have a story, build it first. Don’t watch too much news or don’t read too much on ValuePickr. There are many threads where even for supposedly good companies we have posters who have created heavily skeptical environment by overemphasizing negatives of certain companies that the reader’s conviction could break.

I once held such a Stock, but was not quite sure of its value. The FUD created by ValuePickr threads did not give me peace of sleep at night and I sold that stock for meagre profits. Soon that stock would rally about 60%. It was Caplin Labs.

So as y’all can see I’m light years from being perfect but really perfection isn’t about what you do its mostly what you don’t do. Hold on to your picks rather than trading them away. Know the worth of what you’re holding, don’t be swayed by detractors and news (exceptions exist).

Edit : I forgot to mention about my MF Portolio. In my first year, I had diversified across 7 MFs, 4 equity funds and 3 debt funds. Now I just hold 1 index Fund. its funny how financial analysts fool the gullible to diversify even in MF. MFs are already diversified, don’t diworsify by buying too many plans.

Thanks.

23 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience. Really admire your conviction in holding on your bets.

My loss aversion was/is too strong, which made me chicken out of certain multibaggers. For one that 25% that I saw in March has made me paranoid of All Time Highs.

Let me ask you, how often do you check your portfolio? I do it daily. I find that sometimes even when everything is going well, I’m tempted to sell my winner partly out of loss aversion and partly to give myself the feeling that I did something (confession). I observed today that the temptation to do something is more when I’m hungry, once I ate something I let my portfolio alone. Lol it’s crazy.

4 Likes

What are mistakes?

Mistakes have a very opaque definition in the short-run; its relevance is mostly understood in the long-term. Biggest fallacy among humans is misconception about timing of realization of mistakes. The time of committing and acknowledging a mistake could be very different. Some mistakes are acknowledged immediately after committing it, while others can take years to realize. This learning not only holds true in stock markets but also life in general. The key to acknowledge mistakes is to measure whether our actions are producing desired outcomes or not. Therefore, mistakes cease to exist unless there are outcomes.

Mistakes in stock market?
Everyone enters stock markets to make profits, so profits can be deemed as desired outcome. If you purchase a script and its price goes up thereafter, your decision seems to be correct, however, if in coming days, price drops below acquisition cost, your buying decision appears to be a mistake. Such erratic price patterns always pursue one to do self introspection, taking him into an unwanted overthinking state to understand missing elements in the investment decision.

On the contrary, you get the same kind of feeling of committing a mistake, if price zooms after exiting from the script. Therefore, these 2 mental states - 1) Satisfaction (script prices moving in your expected direction and 2.) Mistake (script prices moving in opposite direction to your expected course) - are something investors have to live with throughout their investment journey. Important to note, irrational price behavior can last more than ones imagination, so realization of mistake can also take a little longer (so as feeling of satisfaction) than usual. Scripts not only undergo change in prices but also quality in the long-run. Therefore, one also needs to keep a tab on varying quality of his or her portfolio companies to minimize mistakes.

How to minimize mistakes in stock market?

Minimizing mistakes is the most crucial aspect of investing. To minimize mistakes, we need to identify them early. Against, innate desire to identify multibaggers early, if we identify mistakes first then the forthcoming results could be more satisfactory than those achieved from efforts in locating multibaggers. Mistakes can be identified early if an investor is able to understand his psychology early on i.e. how he reacts to the price movements. Next, he needs to understand the psychology of markets i.e. what is rewarded in the market (and what is not) in the long term.

Finally, he needs to devise an investment strategy, listing down the rules as to what-, how much- and when- to buy/sell. Such rules will help him to overcome his emotions and also not to overreact to Mr. market emotions.

Needless to say, even if the above steps are noted, most difficult aspect is to implement them consistently over the long-term. The key impediment to its smooth running is emergence of opportunistic genes which prevent one from remaining satisfied with his small but durable results and motivate to sneak out for more returns. It is quite natural that there will be intermediate trading rallies on the risky end (high valuation and second-quality or high valuation and first-quality scripts) of the market which will lure you to high risk opportunities. Therefore, how much we can disconnect ourself from markets is something that will help to minimize our mistakes and maximize output.

Stock markets are most difficult way to make easy money. Good luck.

12 Likes

In the documentary “Pumping Iron” Arnold says – Every bodybuilder does the workout everyday thinking to win the Mr. Universe competition someday. So, the destination is fixed and clear. The only thing left with us is, minimize the time to achieve your goal with your preparation.

Here are the mistakes/learnings from my side

1. Trading mindset – In the initial first year of investing which is 2018, I was almost investing just based on price movements – For continued success in trading, you need technical analysis skills of highest calibre. So, I stay away till I learn it
  2. Foundation – When we buy some fridge or TV, we spend some time what are its best features, how many years warranty, value additions etc. Many investors have told to write down at least 1 to 2 pages on your investing rationale per stock. I was not doing this till beginning of 2019.
  3. Market Cap – Horses for courses. In general, large caps give stability to the portfolio but also gives less return. Mid-caps are volatile but can give better returns
    Small caps are highly volatile but given a larger timeframe, they will beat the returns compared to large and mid-caps. I was having around 50% in small caps at one point of time. Given my understanding and assessment of stocks, it was akin to shooting in the dark
  4. Time horizon – The general consensus is to give 3 years if you are investing in large caps, 5 years for mid-caps, 7 years for small-caps. We need to give time for the investments to grow just like your FD, real estate etc.
  5. Cyclicals – There are some stocks which will click for once or twice in every 8 to 10 years. Investing in these, need extra caution as you need to study the underlying fundamentals on this extra-ordinary cycle/sales/profits
    I have 3% of my PF in cyclicals now. At one point of time, it was 15% and I played the cycle wrong.
  6. Tracking the performance – We don’t need to track the portfolio performance everyday but need assessment of the performance in regular intervals. Tracking against index/ETF like BSE Sensex 30 or HDFC Sensex ETF can be one way . I am doing this from 2020
  7. Risk management – Setting thresholds for allocation can be very helpful. This is like mindfulness about what is in our control and limiting the downside
  8. Diversification – I contemplated on buying Sovereign Gold Bonds in 2018 considering the fact that gold price was on downward trajectory from 2015 and SGB is offering 2% fixed return per year and giving the current gold rate without physically holding it. I did not buy.
  9. Temporary vs Permanent – In the March crash, I sold some part of solid companies like HDFC, HDFC Bank, TCS, Page Industries. Ideally, I should have used this opportunity to accumulate them more. In an ideal scenario, I should have sold some debt portion and increased allocation to equity. As I was left with little dry powder, I had to sell some portion of existing portfolio. I was lucky I found some good bets like Laurus Labs and Sterlite technologies to compensate. So, the lesson here is – get your allocation balance right.
  10. Karma – Even though your analysis is right, sector is doing good, have great ROCE, ROE etc, have valuation comfort, some black swan events occur where you don’t have any control – 2000,2008 and 2020. Diversification into contra bets like gold will help mitigate this risk.

Accept your mistakes and move on. In the end, a happy and positive mind is the primary necessity to stay in business.

Disclaimer - I’m still at an early stage with respect to stock market. My portfolio link - Southern_Cross's Portfolio

Some more - Southern_Cross's Portfolio

10 Likes

My apologies in advance for a self-indulgent post. If you do choose to read it, perhaps it will serve as a checklist on a whole bunch of things that can go wrong.

I started working in 2003 and till 2007 had no money of note to invest. Whatever little I had, I traded in stocks like Reliance Natural Resources, BHEL etc. This was mostly based on recommendations by a broker. It was clueless tip based investing but given the market in 2007, I made a few profitable trades and some loss making ones but ended net positive. Dumb luck can work in roaring bull markets.

Then came 2008 and the crash with it. I exited in a panic with losses. I also sold my ESOPs. The stock would become one of the greatest companies in India. I never understood the competitive advantages of the local giant because I was enamored by all employers “phoren”.

I returned to the markets in 2010 well post the recovery, now with saved up bonuses. I was now fascinated by investing theory and buying stocks at “discount to fair price”. Given my job and access to fund managers, I managed to get inspired by the best of the best and bought stocks like Central Bank, Bank of Baroda, PNB, Venkys etc. If the best could buy these, who was I to not see “value”? PSU banks went on to do what PSU banks do best and the promoter of Venkys decided to buy a football club. The stock price halved overnight.

The amount I lost gives me shudders even now. My parents had by now realized that I had a propensity to commit self-destruction when it came to shares – and that I was too egoistic to buy mutual funds! They asked me to buy an apartment in my hometown and I went along with them. Committing to a house had the fortunate effect of blocking the remainder of my savings which I would have otherwise lost.

I met a truly great investor in 2011 in an “MNC” company. He would sometimes talk stock when he was drunk. I would not listen. Who listens to an angry, pissed off guy who dealt mostly in expletives when he was drinking? I will get back to him later.

2012 kicked in. I still had about a few lakhs left (yeah, I was earning okay back then). And I was determined not to give up. I was inspired by a senior and replicated a part of his portfolio of potential multi-baggers. The difference was that he had invested a fraction of his portfolio in them. And I had invested 100%. I was going to get rich in Pratibha Industries and Sanghvi Movers and Cera Sanitaryware. The promoter of Cera suffered a tragic loss and the share crashed (it was to recover phenomenally later) and I sold in a panic. And given the kind of businesses Sanghvi and Pratibha were, I was in at the wrong point of the cycle. Needless to say, my savings evaporated by 50% mostly because I panicked.

Zygo who is here on ValuePickr sat not far away from me and he was honing his skills. I should have known better and had a chat with him. I did not, instead choosing to curse my luck. At this time, I fell seriously ill and managed to lose my job as a consequence. Account balances were looking shameful.

2013 came and bought me a new job. At a salary lower than what I was earning in 2007. The job was unexpected because it came through a consultant who called me out of nowhere. Thank Lord Krishna for LinkedIn. And then, the angry man from 2011 called me out of nowhere as well. He had quit corporate life and he had heard what had happened to me. He was financially free and was working a job that he liked – managing money for an old client of his. He had just booked his 2nd apartment in Mumbai. This time he used his expletives to tell me to shut up and listen. And I did listen for a change. He told me he had never sold any stocks in his investing career except to buy his 1st apartment in Mumbai. And he still had a multi crore portfolio left over. I asked him how. He told me that he had held – PGHH, Gillette, Nestle, HDFC Bank, HDFC Ltd, Castrol, Bosch, Kotak Bank, and Marico for more than a decade. He told me about the wealth creating impact of blue-chip stocks that dominated the industries they operated in and the compounding that they did over time and how they could create the big money needed to flip the bird to the corporate world.

No miracles happened. I was not going to become a brilliant investor, bunkering for the long term. My build was that of a short term speculator. I had lost so much money and self-esteem due to the illness and the sudden job loss that I was not able to let go of my fears of finding myself with next to nothing in my bank account.

What I became instead was an opportunistic trader-investor hybrid buying mostly for a few weeks to a few months to a year at most. The difference was that I was now applying the concept of buying high ROCE, dominant businesses that were more likely to survive downturns. A shift “mostly” to quality, if you will.

Luck plays its part. Politics had changed and markets were celebrating. And I was also buying better stocks. 2014-2018 allowed me to recover not only what I had lost, but recover a few times over. I was cutting losses quick. I was letting winners run longer. I was still losing in a few picks but winning more often. The focus on quality had increased my odds of getting picks right. The profit taking was allowing me to sleep better.

Here is something people will rarely tell you when ranting about the story of their life – I slogged and I slogged at my day job. I made good bonuses over 5 years. And I saved every last rupee that I could. Traded and invested every last rupee of savings. I increased my base capital from trading gains, annual bonuses and savings. Base capital is critical. And it can come from the job you do. Don’t let anyone tell you about how they did it from stock picking alone!

In 2016, I had hit my first respectable milestone.

In this period, Zygo had also called once in a while. Conversations with him were motivating. He was already a fine stock-picker and doing very well for himself. He was generous enough to talk about his investing approach. I also kept speaking to my angry mentor every month. The point here is - talk to people who know more than you. Do your thing but talk to people who know better.

By 2019, my success had made me overconfident and addicted to trading. I made some money but now I was over trading. Every single day. Could not let go. I was buying like crazy – buying quality but now overpaying, and playing for a percent or two. I was 100% invested in January 2020.

2020 March and April – panic kicked in again. Funny thing is I had seen it coming. No not the virus - but the possible fallout. This was when the propaganda videos of people falling as if dead on the streets of Wuhan were just being released. I knew something was wrong. But I was going to trade. And despite cutting quickly, I was down 15% in a jiffy. And all the bounces I played were sold into again and again. Confidence evaporated. I stopped going crazy in September 2020. Took a month off from the itch. And got back in. Smaller positions and slower! Fortune favors the brave. I have now recovered 70% of what I lost in March-August 2020. In 2 months, I will be hitting another small personal milestone.

Look, I am not rich. But I am at a place where I don’t have to see the look of disappointment in my wife’s eyes anymore.

And I have no pretenses about my abilities. The market has humbled me many times. I have since 2013 focussed only on not making huge mistakes – the kinds that hurt you for years. I have outperformed a couple of very overrated fund/PMS managers.

Today, I hold thematic mutual funds in Pharma and IT and stocks in banking and FMCG sectors – the only two sectors I understand. I have also made some money in index funds and index ETFs. Investing is personal. You can mix and match as you please.

I must apologize again for taking too much of your time. I just wanted to say – do not give up hope. Ever. The mistakes will keep coming. You learn something new each time. We just have to keep trying to improve the odds in our favour.

124 Likes

brother i understand your loss, but losing money at yes bank was very novice mistake. even anyone who have basic knowledge will never invest company like yes bank jiska future ka pta nhi… i think you already started reading lots of book like i did… when i started investing yes bank started to rise 160 to 260 in front of my eyes… and the friends of mine was cheering but i was like wtf, how? then the scam news comes up… till then i have read tons of book on investing as i want to invest in right way (i.e according to me fundamental investing), so i warned everyone at my office collegaue to take exit at 200 but noone listened to me… and they started to averaging out. I was kinda sure that it share price going to go lower day by day, but didnt know it will crash to 10-20rs. my friends didnt took my advice and they started to buy and averaging it out, but as i was knew i cant force them bcz i didnt had experience so i could be wrong. so i decided to wait and watch . And then it happened, know i start to trust more and more in fundamental investing. by the grace of god, i havent had yet any bad experience till date. only the 2020 crash was the eexperience to see, but i didnt sell any of my share. now i am happy i took the pain. because today i am 100% up of my portfolio with pormisiing company :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I delted my broking app, just to avoid the temptation to do something… i rarely buy stock and stick with them

3 Likes

My biggest mistake was not having enough conviction,one stock i had strongly looked at last 2 years back was Goldiam international,however the stock cracked close to 30 percent and i lost my will and sold my position.Now the stock has gone up close to 6 times.

6 Likes

Me too. I sold Tata Power at 60, after it doubled (boought it at 30s). Rest is history.

1 Like

New to this forum. Just searched the topic with the key words Lower Circuit, and voila! came across this well articulated blog. I’m new to stock market and already experiencing most of the lessons shared by @shreys. I searched the topic with those key words because I’m in a similar situation with Trident and was looking to educate myself not to be in such situation again. This blog made my day.

I hage made tons of mistakes in the market. This was the most important one. So this is a ten year old story. In the hindsight suicidal and stupid

There was this company called teledata informatics. They made software for the naval ships.

They said they were an IT company and according to the reported books their turnover was the fifth highest after infy tcs wipro. (Tcs was not listed). Imagine stupid investors like me who believed that the market for marine software was bigger than banks and multinationals.

Their pe was less than 6-7 and the markets probably knew. At times the pe would nose dive to 3. I saw it as a multi-bagger.

What I also realized was that they had no campus jobs. I was in my third year at IIT Kharagpur. Even then I must say greed, lack of experience and belief in management commentary did me in.

Now at this stage I don’t trust any management at all. Only after very strong conviction in the ethics of the management I buy.

Back to the story.

They demerge the company into three parts to realize the true potential of the stock.

Two of the off shoots never got listed. Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) even teledata could not be traded in.

The sebi did nothing and all small investors lost everything they ever put in.

I still wonder how they managed to save their ass and how they are not behind bars. A few years later right opposite to south point high school in a small residential building I finally saw a board of the company. Lol I laughed at my stupidity like I am while posting this. Lost dads money to fraudsters :stuck_out_tongue::man_facepalming:

21 Likes

I used to own Teledata. Good to know some one who did too because I can relate to your painful experience. I guess we need these experience to make us better. That said I could make the same mistakes again and again. Sintex Plastics, RNRL, Pincon and 63 Moons are some of them. I guess my mistakes were made when I went looking for cheap stocks.

Other mistakes which are more painful were in the ones I sold out too quickly like TATA Sponge, Premco. It’s not that these were quality stocks. I wasn’t patient enough to hold on to my conviction. I started out investing by selling stocks that generated 50% returns which now I think was highly flawed way of “investing”.

I have few stocks which I am holding for 15 years like Aarti Drugs and Cheviot. These were bought cheap too but were consistent performers with few bad years. Their management weren’t too bad either. Occasionally they would buyback stocks at a higher price which I wouldn’t approve.

Now I almost finished concentrating my portfolio. I bet on quality stocks like Abbot, Colgate and Nestle. March 2020 onwards, I was able to get out of less convincing companies and consolidate on my winners. The problem with have few stocks is that it gets boring. There is nothing much to buy or sell.

Another problem with concentrating the portfolio is the confusion of which ones to sell when most of the businesses are great. There is also issues with buying more of the companies which have appreciated.

13 Likes

Nice thread and could connect many mistakes I have committed and the people I know are committed. Buying low quality companies and loosing significant capital is the mistake almost everyone does in the market during their initial days. Apart from that my biggest 3 mistakes were

1. Not having an emergency fund: When I started investing all the extra money I could save, I was putting into stock market. Had to take it back when I had financial emergency. Though I was hopeful of my picks in long term but I had to sell off the stocks to raise money. And it was during 2018 corrections and lost good amount of money.

2. Invested the loan money: This was the dumbest of dumbest thing I did in stock market till date. I was not short of any money and one day my bank RM called and said there is preapproved loan for you. If interested they can release at the moment. This was the time after making some money in stock market and I was confident that I can make more money. So took the personal loan and invested in stock market. This was also in 2018 when I had a financial emergency, I had to sell off the stocks in loss.

3. Trying out option buying & revenge trading : This is the third biggest mistake. I never thought I could lose this much money in so short time. This was when my regular stock investments were going well and me out of nowhere wanted to try out options. All the capital wiped out in couple of months. Added some more money to take back the lost capital. Lost the money again. Added again. Lost the capital again. Good thing is I said bye bye to my ego and stopped the options then and there. But by then lost some good amount of money.

When I look back all these thing I was aware. I was aware leverage trading, not having emergency fund, revenge trading, naked option trading would lead to destruction. Still did not give much importance to it. Learnt hard lesson and moved on.

32 Likes

Can you explain the point 3 -4 and what is mistake or is the regret you felt or its real mistakes?

Yes watching news for stocks long-term is a sin, i made big mistake in future retail news boomed like court case favour to future and reliance in pipeline acquired immediately felt down. Lesson learnt font trust news and always but with stoploss