IPO Review - Discussion until listing

Hello Dhiraj,
I want to understand the allotment system better. So what I could understand was that since issue was oversubscribed, allotment was through lottery system. Does each bid then count as one lottery ticket or each applicant has equal probability irrespective of number of bids?

Thanks

Find this information interesting. https://www.charteredclub.com/ipo-share-allotment/
While artcile represent actual situation in my understanding, my understanding itself is limited on this issue. Hence, please read article with that disclosure.

2 Likes

If you apply in retail category (under Rs 2 lakh bid) then if issue is over-subscribed, it makes sense to only apply for one lot. They way allotment works is you are only considered for one lot during the lottery in case of over-subscription irrespective of how many lots you have applied for. To maximise chances of allotment, apply for one lot from different accounts of family members.

In HNI category (more than Rs 2 lakh bid), the allotment is made on proportionate basis. Say in HNI category, it has oversubscribed 50 times and I have bid for 50 lots. Then I am guaranteed to get one lot. That is why there is a big system of giving loan to HNIs for IPO allotment etc.

3 Likes

The recent IPOs like Affle,IRCTC, IndiaMART, Metropolis, Polycab etc are on a tearaway run. Looks like they have run ahead of their fundamentals.

2 Likes

CSB Bank IPO is open and fully subscribed on the day 1

another bank IPO on its way

Post the commencement of operations of the SFB, Ujjivan transferred most of its assets and operations to the SFB. It’s now being made to list the SFB to comply with the regulatory requirements of listing the SFB within three years of operations, i.e. on or before end of Jan 2020.
However, the parent has been trading since 2016 and almost all of its assets are in the SFB, hence, for all practical purposes, the SFB has been trading for the three years now. In that sense, this is not an IPO, but rather a forced listing which will result in the creation of a hold company at the parent level but even that might be just for a year or two, after which we will be back to square one.
so it is a forced IPO due to compliance rather than planed IPO…
USFB has a wide presence across 24 states and union territories in India. As on 30 June 2019, it has 4.72 million customers, 474 Banking Outlets, 387 ATMs, two 24/7 phone banking units (in Bengaluru and Pune) and 50 additionally operated Asset Centres. Customers can use USFB mobile banking application in 5 languages.
Ujjivan Bank IPO is a main-board initial public offering of 1,911,813,902 equity shares of the face value of ₹10 aggregating up to ₹750.00 Crores.

The issue price of the IPO is ₹36 to ₹37 Per Equity Share. The minimum order quantity is 400 Shares per application and the offer type is Book Built Issue .

The IPO opens on Dec 2, 2019 and closes on Dec 4, 2019.
Draft Prospectus : https://listing.bseindia.com/download/11423/IPO/Ujjivan%20Small%20Finance%20Bank%20Limited%20-%20DRHP_20190819122726.pdf

SBI cards IPO will be one of the biggest this year.
https://www.livemint.com/market/ipo/sbi-cards-files-draft-papers-for-rs9-600-crore-ipo-11574855421203.html

Read this in context of Carlyle’s acquisition, valuing the SBI cards at 7200 Crore. A cool 8 times growth in two and a half years( partially thanks to demonitization!)

Carlyle buys 26% of SBI cards valuing company at 7,030 Crore

2 Likes
2 Likes

Does anyone able to bid for >2L under shareholders quota? I am trying to do it in Axis Bank and it is not allowing me to do it

Guys,

I have been applying to ipo since quite some time now but wanted to know about shareholder category. Will it be helpful to buy a single share of sbi to be eligible for sbi cards ipo or is it till the time of filing of RHP?

HDFC AMC OFS will enable Standard life to liquidate some of its holding to meet the regulatory norms at reportedly very high multiple possible for an AMC business.
Will the increase in liquidity & free float ease the stock price?
HDFC AMC OFS - 4th & 5th Dec

Report on Ujjivan Small Finance Bank IPO

Ujjivan Small Finance Bank - IPO notes by Wealthyvia.pdf (752.2 KB)

1 Like

RHP date is the cut off. But why wait to buy one share worth 340/- only

1 Like

It may be silly to ask but I haven’t applied in any IPO accept Ujjivan where I applied in retail category. so I just want to know the date is the filing the draft RHP or the RHP which date one should consider like SBI Cards filed draft RHP on Wednesday i.e 4/12/2019 so if one want to apply in the shareholder category so by which date one should have aleast one share in their DMAT

one can find the draft prospectus below

Regards

It depends on issue to issue. Ujjivan and SBI Card both have RHP is the cut off date while a few earlier ipo had DRHP

Is the data passed for SBI cards IPO to apply in shareholders category? or if i buy SBI today or when is the last date?pls advise

Can still buy as the RHP has still not been filed with SEBI

1 Like

Next IPO in the offing.