Hitesh portfolio

vijayk,

I am not an expert on market projections. In my technicals section i usually follow well recognised patterns like breakouts, like flag pattern, inverted head and shoulders etc. But the general feel I get is that we seem to be seeing buying support nearer to 7100-7300 and if that holds for some more time there could be a good rally. Fingers crossed on that front. I usually like to do what is in my control which is to find companies with good potential and putting a good amount of capital on them.

gautham1,

Hawkins has indeed report decent nos after a long time. But I feel markets would watch the co for another quarter to re inforce the belief about its growth prospects. Nothing wrong with co or its brand strength but since it has disappointed a lot in the past it would take some time to regain the faith of investors.

7 Likes

Hi Hitesh Bhai
Whats Your View On TCI as after dicent result Q-3 as compare to other stock in logistic sector not moving at all either way…Mr Vineet agrawal MD always Give encouraging commentary eg 15% CAGR In sales & Profit for coming 16-17year,Express business value unlocking by april 16 Will grow by 20-25%…but not a single trigger fevouring stock…kindly ur valuable comments…

Hi Hitesh,

I am new to this forum and am not sure if this is the right thread. Basically, I am long term investor (> 5yr) and I hold the following portfolio. I would like your views on whether to add/drop certain companies from this list. I do not invest in large caps generally because that part is taken care by SIP in MFs.

Ajanta Pharma
Strides
Suven Life
Camlin
Dai-Ichi
Amara Raja
Ashok Leyland
Atul Auto
JBM Auto
Gruh
Donear
Trident
Surana Solar
Genus Power
Technocraft

Thanks in advance,
Somnath

@mukesh, I dont track tci and dont have much idea about its financials.

@isapsos, You can start the portfolio details on portfolio thread on VP as a new topic and take it from there.

Hitesh Bhai,

I have noticed you have become super active in this thread in helping small/new investors in these tough times which is helping many folks like us.

I also have a query, i.e considering last two ears as consecutive draught years for India, I am betting on probabilities for this year to be a good monsoon year. So, which stock or set of stocks ( names) and best proxy to play this theme. I have v little knowledge of this sector. I mean to ask which stock may bounce the most if monsoon is really good. Few names comes to mind is Insectisides, Kaveri ( but it has several other probs) etc. Can you share few best names worth digging.

Thanks

santosh,

There are very few companies in the agrichem space which are worth digging. The ones that come to mind immediately are PI inds, Dhanuka, Rallis, Bharat Rasayan, Kaveri, Insecticides etc.

I own and remain bullish on PI Inds bcos of its unique business model.

2 Likes

sir what u make of repco nos gnpa has shot up to 163crs

I feel its a routine matter. As summed up on repco thread by mr shah, NPA issues will keep going up and down but would likely remain under control.

The growth parameters look quite good.

Thanks Hitesh Bhai, as always, In this kind of market, it is safe to stick with known quality names, while creating alpha, one may lose capital also, although Insecticide looked most undervalued if monsoon comes really good, may give good results, but I may avoid it looking at jittery market, PI is looks best, but growth and quarterly numbers has been flattish for last few quarters, but mkt rates it very high and any further dissapointments may derate the stock like other quality midcaps.

Best

Hiteshbhai:

Omkar specialty continues to perform decently. Promoter pledging factors also reduced.

Is it safe to assume it can sustain P/E( conservative) of 10 with EPS full year 15-16?

The stock may test patience in coming months/ year but i dont see any reason to switch. Am i wrong?

hitesh bhai what could be the adjusted book value of pnb after recognising all the bad asset my assessment tells me it could be around 50

ritul,

I had exited omkar after last quarter i.e q2 results. While the business seems to be going well I was not to sure about the quality of the business. For me it was an opportunistic undervalued bet.

zulfi, I dont track pnb or any other psu banks so no idea about its book value.

sir what u make pi earnings , how to analyse margin expanded but topline flat

Hi Hitesh,
I am looking into investing in Avanti and was doing some studying about shrimp farming (due to their planned hatchery business) and found some company Ralco trying out new indoor shrimp farming methodology with high volume production. I posted the same in Avanti thread. Could you kindly post your thoughts on it?

We would need to see how the new technology succeeds. It seems all this started in 2011 and yet has not had a big impact.

And end of the day it has to have commerical viability.

Basically there is a huge deluge of newsflows on almost all companies and one needs to prioritise what is important and what is not.

4 Likes

Hi KKvar,

The technology u r talking is still time to materialize atleast 2 years away…plus understand that USA imports close to 1.3 Bn pounds of shrimps which would slowly grow with consumption increasing. Also that Ralco technology if at all successful will produce 9 Mn pounds at full capacity 2-3 years down the line which is not even 1% of total shrimp imports into USA…so i dont think u need to worry about that …

Yes, It will take time to materialize (already been 5 years since the inventor started it). Should have looked at the overall shrimp exports by USA. Thank you for that. We can revisit this if it materializes as once it does, capacity expansion should not be taking too much time. Also, not sure if the shrimp quality will differ from the ones raised in a regular shrimp farm, possible diseases etc.

Hi Hiteshbhai,

This is a query on how do you build a position in a company. Suppose you have identified a stock and build a conviction and allocation to a stock. This is assuming you have the ready cash and you are not selling something else to buy this stock.

If you find an idea (lets say PI Industries) is right now at a decent value (not screaming value but stock has corrected and is a good point to enter) do you go all in or spread it over few weeks/months till you reach your allocation.

I have been trying to find answer to this question and had also started a thread on it - Trading Query:How do you build a position in a company?

1 Like

There are only two approaches to build a position.

first is to go all out and buy the desired quantity after doing the necessary homework and if stock is at right price.

other is to stagger the purchases over a period of time. this can be considered in bear markets like we are in now where due to panicky situations one often gets chances to load up during panic sell offs.

I usually buy in a single lot if liquidity is there and price is right. Many a times the prices do go down after i buy but in a stock worth around 100 rs if my target over next 2-3 years is close to 300 then i wont be too bothered about buying at 100 and seeing the price go down to 85-90 bcos if the business is robust the price is bound to reach the targets if all the triggerss we have envisaged play out.

Some times some stocks offer limited liquidity and one cant load up even in 3-4 days then it makes sense to do gradual accumulation.

But at the end of the day it is more to do with the temperament of the investor. Some go for a single shot and have their drinks neat whereas others stagger and are slow in downing their drinks.:grinning:

20 Likes

Hiteshbhai,

If one buys a stock at 100 and goes to 85-90 its not a big cut, one can still keep calm and look at the underlying business.
But how to deal with situation like the one going now in markets, when stocks go down 30-40% in no time after investment.
For example a company like CARE ratings is down more than 50%.

So how to keep one’s calm in this environment?