Hitesh portfolio

Thank you hiteshbhai!!

I think in case of CARE there hasnt been too much by way of growth. So in corrections companies which dont report expected numbers are going to be hit the hardest as there is no earnings growth or even hope of earnings growth to support prices.

If one is convinced about the story one can hold on or else if there is a better option available it makes sense to switch irrespective of the percentage loss.

3 Likes

Hitesh it will be a great help if you can share you view in page industries. I am invested and buying more now. just wanted to make sure if i am making any mistake by buying now as it had slowed down, please tell you view .

Page remains one of the better portfolio bets in the consumption space.

It has shown lacklustre growth since past 3 quarters against expectations of higher growth. And to begin with at around 16k levels expectations were quite high. Now the stock has corrected almost 40% from those lofty levels and now I believe expectations would be lowered as compared to earlier.

The brand remains strong and management seems intent on strenghthening it the way we see its ads on tv and other media.

Based on expected eps of around 200 for fy 16 its available at a forward PE of 50. The one question that clearly needs to be answered by us is whether the company can improve upon the current growth rates of around 15% to above 20% preferably 25% plus range. One option for the management I can see is to try to explore newer geographies like Sri Lanka, Nepal and other countries where they have got license to sell jockey brand.

4 Likes

Hi Hitesh,

I am based out of ahmedabad. I am keen in engaging with like minded ppl based out of ahmedabad…who take value investing as a mainstream profession…would you have contact of any such ppl??

Hitesh bhai, thanks for your views. However, don’t you think that the newly listed ABFRL is a better option in the same space, as it is a pure play on fashion and offering better margin of safety… Regards

1 Like

Hi Hitesh,

Is it a good idea to invest in a company which is available at a good discount but never shown much growth in the market? The company fundamentals are strong and have been posting positive numbers since years but never moved much in the market.

hitesh,
whats your view on launch of kid segment? if x number of parents like jockey brand and buy jockey undergarment for self, cannt kid segment be the next large driver for growth? kid segment is also not price sensitive compared to adults?plus like soft drinks, u capture your customer from early age. key question remain if they get a take off in kid segment or not?

Thanks Hitesh for your comments. I feel I must stagger my buy now keeping a close eye on its growth. Management says consumer are not buying now. Hope pay commission will help to improve the sentiment / growth.
Any blind buy in your eye now. Pl ignore it if its hurts forum rules. Thanks again

Thanks hiteshbhai
I feel that investment is more about temperament rather than all the analysis paralysis… Because it is only conviction and temperament that will make an investor sit tight during bear market phase

2 Likes

@nitin mukhi, Some of us VP guys from ahmedabad and baroda do meet two to three times a year.

@jirohit, Page did earlier venture into kidswear but did not make much headway. There was again some mention about re launch. Not much idea about its potential size and how much market they have captured. But they have been launching many newer things off and on. I bought their socks some time back and they have been very good quality. Elastic also seems to be holding on since almost a year without loosening.

weblinsolutions, Your question seems a bit confusing. In first sentence u mention that it has never shown much growth and second sentence u say it has been posting positive numbers since years.

sudipto, I think the recent carnage has given some decent opportunities. Stocks I bought recently include take solutions, and praj inds. take is more an opportunistic bet. Praj is more a theme based bet. Other companies which look interesting for longer term include Page inds, PI inds, Gruh, Repco esp after the recent correction.

3 Likes

hi hitesh,
any views on abbott india?. you might know better than anybody else.

Thanks for recommending so many names. Page, PI, repco, Gruh are known names , but bit surprised on take solutions and praj. Frankly speaking was expecting some pharma names as jackpot picks. thanks again

Hitesh bhai Thanks for guidence…I m from Ahmedabad so can I get opportunity to attend one of VP meeting at Ahmedabad or baroda…will be highly obliged…Regards

thanks a lot hiteshbhai for providing valuable input and new ideas.it’s simply wonderful.You added praj as long term investment …pl. provide some thoughts as there is no special thread about Praj.(if it is possible.) .thanks sir…for great work…

Hitesh, Sorry to confuse you with my question. Let say a company “X” is posting good profits and growing every year at a good pace but it’s stock price never reflected the same performance. The stock prices have never shown much growth since it’s inception and now the stock is trading at very low prices even though it have done excellent business in all the last quarters. What would be your take on it? Is it worth buying now at low prices? A company doing good business every year but still the stock prices never increasing at the same rate of business growth. Stock is in the market since 10 years.

1 Like

I have started a thread on Praj. I am surprised we dont have a thread on the company.

4 Likes

thnx Hitesh…look forward to be part of such meet, when it happens next…may be in ahmd or baroda…i will come…
in the mean time if u could name a few guys from ahmd…i can msg them and get in touch wid them…

Hello Sir,

What is your take on relaxo at cmp?? or do u think the more beaten dwn one’s make more sense.

regards,
Jugal

thanks hiteshbhai for providing great insight about praj and obliging us…! Sir, as far as i know from your post you have mentioned about Tata Elexi once part of your portfolio …I am having it @ around 650 what’s your view about it as it’s providing (ROE track record for: 3 Years is around 31.9…and looks consistant…thanks again sir…