Hitesh portfolio

Makhana (Lotus seeds) are a natural source of calcium. These may also be included in the diet without the unnecessary side effects.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks very much sir…

1 Like

Kanvagarg123,
Actually the MRP mentioned on the “Cipcall” strip of 15 tablets is around Rs70/- and the same is being sold for Rs10/- in the generic medical shops. The said price of Rs10/- is sold only in generic shops not in regular medical shops.

1 Like

@hitesh2710, @kanvgarg123, @zulfi, @okmehul, @mg108 thanks very much guys for your answers.

@nishantkandoi who knows better than pharmaceuticals other than Hitesh bhai. In fact I came to know about generics after coming to this forum only. I am not that much familiar with the facts you mentioned in your reply but the information is an eye opening to most of the people who take Shellcal CT for calcium supplements. I can say that when comes to calcium supplements Shelcal CT is the only one prescribed by the doctors.Once again thanks very much for the excellent information.
Request to please let me know the medicine name (calcium citrate) which you are using.

What I meant to say was that my father buys this generic product at a higher price than you mentioned even after being a pharmacist. I will ask my father next time to negotiate more :smiley:

Hiteshbhai,

If you can share your wisdom on managing the number of stocks in one’s portfolio.

I use to have 5-6 stocks in the portfolio when the portfolio was small compared to the overall networth (house, fds etc) ,

But since the portfolio has grown to significant size of the overall networth after few years of consistent investment and good returns…the number of stocks have gone up to 15-16.

My top ten holdings consist 80% of the portfolio.

What are your views on managing portfolio when the portfolio size is significant to the overall networth ?

jshah,

How many stocks to keep in one’s portfolio is a very subjective call with a lot of people having very strong views about the subject.

I personally remain flexible in terms of no of stocks to keep in PF. Usually it ranges between 7-8 to 10-15 stocks.

But at end of day everyone has to design the PF and no of stocks in a way in which he is comfortable.

4 Likes

@ hitesh

one general question…do you know who has the 180 days exclusivity of generic crestor which is suppose to be going off patent this year. I tried searching on net but didnt found much info on this.

Though some companies have got the tentative approval but is thier any specific company which has got 180 days exclusivity just like torrent and alembic in case of abilify. Would appreciate if you can answer this.

Thanks in advance.

rohit,

I dont have more info about crestor exclusivity or any co holding it.

For what it’s worth…

Source: http://www.aurobindo.com/docs/press-room/company-news/2010-2011/aurobindo-pharma-receives-tentative-approval-for-rosuvastatin-calcium-tablets.pdf

Disc: No holding.

2 Likes

Based on the above, Watson labs has got the 180 day exclusivity.
Watson having been acquired by Allergan (Actavis), makes Allergan the ultimate ANDA holder.

Above information can be retrieved from FDA portal or from the below dashboard.
https://public.tableau.com/profile/vishnu1702#!/vizhome/ValuePickrDrugsFDADashboard/Dashboard1

For more details, lookup the following thread:

11 Likes

Thank you so much guys…

Hitesh ji what is ur view about aksherchem it’s pe is below 10 .and it’s overall growth seems good.

I dont track aksharchem so no idea about it.

Hitesh bhai…can you please update about your recent picks / portfolio update

Recent buys i.e in last six months include Piramal, HMVL, Allsec, NIIT, Praj, etc. An opportunistic and more of a technical bet is Mercator.

Exits include Take, Granules, Torrent Power etc. All of these were opportunistic or technofunda bets and once desired gains are achieved I usually exit unless undervaluation persists inspite of price rise.

The older ones like Torrent pharma, alembic, shilpa, avanti, Canfin, Repco, jagran etc remain and some of them are doing very well and those that I was bullish on a lot like torrent pharma and alembic have gone no where in spite of great results.

Looking at the portfolio as a whole helps tide over these disappointments bcos just as these diasppoint, others like avanti, shipa, allsec etc are going great guns.

None of the above are recommendations and anyone contemplating buying any of the disclosed stocks should do proper due diligence and take appropriate positions.

35 Likes

Thank you sir.

I have torrent pharma, cadila, alembic, DCBBANK, gruh hcl tech Tech mahindra

What’s your view on caplin?

Hi Hitesh, any views on the booming and muched talked about micro finance sector? It would be great to hear Donald’s view here too.

1 Like

hnk

I dont track caplin so not much idea about it.

@vidurchhabra, Microfinance sector companies seem to be on a roll. Most of the companies seem to be growing at nearly 40-50% cagr since past 3-5 years. Currently there do seem to be tailwinds for them. I would like to monitor their asset quality closely though. Loans given for productive purposes could after a period of time and some amount of prosperity be diverted to other purposes e.g buying consumer goods like tv, fridge etc which work the other way round as compared to productive assets. Having said that I personally feel that we might be in the initial or mid phase of microfinance bubble and there might be money to be made in this theme. Trick would be to exit at opportune moment esp when price momentum robs one of one;s prudence and logic.

19 Likes