Hitesh portfolio

@bullbear,

You can read the relevant threads on pharma companies and on financial statement analysis (and read Pat Dorsey’s book Five rules for successful investing) to get a better idea about your queries.

9 Likes

Just the info, many of Pat Dorsey books are available in audio format in amazon for cheap. It’s very pleasant to listen to such golden words while working out in the gym or as a sleeping lullaby :slight_smile:

This is for those people who don’t like reading, although if one is in this forum, it is highly unlikely one doesn’t like to extensively read :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi Hitesh,
After listening to BMji’s recent interview, I did a google search on NBFC’s in India. Came across this insightful report:

After going thru this, I was wondering that if NBFC lending to middle income group in the rural area is going to rise, then the consumption is going to rise too. These people are either going to borrow to consume or invest in their SME’s.

So what are they going to spend the borrowed money on: Scooter’s, motocycles, build new houses, tractors, cookers. Companies manufacturing these and having a durable moat sld do equally well.

4 Likes

Hi Hitesh,

How long does the observation on Form 483 last for? I have been tracking a injectable company since last year when they got form 483 in april 2015 and the company had replied to FDA. I am not too sure if the observation are still valid and the company has not come out saying otherwise. Is their a specific timeframe after which Form 483 becomes void?

1 Like

dipen,

There is no fixed time line for resolution of USFDA issues. First of all comes form 483 which is a sort of observation about irregularities. Companies usually respond to these within a month with details of corrective actions taken and await response from USFDA. During all these procedures company can still export to US markets if it has pre existing approvals in place. Some companies do voluntary stoppage of shipments.

If USFDA is not satisfied with actions then it can issue import alert after which company cant export to US markets.

If issues are of a serious nature and the FDA guys are not satisfied then they can continue to drag the issue for a very long time as in case of IPCA.

8 Likes

Hiteshbhai Essel Propack seems to be a good proxy play for FMCG sector. This could be a classic case of selling pickaxes and shovels during the Gold Rush. Inherently a business that i personally like. Would love to hear about your thoughts on this

1 Like

Essel propack as u suggest could be an interesting play on consumption theme.And it has shown good consistent growth.

I havent looked at its financials in details but the theme could be interesting to play provided valuations provide comfort.

3 Likes

I read the next apple on your reco and I have been following cos making their all time highs. Got Essel today on my radar based on that. I would be happy averaging up as long as fundamentals keep improving.

Cannot agree more…

5 Likes

HIteshji,

What is your thought on Piramal Ent considering recent developments,

1. Demerger
  2. Good Results
  3. Lafarge cement deal ( just a news???)
  4. Bringing Financial Business & Shriram Finance business under one roof.
  5. new realty investment platform
    Though Ajay Piramal in his interview on news channel today said, “Demerger will be done in 12-24 months.”

Regards
Rakesh

1 Like

Hiteshbhai:

What are your views on Ipca Labs ?

Eventually the company should be able to come out of these issues? is it more a matter of opportunity cost of Capital?

thanks

1 Like

Hi Hitesh,

After Q4 results, do you feel take as opportunistic best or long term? Could you please share your thoughts?

TIA.

TCPL packaging ltd looks a good Co. in the packaging industry and available at less than 500 crores mcap. Good customer base and high growth in the sector and potential to grow further at 20% in the near future. Did you look at it?

Hitesh Bhai,
How safe is to use generics?
My mother is using Shelcal CT (Calcium supplement) manufactured by Elder Pharmaceuticals which is costing around Rs180/- for 15 tablets and the generic tablet Cipcal marketed by Cipla is costing around Rs10/- for 15 tablets in an generic shop.
I am getting 15 generic tablets for the cost of 1 patented tablet.
Please guide me whether to go ahead and use Generic tablets or stick to the original one.
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

ys reddy,

If the generics medicine is from a standard co like cipla it is quite okay to use it.

9 Likes

Just out of curiosity, Ys Reddy how are you able to get that strip for 10 Rs? Even my father being a pharmacist doesn’t get that cheap ?

Hi ys reddy,

It’s interesting you asked Hitesh ji a non investing related question :slight_smile:
My two cents:
Things are a bit more complicated if you dig deeper. Calcium supplement in form of calcium citrate is much better. Calcium carbonate is harder to digest and hence it is strictly recommended to take it with a meal.
However comparing shelcal and cipcal, both are of calcium carbonate form along with 250IU of Vitamin d3. So rationally speaking, one should go with the cheaper version given the fact that both are produced by good companies.Note that shelcal is from animal source so it would count as non-veg.
I am an aspiring weight lifting athlete so I take 500 mg of calcium citrate with 2000IU of vitamin D3 and 700 mcg of Vitamin K (K1 & K2). Vitamin D3 is necessary for your body to make use of the calcium supplement you are putting in. Vitamin K and vitamin D3 work synergistically. So normally it’s recommended to take vitamin K, D3 and calcium (citrate form recommended but carbonate form is okay with the meal)

Best regards

21 Likes

Try CCM by GSK. I use that. It contains the following
CCM Calcium Citrate Malate, Colecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Folic Acid
My father being a pharmacist never gave me Shelcal because of the reason you have mentioned above. Just to add, calcium carbonate deposits in your Kidneys and can cause kidney stone problem.

15 Likes

might not be related to topic, but this is one of the great service done by all top contributers at valuepickr , keep it up

2 Likes

Vit k2 …prevents deposition of calcium in the wall of the arteries…prevents calcium plaque formation…so all CA and vitd3 takers who have h/o heart problem…need to take vit k2…combination…
Sorry for extending off the topic discussion…

4 Likes