Hitesh portfolio

@vinamrachaware

Regarding exit strategies I think I am often poor at selling. I still end up selling winners too early and holding on to losers too long. Its a work in progress for me.

In case of companies which I know are not that great, I often sell out once I see a lot of froth and fanfare in the stock price. e.g recently I sold out of Hikal when it ran up from 140 to 180-185 with no obvious reasons barring the entry of Ashish Kacholia. I was too early to exit Bajaj Finance when I exited around 2450 and had to see the stock go up to 2990 but now it seems to be a good place to get in around 1900-2100 and have started accumulating again.

I have seen some guys do quite well following the nifty PE range in their exits . e.g you can go through dhinakaran portfolio. http://forum.valuepickr.com/t/dhinakaran-portfolio/2695

Similarly I think @bheeshma practises the stop loss of I think 7% below his buy price which could work well for someone well versed in the method.

I am still trying to fine tune my exit strategies. But when I feel overall markets are weakening, I often pull the plug and sell a lot of stuff from my PF where I dont get comfort from price behaviour or from fundamentals.

27 Likes