Eros international

@nikhilbora

I hope you have gone through following 2015 link posted by @diffsoft in detail

This link is enough for me to never look at this company again till the management changes no matter the valuations. There are 5000 stocks in the market & I am sure we can find quite a few better than Eros.

1 Like

Subscription to EROS NOW is growing. Very rich in content, Bollywood’s biggest movie collection, combination of old and new movies in all regional languishes, Many original series etc. This is very high margin business.
Company might have corporate governance issues in past, but business is good. And now the kind of dirt cheap valuation (P/B 0.3, P/E 2.9, P/S: 0.80) should reverse.

Once again Eros has reported excellent results with EPS @ 28 which gives a PE ratio of mere 2.4! and the Patsy is the New Individual investor who gets carried away by these kind of Illusionary performances and thinks that it is value investing.

Eros international counter has been inactive quite a long. And last 1 year, lot of events have happened. Following their merger with STX, now the company is revamped with a new management and sentiment has been very positive for their parent. They have backing from well renowned names such as JP Morgan for long term loans, STX investors such as Tencent Holdings, Technology partners such as Microsoft and epic games. Next year, beginning, they are launching Eros now prime with english contents. Yes true, for EIML (Eros international media) listed in NSE/BSE, the prospects havent changed much. There is no clarity on future of EIML holders. Last week, Eros STX issued a 4 point guidance to increase shareholder value for their ESGC shareholders and it included simplifying their corporate structure including review of EIML listed in NSE/BSE. I invite expert views in this regard, what does it hold for EIML share holders? Will it go for delisting or something else? If delisted, what value they might quote ?

Few highlights/observations from annual report published this evenjng. EIML finally talks about ‘enhancing shareholder value’ in its annual report 2019-20 released this evening, inline with one of the key objective of its parent which I posted previously. Guess in that case it won’t delist, something else may be (ADR?). Also as company reported loss last quarter, they will put for voting during board meet to revert a part of salary paid to Lulla, this is a good sign on governance part. Eros reliance LLP is aborted. And then more Interesting in Erosstx website they have audited reports of all it’s subsidiaries such as colour yellow, eros films etc for 2018-19…
Clearly company is in process of image building.

1 Like

Hi
Any update on its us entity
When all the music companies are buzzing this looks undervalued based on the Book value

Anyone tracking pls comment

There is one more point I would like to add here is the increase in revenue due to use of block chain technology in this industry will be phenomenal.

With the limited knowledge what I know is that they will stop the piracy through BLOCK CHAIN TECHNOLOGY. And this will result in compulsory revenue to the owner of Music right holder.

Request members to add their views.

Although Eros is available at historically very low valuations, it is very high risk given its checkered past. The company still has borrowings much larger than market cap.

The US-based Eros International Plc is trying a turnaround (that is, at least officially speaking) via a merged entity with STX Global, namely ticker $ESGC. As per Wikipedia:

By April 2020, STX had released 34 films, which earned over $1.5 billion in global box office, with hits including Bad Moms, Hustlers, and The Upside.

Execution has issues and $ESGC share price has collapsed from $3.2 to $1.2 in the last year. I am tracking with low intensity and not aware of the details.

Disclosure: No investments.

2 Likes

Amy one tracking this stock still can give comments