Borosil Limited

Hi

Thanks for sharing this.

It has some numbers specific to Larah.

On the question about the scheme of amalgamation:

Rgds
Deepak

In the above Interview i notice the below line where: -
Shreevar, however, believes his journey has just begun: “In FY20, we should hit ₹1,000-crore turnover at group level…

Can someone tell me what is current turnover of the company?

I believe he is referring to consolidated group turnover (including Gujarat Borosil) which stood at Rs. 635 cr in FY 2018 (as per consolidated financials of BGWL) and at Rs. 575 cr during 9M-FY 2019.

Regards,

1 Like

BOROSIL Glassworks: Presentation on Company’s performance for the quarter/year ended March 31, 2019.

Hi

Some important first glance observations from the results.

• Keeping in mind that June and March are usually the depressed quarters for consumerware business, March is a poor quarter for Borosil. Though sales have shot up 24% its made a loss on a PBT basis. March is the worst quarter for PBT nos for Borosil

• YoY the sales have increased 20% on a consolidated basis.

• PBT margin has fallen 420 bps YoY for consumerware business

• Overall YoY sales of consumerware has increased by over a whopping 40% on a consolidated basis (scientificware and flat glass business have had 4% and 8% respective sales growth)

• Compared to LaOpala the Borosil consumerware division quite poorly in March quarter but on a YoY basis LaOpala had only a 7% increase in revenues.

• As management has spoken before they seem to be taking almost a ‘startup’ like route to gain traction in the consumerware division.

Will go through in detail later.

Others please share your views specifically vs LaOpala. Thanks.

Regards

1 Like

Hi

Attaching my short deck on the consumer business of Borosil which I shared in Goa this year.

Aside the stock seems to be furiously on the move albeit on the way down :slight_smile:

Rgds

disc: I have a position in this stock. This is not a recommendation. I have been invested in this before though.

VP Goa (2019)_Stock Idea_Deepak Venkatesh.pptx (2.3 MB)

6 Likes

Hi

Decent results posted by Borosil. Will wait for LaOpala to come out with their numbers.

https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/bacff67d-9be0-4a77-b4ef-f6c3180e1a5e.pdf

The consumer ware division returned to profitability this quarter at a PBT level.

Rgds
Deepak

2 Likes

Concall transcript: https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/30a926b2-cde7-4cfb-9414-9f17344d36a4.pdf

1 Like

Company has requested for extension of time to hold AGM of the the accounting year ended 31-03-2019 by 3 months, in view of impending Composite Scheme of Amalgamation and Arrangement.

Any delay in qtr result, annual result or such processes are not encouraged by Mr market. Don’t wish to read in between lines but certainly it shows poor planning by involved team.

e5925145-60f5-4c58-8f5c-9387dfb0f4cd.pdf (694.2 KB)

1 Like

Asian Paint MD & CEO Mr. Kanwar Bir Singh Anand is appointed as Additional & Independent director of Borosil

2 Likes

Borosil has returned more than 65% since Mr. Kanwar Bir Singh Anand was appointed as Additional & Independent director. Anyone else has some clue behind this spike… more concerned,if this is going to sustain or another pump & dump strategy by big guys :frowning:

The run is also due to Ban on Plastic initiative by Govt all paper & glass stock rallied on news :rocket:

4 Likes

http://www.borosil.com/doc_files/Newspaper%20advertisements%20for%20hearing%20before%20NCLT.pdf

NCLT Hearing for Composite Scheme of Amalgamation and Arrangement on 21st November 2019.

Q2 results

2 Likes

Pl. check the consolidated results … Why flat glass profits in negative as compared to last year 10 cr profit… No doubt good growth in Consumer biz… Having said that, 10 cr is not small amount

Check consolidated results also…

Consolidated results problem will be solved by the proposed demerger scheme where Borosil Consumerware and Gujrata Borosil (Solar business) will become separate entities.

NCLT hearing is on 21st Nov

Disclosure: Invested

Executive Chairman and Director of the Company, Mr. Bajrang LaI Kheruka has resigned from the said position with effect from November 18, 2019.

I understand that as per his age, he might not be actively participating in day to day activities but does he get replaced with young blood to make meaningful impact.

As part of amalgmation scheme declared by the company, each shareholder of Borosil Glass will get 1 share of new Borosil Ltd (consumer and scientific business)and 2 shares of Borosil Renewables (solar glass) for each share of Borosil Glass whereas each shareholder of Gujarat Borosil will get 1 share of Borosil Ltd.and 1 share of Borosil Renewables for every 2 shares of Gujarat Borosil Ltd. All approvals obtained and final NCLT hearing is on 21st Nov 19.

With CMP of Borosil Glass at 193 and Gujarat Borosil at 77, I can see clear arbitrage as one can buy more of Guj Borosil to own future Borosil Ltd at lower price. But it seems market is not seeing it this way. Am I missing anything here?

Disclosure - invested in Borosil Glass as well as Guj Borosil for more than one year and continue to transact in both the stocks