Bodal Chemical Ltd

In such a depressed markets stock prices never skyrockets…if it would hv been operator driven then either it would hv gone to 0 or through the roof.
Many companies are posting stellar results but still stocks are not moving up.
Let the earnings backfill till that time.

3 Likes

Promoter bought 45 lakhs worth of shares again from the off market :slight_smile:

1 Like

Promoters have continuously increased their holdings since May 2018.

1 Like

promoter has been acquiring post septmeber…still share price is absolutely stagnant… another way to lok at this would be that had the promoter not been in the market the stock would have crashed

2 Likes

From which website you are collecting this info…please advise

bseindia.com.

It is my own script which does the work of downloading it from bseindia.com and putting it into image

Further, Bhavin Patel bought 0.19% of shares on 28 Mar and 29 Mar.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/reports/bodal-chemicals-disclosures-under-reg-292sebi-sast-regulations-2011-14561121.html

BODALCHEM

Sir,
Your report on Acquisition was very useful.
Can you let me know more about writing script to retreive data from bseindia?
Thanks in Advance.

Why exactly is Bodal allotting warrants to the promoter now? How do they arrive at the price - Rs. 115 in this case? https://www.equitybulls.com/admin/news2006/news_det.asp?id=253054

They had invested in chlorine balls plant where the technology. The project had failed due to disputes with the technical partners and funds, approx 80 cr, are now stuck.

As they have the technology now, they are considering setting up their own plant at dahej for these.

Thanks, but I haven’t seen anything about this. Any sources for this news?

The management has been buying shares and have now taken warrants
Either they are extremely bullish on next few years, warrants usually suggest that as the company only gets 25pc upfront or they want to send a message that they are bullish on the company during this bear market phase

They are diluting the shares when the company doesn’t need any fund and also at the cheapest price. This is good for the promoter and very bad for the minority shareholders.

3 Likes

Why can’t the minorities also buy if price is cheap ?
You can’t blame anyone taking advantage of market driven processes
They didn’t purposely jeopardise the share price
They could buy from markers which they have but it affects the price

For promoters, its pure option buy. Execute it later if only when things are favorable for them. Same is not the case for the minority shareholders.

Assuming they execute it later, equity dilution happens and EPS will fall.

2 Likes

It’s not an option buy
They have to pay 25pc upfront which if they don’t buy they lose
Options at a price of 25pc premium is very high premium

The market price went up just in time for a QIP issue, and never saw that level again once the QIP closed. Now the market price comes down just in time for the promoters to issue warrants to themselves. In general, the promoters’ actions do not lend comfort. Need to check what they did with the QIP money but the last time I checked there was only an increase in debtors and inventories, no fixed assets were created. Haven’t tracked the company for quite some time now but it was a very expensive lesson for me.